• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:89: 591]Swedish Police Officer: 'Muslim Countries Provide Most Criminals in Sweden' [W:89]

Presumably Sweden, like the US, screens immigrants. But it also has been like the US, generous with respect to refugees, with a natural negative reaction from some quarters, as in the US.

But Middle Easterners are solely responsible for instability in the Middle East? Oh yeah, I forgot my history. The US and Europe have never been involved in the Middle East. Israel, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon — none of those countries or others have ever been invaded, created, occupied, borders drawn, armed, etc., by the UK, France, Russia, or the US. It’s all on the Middle Easterners themselves.
There you go with your liberal narrative that they are not capable of being responsible for their own decisions. Just because they are brown does not make them less than you, you white-liberal goof. Read up on your history, the Middle East has always been a firecracker with a readily available populace willing to wage war against one another. Now that they are being exported to Sweden, etc, they are bringing their radical ideas and slowly, but surely, they are decimating the local population that is actually NATIVE to those lands. If you can't recognize Swede as an ethnicity then you are saying, Sioux, Maya, Persian are no ethnicities either.

There you go with your liberal narrative that they are not capable of being responsible for their own decisions. Just because they are brown does not make them less than you, you white-liberal goof. Read up on your history, the Middle East has always been a firecracker with a readily available populace willing to wage war against one another. Now that they are being exported to Sweden, etc, they are bringing their radical ideas and slowly, but surely, they are decimating the local population that is actually NATIVE to those lands. If you can't recognize Swede as an ethnicity then you are saying, Sioux, Maya, Persian are no ethnicities either.
Immigrants from Arab countries bring Islam with them to our detriment (excepting the relatively small number of Arab Christians). Those from Iran are different in that they are nearly all escaping from Islamic tyranny.

Of course Swedes are an ethnicity as you say. And a culture. I am unable to claim either having been a loyal Swedish citizen for almost ten years. Many Arab Muslim immigrants make no secret of their hatred of Swedes and all things Swedish, even those who have acquired citizenship for personal advantage.

Off the top of my head, here are tidbits of history I had already read up on before your post.

Iran: US and Britain overthrow an elected government in the early 1950s. The corrupt Shah rules by torture. We pay a price in the late 1970s, the Iranians a bigger one. Then tho Iran does keep to the terms of a treaty agreed to by top US allies plus Russia and China, but since "Obamadidit," that cannot stand when Trump arrives.
Iraq: US invades under phony pretext of WMD, hoping, as the neocons posited, to remake the Middle East, failing at that but creating massive loss of life.
Israel: established as a state (which I support) by Europeans feeling guilty over the holocaust topping thousands of years of persecution of Jews. Now evolving into a state credibly called apartheid-like by top human rights organizations and by many Israelis due to its treatment of Palestinians.
WWI: the European victors betray their Arab allies -see "Lawrence of Arabia" - carve up the Ottoman Empire and artificially create new countries in the Middle East
Years later, Trump betrays our Kurdish allies, enraging his own party. No surprise, as Kurds were among those Trump was talking about when he suggested banning all members of the world's largest religion.
Lebanon: the US shells the country in the 1980s from the safety of battleships, then withdraws after the marines' barracks are bombed, leaving behind more chaos. Not a total loss, however, as in a perfect "wag the dog" move, Reagan immediately invades the really dangerous threat that was Grenada

Going way back, we have Spain, expelling Jews and Muslims and instituting the Spanish Inquisition to torture and execute those who converted to Christianity but were suspected of backsliding
Going back farther, the jolly Crusades, where Europeans practiced massacring Muslims by killing Jews en masse on their way to the Holy Land. Read about the seige of Jerusalem and the slaughter of all ages, both sexes. Best line I remember came from one of the massacres. "But commander, there are Christians here." The commander's response: "Kill them all. God will recognize His own."

Yes it's all their fault. Europe and the US had nothing to do with problems in the Middle East.

And get real. Sweden, as usual, is being its compassionate self. If Middle Easterners are "decimating" the local population, they are doing it at Sweden's invitation. Sweden had its empire, occupying other countries, but got over it more easily than other powers and has transformed itself into a worldwide advocate for freedom, human rights, and the environment.

Off the top of my head, here are tidbits of history I had already read up on before your post.

