• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:911] Documentary exposing the hidden history of Israel's founding

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
It's hard not to wonder what the world looks like right now had that decision not been made. I understand why it was, but it also led to decades of strife and likely millions of lives lost.

Acknowledging that doesn't mean someone hates Jews.

It's hard not to wonder what the world looks like right now had that decision not been made. I understand why it was, but it also led to decades of strife and likely millions of lives lost.

You may not hate them, but do you blame them for that strife?

Acknowledging it might, however, mean that Israelis would stop electing someone with the level of aggressive temerity of Benjamin Netanyahu, who then goes and keeps building on the West Bank.

The last thing we need is the umpteenth thread on who is handling this worse, Israel or the Palestinians.

Does not change the fundamental facts, nor the course we are seeing, when it comes to the conflicts between Israel and the Palestinians.

Does not change the fundamental facts, nor the course we are seeing, when it comes to the conflicts between Israel and the Palestinians.

It might. It might get Israelis to stop electing an aggressive war hawk like Netanyahu who then keeps sabotaging the peace process and a two-state solution.

It might. It might get Israelis to stop electing an aggressive war hawk like Netanyahu who then keeps sabotaging the peace process and a two-state solution.

Unlikely, as I've said for years on this subject. Both Israel and the Palestinians want, and elect as their leaders, violence.

There is no prevailing ideology, I would argue in the entire region, that promotes peace.

What evidence do you have that those who have been opposing Israel would ever be willing to settle for a “two-state solution?”

But it can bring the fundamental facts to light, and then people can evolve their thinking.

How is that working out for Israel? (I am serious, even though I doubt you will own up to fact that there has been, is today, and odds are will be tomorrow continued violence.)

I would agree that Israel's founding is controversial and I've gotten into online spats with pro-Zionists over this issue. I would also simultaneously point out that the Arabs have not done themselves any favors. Arab leaders - including the militias within Israel/Palestine - don't give a shit about the Palestinians - never have. They just exploit the Israel/Palestine conflict for their own self-serving purposes. I feel for the Palestinian civilians are who hopelessly screwed.

I would agree that Israel's founding is controversial and I've gotten into online spats with pro-Zionists over this issue. I would also simultaneously point out that the Arabs have not done themselves any favors. Arab leaders - including the militias within Israel/Palestine - don't give a shit about the Palestinians - never have. They just exploit the Israel/Palestine conflict for their own self-serving purposes. I feel for the Palestinian civilians are who hopelessly screwed.
America should be the last country to complain to someone else about stolen land

America should be the last country to complain to someone else about stolen land

Indeed, this goes for much of the global north. But stealing and occupying land has consequences, particularly when the people whose land has been stolen don't exactly want to give it up.

Indeed, this goes for much of the global north. But stealing and occupying land has consequences, particularly when the people whose land has been stolen don't exactly want to give it up.
They're not getting it back and they can make a 1000 movies and that won't change

What evidence do you have that those who have been opposing Israel would ever be willing to settle for a “two-state solution?”

How is that working out for Israel? (I am serious, even though I doubt you will own up to fact that there has been, is today, and odds are will be tomorrow continued violence.)
They’ve survived, which is a far better outcome than most were predicting in 1948.

They're not getting it back and they can make a 1000 movies and that won't change

I agree, and world Jewry loses sympathy over its stance and that won't change either.

The whole thing is a complicated mess. Glad I have no skin in this game.

Why.

Do you think there are a lot of countries out there that are run by the original inhabitants of that area.

The native Americans themselves had no problem pushing another tribe out and stealing their land.

Why.

Do you think there are a lot of countries out there that are run by the original inhabitants of that area.

The native Americans themselves had no problem pushing another tribe out and stealing their land.
And none of them should be complaining about stolen land either

Back
Top Bottom