• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:98]San Francisco police chief says making suspects sit on ground is 'demeaning'

Re: San Francisco police chief says making suspects sit on ground is 'demeaning'

San Francisco is a s***hole city, plain and simple. Both in a figure of speech and, to one degree, a literal sense. You have human poop, syringes, some weapons, and homeless people on the streets. Why anyone in the right mind go to and/or live in San Fran is beyond me, especially when their city council has absolutely no plans to fix the problem on the streets. Instead, they focus on bull crap legislation like banning straws and water bottles, and giving special care to illegal alien murderers (like the guy who shot and killed Kate Steinle) instead of their own law abiding citizens. Of course, the state of California, as a whole, has been heading down that same path for years. Just the other day, one their representatives came out and said he would love to regulate speech content, so it shows how much disdain they have towards the US Constitution's First Amendment. California: not all what it's cracked up to be.

Re: San Francisco police chief says making suspects sit on ground is 'demeaning'

San Francisco is a s***hole city, plain and simple. Both in a figure of speech and, to one degree, a literal sense. You have human poop, syringes, some weapons, and homeless people on the streets. Why anyone in the right mind go to and/or live in San Fran is beyond me, especially when their city council has absolutely no plans to fix the problem on the streets. Instead, they focus on bull crap legislation like banning straws and water bottles, and giving special care to illegal alien murderers (like the guy who shot and killed Kate Steinle) instead of their own law abiding citizens. Of course, the state of California, as a whole, has been heading down that same path for years. Just the other day, one their representatives came out and said he would love to regulate speech content, so it shows how much disdain they have towards the US Constitution's First Amendment. California: not all what it's cracked up to be.

Why would someone want to live here? Because of the natural beauty and excellent weather (that's personal preference of course, I love that it doesn't get to hot). And the best and brightest from around the world come here so if you are a driven person who wants to be successful this is the place to be.

But yeah, we have a lot of problems that our politicians create such as the ones that you list. From a policy perspective if this is what people want imported across the country there is a lot to be concerned about.

In the so-called 'fly-over' city I live in called Dallas, people don't **** in the street, drug addicts don't drop their used needles anywhere they please and I can use a plastic drinking straw anytime I please.

San Francisco used to be a great city until liberals got a hold of it and ruined it, just like they do with any city they mismanage

https://www.areavibes.com/dallas-tx/crime/

You'll find that the rate of crime in Dallas, TX averages 32% higher than the rest of Texas while the rate of crime on a national scale is 44% higher than. You'll find that the occurrence of violent crime in Dallas, TX is 76% higher than the average rate of crime in Texas and 102% higher than the rest of the nation. Similarly, crime involving property stands 24% higher than the remainder of the state of Texas and 35% higher than the nation's average

It's "its hard to start running while sitting" thing.

Not really. Less than a second for most people.

And even if so, not many run, but all should be forced to sit on the ground as policy?

I'm never going to understand follower psychology.

Too many things they need that I can't tolerate

In the so-called 'fly-over' city I live in called Dallas, people don't **** in the street, drug addicts don't drop their used needles anywhere they please and I can use a plastic drinking straw anytime I please.

San Francisco used to be a great city until liberals got a hold of it and ruined it, just like they do with any city they mismanage

Dallas?.....A place to Fly over and look down....That is about it

Not really. Less than a second for most people.

And even if so, not many run, but all should be forced to sit on the ground as policy?

I'm never going to understand follower psychology.

Too many things they need that I can't tolerate

Less than a second is more than from a standing start. Yes?

Less than a second is more than from a standing start. Yes?

Not enough to justify the practice as a matter of course, no.

They could preemptively shoot you in the leg too.

If they could shoot straight.

Not enough to justify the practice as a matter of course, no.

They could preemptively shoot you in the leg too.

If they could shoot straight.

Not Enough according to whom?

And shooting in the leg (if you are serious) is both stupid and IIRC not official policy anywhere.

Not Enough according to whom?

And shooting in the leg (if you are serious) is both stupid and IIRC not official policy anywhere.

But I thought it was about control and officer safety.

Why stop at degradation?

But I thought it was about control and officer safety.

To me yes. To you?

Why stop at degradation?

What degradation?

I have been on the ground for Police a couple of times already (one time for something I actually did). I don't feel degraded.

