• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W: #99) Dry cough, aches and slight fever - - uh ohhh

Clearly the vaccine works, so be vigilant but don't be so worried. \

You know what I just got reminded of?
That scene in "As Good As It Gets" where Carol is constantly running back and forth checking on her sick son.
That was our life when our son was his age.
And with Karen, it's reached that point where any deviation from the norm puts me on high alert status.
She can go a couple of months with no problems and all of a sudden (usually on the weekend, wouldn't you know it) she will suddenly go into toxic shock syndrome in the space of a few hours.
It used to be our son who threw us curve balls, now it's my wife.

Clinic called - - NOT COVID.

"What is it?" (dumb question)

"It's not COVID"

The End.
Ay carumba, hey I'm glad I don't have COVID but I guess if this crap keeps up I'm going to have to figure out what it is.
You have a loved one to worry about, aside from yourself. No worries about being concerned.
Karen and our little Squirt are on a different level perhaps, but every time one of us is sneezing, we are reminded of the what if. It is what being responsible is all about. Not us, but those we love.

That scene in "As Good As It Gets" where Carol is constantly running back and forth checking on her sick son.
And with Karen, it's reached that point where any deviation from the norm puts me on high alert status.
She can go a couple of months with no problems and all of a sudden (usually on the weekend, wouldn't you know it) she will suddenly go into toxic shock syndrome in the space of a few hours.

Yes, living in a state of constant threat is very challenging.

Again, I feel for you.

You have a loved one to worry about, aside from yourself. No worries about being concerned.
Karen and our little Squirt are on a different level perhaps, but every time one of us is sneezing, we are reminded of the what if. It is what being responsible is all about. Not us, but those we love.

We figured out that humor works.
Karen's vesicostomy (bladder stoma) is not in the usual place down low on the abdomen.
When they told her they wanted to give her a stoma, she was all "Oh great, now I will have two belly buttons."
The doctor shot her a funny look..."Well, I AM a girl so I was just thinki...."

"Karen, we can put it IN your belly button if you like"
"REALLY??"
"Sure, not a problem"

But it IS a little bit different because with the usual location, a foley catheter just slips right in, whereas with hers it takes a wee bit more skill.
And some of the VA nurses handle her so gingerly that they sometimes seem afraid to insert the catheter properly, because I doubt they've ever seen
a vesicostomy going into a belly button before...the canal that connects it to the bladder was made from her appendix...smart huh?

So there's this one male nurse at Long Beach VA who does it as well as I do it, and Karen calls him "The Pee Whisperer".
He's actually a very funny guy, too. We love him, he's just the absolute best.
And I DO "do it" very well, Nurse James has even complimented me on it.
I also do injections very well too, and field dressings. 😁

And a bunch of other stuff...

How are you doing?

How are you doing?

I really feel like an idiot because this morning, aside from some initial chest congestion and a pressing need to use the Navage, I feel fine.
It took two refills to finally push all the crud outta my nose, but eventually it all cleared up.
I feel fine.
And the reason I feel fine is because apparently there wasn't really anything wrong with me and I went in to a tizzy as if I was in an REM song.

My wife is right, I have to stop overreacting to the slightest widdle sniffle.

I really feel like an idiot because this morning, aside from some initial chest congestion and a pressing need to use the Navage, I feel fine.
It took two refills to finally push all the crud outta my nose, but eventually it all cleared up.
I feel fine.
And the reason I feel fine is because apparently there wasn't really anything wrong with me and I went in to a tizzy as if I was in an REM song.

This you? (Glad you're feeling better)

rona.jpg

giphy.gif

This is a sample of why some folks are not sure about getting the vaccine. Breakthrough cases after originally being told the vaccine would protect you from the virus have eroded the believability in the spokespeople and the vaccine itself.
Honesty is always the best policy and messaging is critical. That's where the ball got dropped. Really need new messenger and better message.
I know... doesnt it just burn your ass. All these lies and not a single Bayesian proof. Scientists are stupid.

