• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#9]Congrats Supreme Court Justice Jackson

How so-what do you think makes someone "one of the best" there are dozens of people more qualified than she is. when you limit it to black females-your point has merit.

More qualified according to whom? You obviously want to discredit the Bar Association- so then who? Glenn Beck?

More qualified according to whom? You obviously want to discredit the Bar Association- so then who? Glenn Beck?
do you understand that when a liberal body declares someone well qualified, that doesn't mean they are the best or even in the top ten. Do you think that she is the best available leftwing jurist?

actually I believe the Democrat party is farther left than it has ever been, while the GOP platform is pretty much the same since Reagan.
I will grant you that the Democratic party has moved somewhat further left, to a point where it is uncomfortable for me at times. But to say that the GOP is the same since Reagan is ****ing laughable. Reagan went from the heart of conservatism, to a RINO, to a radical lefty, in 30some years.

I will grant you that the Democratic party has moved somewhat further left, to a point where it is uncomfortable for me at times. But to say that the GOP is the same since Reagan is ****ing laughable. Reagan went from the heart of conservatism, to a RINO, to a radical lefty, in 30some years.
Reagan or the GOP? what issues was Reagan lefty on while in Office?

do you understand that when a liberal body declares someone well qualified, that doesn't mean they are the best or even in the top ten. Do you think that she is the best available leftwing jurist?
The exact same can be said of you. Your ideas of what makes someone qualified is kinda laughable.

Reagan or the GOP? what issues was Reagan lefty on while in Office?
I did not say he was a lefty in office. I meant(and sorry if I was less than clear) that that is how his policy is perceived now.

Congrats Supreme Court Justice Jackson, well earned. You handled this process with complete dignity and grace which is more than we can say for the distractors that questioned your integrity. You'll do a great job.

View attachment 67384467
She is intelligent, patriotic and highly qualified for her new position as Supreme Court Justice Ketanjie Brown Jackson. This is a good day for the United States of America, and I also congratulate her and am proud to have her on the court.

Judge-Ketanji-Brown-Jackson-576-%C3%97-250-px-3.png

The exact same can be said of you. Your ideas of what makes someone qualified is kinda laughable.
explain. Federal court of appeals experience is widely regarded as the most important experience one can have. Being a top supreme court advocate is another as will a top ranked constitutional legal scholar

I did not say he was a lefty in office. I meant(and sorry if I was less than clear) that that is how his policy is perceived now.
we will disagree on that. and I don't want to get booted for discussing Reagan

The GOP didn't slime her the way the Dems did prior nominees
She didn't bring baggage of sexually deviant behavior with her, like Cry Baby beer drinker and Long Dong "let me describe my penis to you" Thomas. So there is that.

From the bit I saw of her, I wasn't a big fan, yet, though not quite as little as I was of Merrick Garland; I liked Kagan more and Sotamayor a lot.

On the good side, she seems like a very competent, honest Justice, which is wonderful to get after the recent string; but she seems very 'centrist'. I didn't hear her say anything that seemed notable beyond 'that's reasonable'.

In other words, she is both a huge positive, just by being 'decent' and highly skilled, and not yet standing out for me. But that's only going by a tiny bit of some statements - what matters will be her rulings. I'm pretty sure they'll be at least 'fine and good' - we'll see if they are more, like Sotamayor's.

An example is that when Lindsey Graham offensively asked her for her faith, she didn't respond scolding him for violating the constitution or make a statement about religious qualification for office, especially the Supreme Court - she just answered Protestant. Bleh.

I WAS glad if the bits I heard were right that there was a more corporatist candidate James Clyburn, who Biden owes a lot to and is why Biden made the pledge to nominate a black woman in the first place, was pushing - that Biden did not pick in order to pick someone who seemed better.

A positive is that it's apparently rare that Supreme Court Justices who oversee so much have any trial experience - the info I've seen says that since 1975, Jackson is only the second Justice to have been a district court judge, after Sotamayor. All the rest but Kagan were on appellate courts only. And she's been a defense lawyer, which is great.

Did you feel the same way about Barrett?

No, IMO she will be influenced by her religion and she's already used incorrect information in forming a legal opinion.

WTF does Trump have to do with senile joe engaging in racial/gender quotas?

You said she was qualified...how does Biden nominating, as he promised, a candidate who can represent a broader...and under-represented on the bench...national demographic equal meeting a quota?

Better representation for the entire nation...that was the intent. And now happily fulfilled.

explain. Federal court of appeals experience is widely regarded as the most important experience one can have. Being a top supreme court advocate is another as will a top ranked constitutional legal scholar

Widely regarded" is code for "I think this". Unless you can document what qualifies someone for a SCOTUS appointment, your ideas of what qualifies someone are simply biased opinion.