Are you degraded by sitting on the ground?

You might have self esteem issues.

Well, where are they supposed to sit? Golden pillows?
A police car.

Try reading next time.

To me yes. To you?

What degradation?

I have been on the ground for Police a couple of times already (one time for something I actually did). I don't feel degraded.

Are you degraded by sitting on the ground?

You might have self esteem issues.

I don't really play dominance/submission games. I find them offensive. Putting folks on the ground is designed, at least in part, to establish dominance.

I don't have a strong expression of "follower" genes.

But some do.

Different strokes, I guess.

I don't really play dominance/submission games. I find them offensive. Putting folks on the ground is designed, at least in part, to establish dominance.

I don't have a strong expression of "follower" genes.

But some do.

Different strokes, I guess.

Games to you. Safety and security to others.

Sorry you genes set doesn't include "self esteem" genes.

And when there are more detainees than seats?
Then they can request backup or put detainees on the ground and fill out a report later. It's in the friggin' OP.

Read people. Read.

You might be surprised at how much more sense the world makes.

Games to you. Safety and security to others.

Sorry you genes set doesn't include "self esteem" genes.

It doesn't. Aspergers.

Don't get off on most of the things most people do.

Don't need to find someone to follow, nor do I need followers. Don't care about status. Don't worship those above me nor look down on those below me.

Which is why a lot of things people do boggle my mind.

Like you defending a practice that is clearly designed to establish dominance. Puts the possibility of danger to an officer above the dignity of those they purportedly work for.

Doesn't "resonate" with me at all.

Because I don't have the same stimulous/response patterns used to develop these methods.

It doesn't. Aspergers.

What does Aspergers have to do with your genes?

Don't get off on most of the things most people do.

So what? Relevance?

Don't need to find someone to follow, nor do I need followers. Don't care about status. Don't worship those above me nor look down on those below me.

And this has what to do with being set down when one is detained?

Which is why a lot of things people do boggle my mind.

And?

Like you defending a practice that is clearly designed to establish dominance. Puts the possibility of danger to an officer above the dignity of those they purportedly work for.

I am defending a practice that is shown to help prevent injury and pursuits. It is harder to both run away and/or strike an officer if one is on the ground.

Doesn't "resonate" with me at all.

And?

Because I don't have the same stimulous/response patterns used to develop these methods.

Relevance? We are not talking about YOU detaining someone.

Then they can request backup or put detainees on the ground and fill out a report later. It's in the friggin' OP.

Read people. Read.

You might be surprised at how much more sense the world makes.

So they end up an the ground anyway.

Oh, the horror....

You do know that Asperger's is a genetic condition and NOT a (generally) greenish (but sometimes whitish), stick-like, vegetable that is almost impossible to eradicate once it has established itself in your garden, don't you?

You do know that Asperger's is a genetic condition and NOT a (generally) greenish (but sometimes whitish), stick-like, vegetable that is almost impossible to eradicate once it has established itself in your garden, don't you?

His genes. Not mine.

Sorry for any confusion.

Moderator's Warning:
Everyone needs to stop with the little sideswipes and snark. Stick to the topic an avoid things like "Asperger" which has nothing to do with this thread or ""self esteem" genes" which also has nothing to do with this thread.

So what? Relevance?

And this has what to do with being set down when one is detained?

And?

I am defending a practice that is shown to help prevent injury and pursuits. It is harder to both run away and/or strike an officer if one is on the ground.

And?

Relevance? We are not talking about YOU detaining someone.

YOU made a claim about me not having "self esteem" in my genes.

So I clarified about my genes.

Aspergers is a flaw in the social instincts.

So I don't respond to many things the way others do.

Hope that clears things up for you.

I know you just wanted to fuss at me.

But as I have never understood on an instinctive level why people.do a lot of the things they do, I really don't care what you think. That only comes with familiarity and time, with me.

YOU made a claim about me not having "self esteem" in my genes.

So I clarified about my genes.

Aspergers is a flaw in the social instincts.

So I don't respond to many things the way others do.

Hope that clears things up for you.

I know you just wanted to fuss at me.

But as I have never understood on an instinctive level why people.do a lot of the things they do, I really don't care what you think. That only comes with familiarity and time, with me.

Mutual.

Bye.

Back
Top Bottom