OMG... so very sorry. :(

I'm fine.
I don't know WHAT the HELL that was, but apparently it wasn't COVID.
On a general level I feel like crap but that's just me paying the price for acting like an idiot for forty some years, so overall I feel okay...it's just my "okay" is different from what it was when I was 50 years old or younger. If I had the memory span of a goldfish I'd say I felt great, because I wouldn't remember what waking up as a twenty five year old felt like. 😂

Thanks for asking.

I'm fine.
I don't know WHAT the HELL that was, but apparently it wasn't COVID.
On a general level I feel like crap but that's just me paying the price for acting like an idiot for forty some years, so overall I feel okay...it's just my "okay" is different from what it was when I was 50 years old or younger. If I had the memory span of a goldfish I'd say I felt great, because I wouldn't remember what waking up as a twenty five year old felt like. 😂

Thanks for asking.

From what I gather, an awful lot of out-of-season viruses are surging, likely due to COVID restrictions lifting. And on top, most people weren't exposed to the usual barrage of viruses so their immune systems may not be quite as quick to identify certain threats.

Our little guy has brought home an endless barrage of viruses since we opened up, around May/June. The latest? RSV, appearing as a sudden 101.6 fever in him last Sat. Tested negative for COVID, at least. I got my fever last Friday. I've almost never gotten a fever as an adult.

I feel fine.

For every person who over reacts there is two who just dismiss warning symptoms.

Getting tested is really not that much of an over reaction especially when you have a temp.
I think of finding out the Texas Gov Abbotts was being tested everyday to be over reacting.

But good news indeed for you.

From what I gather, an awful lot of out-of-season viruses are surging, likely due to COVID restrictions lifting. And on top, most people weren't exposed to the usual barrage of viruses so their immune systems may not be quite as quick to identify certain threats.

Our little guy has brought home an endless barrage of viruses since we opened up, around May/June. The latest? RSV, appearing as a sudden 101.6 fever in him last Sat. Tested negative for COVID, at least. I got my fever last Friday. I've almost never gotten a fever as an adult.

I wonder if that's what I had (???)
Aggghhhh, who knows, it's over now, actually feeling pretty chipper this morning.

This is a sample of why some folks are not sure about getting the vaccine. Breakthrough cases after originally being told the vaccine would protect you from the virus have eroded the believability in the spokespeople and the vaccine itself.
Honesty is always the best policy and messaging is critical. That's where the ball got dropped. Really need new messenger and better message.

By god I knew a guy who wore a seatbelt and still died in a car accident! HOW DARE PEOPLE TELL ME SEATBELTS SAVE LIVES!!!

Clinic called - - NOT COVID.

"What is it?" (dumb question)

"It's not COVID"

The End.
Ay carumba, hey I'm glad I don't have COVID but I guess if this crap keeps up I'm going to have to figure out what it is.
Yay! I recently woke up with a sore throat and post nasal drip. No fever, no cough, no malaise. However, sore throat is a possible covid symptom, and I had spent several hours at the hospital while my husband was undergoing an outpatient procedure. The nurses practitioner recommended that I get a covid test, based on my having been at the hospital, considered a possible hot zone. Test result was negative. I canceled my personal training at the gym just in case I was positive. I didn’t want to make anyone else sick.

oh, and I’m fully vaccinated, but I know the vaccine is not 100% effective.

By god I knew a guy who wore a seatbelt and still died in a car accident! HOW DARE PEOPLE TELL ME SEATBELTS SAVE LIVES!!!

When Jonathan Merchant woke up paralyzed from a car accident, he endeavored to sue the car manufacturer because "the seat belt failed to prevent his injuries", but his attorney discovered that the seat belt DID actually work, for the first couple of seconds. The reason it failed was because of the severity of the impact, which tore the seat belt anchor from the rest of the body of the car as it fell 170 feet from the roadway.

So his suit, while successful, was not about seat belts failing to protect from injury, it was about DEFECTIVE seat belt design, and all Chrysler products manufactured after 1994 incorporate additional safety structures based on the outcome of that particular lawsuit, one of a half dozen similar cases.

1630793107141.png

Vaccine arrow hit you.jpg

Sorry but your clumsy attempt at understanding how a vaccine works isn't giving you ANY credibility nor are the lame excuses put up by the majority of your fellow anti-vaxxer friends.

Back
Top Bottom