Did you feel the same way about Barrett?

WTF does Trump have to do with senile joe engaging in racial/gender quotas?

Why would anyone "feel the same way," about Judge Brown's senate confirmation, as one would in reaction to senate confirmation of the fifth consecutive, white Roman Catholic, all nominated to the SCOTUS by two G.O.P. POTUS who entered the white house despite losing the popular vote, all five from lists of names provided by the openly corrupt, "dark money aggregator" Leonard Leo?

Justice Barrett's nomination and confirmation obviously signaled an RWE erasure of the lifetime of accomplishment of the late Justice Ginsburg,
just as Justice Thomas's nomination and confirmation signaled an RWE erasure of the lifetime of accomplishment of the late Justice Thurgood Marshall.

-snip-
The fifth consecutive white Roman Catholic nominated to SCOTUS by 43 or 45, a female, was raised in a tiny. extremist, male controlled religious sect, as was her spouse.
-snip-

Republican Senators Seem Pretty Fired Up to Get Rid of Some Civil Rights

https://ballsandstrikes.org › Articles Archive
Mar 23, 2022 — "There's the obvious Justice Thurgood Marshall erasure; Jackson was 21 ... whose sexual harassment allegations against Thomas Republicans ..."

There is no facts supported rebuttal possible of anything in the details of this post preceding this sentence and this post is too brief for you
to run from via your usual worn out, "wall of spam" dodge. BTW, your hypocrisy is bottomless.

Last edited:
actually I believe the Democrat party is farther left than it has ever been, while the GOP platform is pretty much the same since Reagan.
Did you mean, "just as racist"?

The True Story of Chicago's “Welfare Queen”

https://www.chicagomag.com › city-life › may-2019 › t...
May 16, 2019 — "Ronald Reagan infamously caricatured Linda Taylor as a welfare bogeyman. ... about "a strapping young buck" buying steak with food stamps..."

There was no "GOP platform" in 2020. The 2012 G.O.P. nominee for POTUS, now Senator Mitt Romney, voted against Judge Jackson's most recent prior senate confirmation to an appellate court seat and voted yesterday to confirm President Biden's nomination of Judge Jackson to a SCOTUS seat. The democratic party has not moved "further left" since the 2012 election, the G.O.P. has radicalized and fragmented.

Appropriate, for a cult of personality,
"...WHEREAS, The RNC enthusiastically supports President Trump and continues to reject the policy positions of the Obama-Biden Administration, as well as those espoused by the Democratic National Committee today;
therefore, be it RESOLVED, That the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the President’s America-first agenda;

RESOVLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention;
RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention calls on the media to engage in accurate and unbiased reporting, especially as it relates to the strong support of the RNC for President Trump and his Administration;
and RESOLVED, That any motion to amend the 2016 Platform or to adopt a new platform, including any motion to suspend the procedures that will allow doing so, will be ruled out of order."

Hillsdale College and Bob Jones University have combined undergraduate enrollment of just 3,500 yet both were represented on this panel
of scholars ranking Trump's presidency as the lowest scoring in 150 years.
July 4, 2021
51858061177_cd264d8aab_c.jpg

Last edited:

Wow

Really?

Reagan Republicans like Cheney are being censored and ostracized while racist like Marjorie Taylor Greene lead the party.

Yours is another example of that right wing separate reality.

Interesting findings.

More Support Ketanji Brown Jackson’s Confirmation Than Any Of Trump’s Supreme Court Nominees, Poll Finds​

Approximately half of U.S. voters want Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to be confirmed to the Supreme Court, a new Morning Consult/Politico poll found, making Jackson more popular among voters than any of former President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominees were when they were confirmed.

I disagree and given he said he was limiting his pick to a black female-one has to see his actions as "just trying to fill racial/gender quotas"
As you already know, there is no race or gender quota for SCOTUS Justices.

Also as you already know, there is no prescribed criteria for SCOTUS nominees, making any choice of “best/most qualified” person a purely subjective one, and as far as I know (feel free to correct me if I’m wrong) politics has had a part every past SCOTUS nominee decision making process.

When a president pledges to nominate a person from a specific demographic, he isn’t potentially excluding “the best/most qualified” of all possible choices, because that is objectively impossible to prove.

Arguments against a nominee based on assertions of unfairness or discrimination are factually bogus, indicating ignorance of the Constitutionally prescribed process and/or personal bias.

Back
Top Bottom