• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:962]The right to intervene in someone's private life.

weaver2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Aren't most of the abortion threads posed by conservatives:
Is the normally developing ZEF alive?
Is the "It's my body , it's my choice" a good argument?
Lies of abortion supporters
Elective abortion limits
etc. simply opportunities for anti-abortion advocates to explain why they have the right to intervene and interfere in other people's most intimate and private lives?

Elective abortion limits
etc. simply opportunities for anti-abortion advocates to explain why they have the right to intervene and interfere in other people's most intimate and private lives?

It’s the same emotional argument over and over again. Their superstition caused by a Bible gives them access to control people’s lives, or so it used to be. Part of what we are seeing on the right in the country is a crack up over their antiquated, and superficial, notions of being pro life are increasingly rejected by the country.

It’s the same emotional argument over and over again. Their superstition caused by a Bible gives them access to control people’s lives, or so it used to be. Part of what we are seeing on the right in the country is a crack up over their antiquated, and superficial, notions of being pro life are increasingly rejected by the country.
I think a large part of the country is anti-abortion. I understand how they feel. However, i wish they understood how i feel. I should have the ultimate choice on giving birth, or deciding not to.

I think a large part of the country is anti-abortion. I understand how they feel. However, i wish they understood how i feel. I should have the ultimate choice on giving birth, or deciding not to.

I don’t care how they feel. I don’t need to give it even a tiny consideration.

Elective abortion limits
Yes. Pro-choice is technically the conservative position, since it opposes government intervention in private matters, but cons have swallowed the Kool Aid and conflate a 12-week old ZEF with a toddler pedaling a trike.

I have no interest in any adult human's private life. I do have an interest (and an obligation) to protect young human's lives.

I'll give a hundred bucks to anyone that can demonstrate that they are "PRO-abortion" - - as in:
They like abortion, they think everyone should have at least one, and that it should be viewed as no different from any other form of birth control.

No one is PRO-abortion.

But the so called "pro-life" movement is really "pro-birth" and anti-life.

Pro Lifers after born.jpg

The term "pro-abortion" is kinda' stupid.

"Pro-choice" advocates that a woman have a choice in the case of every pregnancy.

"Pro-life" advocates that every pregnancy be carried to term.

"Pro-abortion", therefore, would advocate for an abortion in the case of every pregnancy, and no one is taking that position...

Elective abortion limits
Because most choose to imagine that it is the same as a baby. And thus their emotions self-indulgently kick into overdrive.

That’s isn’t true at all.
"Pro-abortion", therefore, would advocate for an abortion in the case of every pregnancy, and no one is taking that position...

People who call themselves pro-abortion disagree with you.

5A5D6196-EFAF-47E0-8629-775D95333A90.jpeg

I have no interest in any adult human's private life. I do have an interest (and an obligation) to protect young human's lives.
That seems unreasonable. Can you give some rationale for your lack of interest in already born human beings? And who made you obliged to promote fetal lives over the already born?

That seems unreasonable. Can you give some rationale for your lack of interest in already born human beings? And who made you obliged to promote fetal lives over the already born?

I don’t care what adult humans do with their lives, their bodies, etc. in their private lives. Why would I? It’s not bothering me or hurting anyone.

My career obligates me to protect every young human. My moral compass extends that to the unborn as well.

Last edited:
Elective abortion limits
This discussion will never be resolved here, because it also includes the life on another - the fetus.

Edit: Argh! Got drawn from the front page into the Abortion Forum! Oh well, carry on . . .

The term "pro-abortion" is kinda' stupid.

"Pro-choice" advocates that a woman have a choice in the case of every pregnancy.

And the pro-choice one isn’t true either. Most pro-choicers draw the choice line at viability.

All of their usual arguments can be refuted either financially, morally, biblically, legally or biologically. They have only one legitimate argument: My religion say abortion is ( pick one) a sin, murder, immoral, against God's will, against our religious ideology.

Those are all legitimate arguments for the congregants of that church in prohibiting women of the church from getting an abortion and punishing them within reason if they do. The Constitution protects their right to do this. The problem comes only when they ask the government to make laws managing the child bearing of women outside of their church. Then it becomes a 1st amendment violation.

Elective abortion limits
Perhaps you can suggest what you deem are appropriate topics for those conservatives?

Back
Top Bottom