Iran: US and Britain overthrow an elected government in the early 1950s. The corrupt Shah rules by torture. We pay a price in the late 1970s, the Iranians a bigger one. Then tho Iran does keep to the terms of a treaty agreed to by top US allies plus Russia and China, but since "Obamadidit," that cannot stand when Trump arrives.
Iraq: US invades under phony pretext of WMD, hoping, as the neocons posited, to remake the Middle East, failing at that but creating massive loss of life.
Israel: established as a state (which I support) by Europeans feeling guilty over the holocaust topping thousands of years of persecution of Jews. Now evolving into a state credibly called apartheid-like by top human rights organizations and by many Israelis due to its treatment of Palestinians.
WWI: the European victors betray their Arab allies -see "Lawrence of Arabia" - carve up the Ottoman Empire and artificially create new countries in the Middle East
Years later, Trump betrays our Kurdish allies, enraging his own party. No surprise, as Kurds were among those Trump was talking about when he suggested banning all members of the world's largest religion.
Lebanon: the US shells the country in the 1980s from the safety of battleships, then withdraws after the marines' barracks are bombed, leaving behind more chaos. Not a total loss, however, as in a perfect "wag the dog" move, Reagan immediately invades the really dangerous threat that was Grenada

Going way back, we have Spain, expelling Jews and Muslims and instituting the Spanish Inquisition to torture and execute those who converted to Christianity but were suspected of backsliding
Going back farther, the jolly Crusades, where Europeans practiced massacring Muslims by killing Jews en masse on their way to the Holy Land. Read about the seige of Jerusalem and the slaughter of all ages, both sexes. Best line I remember came from one of the massacres. "But commander, there are Christians here." The commander's response: "Kill them all. God will recognize His own."

Yes it's all their fault. Europe and the US had nothing to do with problems in the Middle East.

And get real. Sweden, as usual, is being its compassionate self. If Middle Easterners are "decimating" the local population, they are doing it at Sweden's invitation. Sweden had its empire, occupying other countries, but got over it more easily than other powers and has transformed itself into a worldwide advocate for freedom, human rights, and the environment.

Thank you for the kind, though misguided, words about Sweden. Good to know that having supported the twin 20th century evils of Naziism and Communism the 'we are the world's conscience' trick still sometimes works.

Thank you for the kind, though misguided, words about Sweden. Good to know that having supported the twin 20th century evils of Naziism and Communism the 'we are the world's conscience' trick still sometimes works.
Didn't know that Sweden was part of the Axis or the Warsaw Pact.

Didn't know that Sweden was part of the Axis or the Warsaw Pact.
Irrelevant. A state - like a person - can be a supporter without being a member.

Irrelevant. A state - like a person - can be a supporter without being a member.
The problem with liberals, and Americans, in general is they believe their emotional response is always right. You can't reason with someone who has agreed to be irrational and that goes for conservatives too.

Sweden was decent back when I was there in 2006, but I am afraid that much has changed since and not for the better. As studies, with less bias, have shown Sweden is suffering a drought of decency and a bleaker future.

The problem with liberals, and Americans, in general is they believe their emotional response is always right. You can't reason with someone who has agreed to be irrational and that goes for conservatives too.

Sweden was decent back when I was there in 2006, but I am afraid that much has changed since and not for the better. As studies, with less bias, have shown Sweden is suffering a drought of decency and a bleaker future.
I first visited Sweden in 1957. I married my Swedish wife in 1966, visited Sweden almost every year. Lived here half the year since 1996 - and so on. So I have quite a long personal perspective on what has changed; and I have read deep into Swedish history The major engine of decline has been mass Muslim immigration. The expectation that these 'new Swedes' would become 'real Swedes' within a generation has shown itself to be naive stupidity. The 'progressive' left have damaged the country, probably beyond recovery.

I first visited Sweden in 1957. I married my Swedish wife in 1966, visited Sweden almost every year. Lived here half the year since 1996 - and so on. So I have quite a long personal perspective on what has changed; and I have read deep into Swedish history The major engine of decline has been mass Muslim immigration. The expectation that these 'new Swedes' would become 'real Swedes' within a generation has shown itself to be naive stupidity. The 'progressive' left have damaged the country, probably beyond recovery.
Part of the problem lies that men compliment women and all women want to do is "have fun". So, that mindset seeped into men's and it has turned Sweden into a very bad place. The future of Sweden is one of it being a failed state. It's getting there and within the next 30 years. It is safe to say that Sweden will be a very different nation. Think Mexico-wise. Where the rich will live in gated communities and be mostly 'white' and then everyone else will be very brown to brown and poor. This isn't a noble-thing nor worthy thing. I get wanting to help others, but allowing for genocide to happen domestically because you're upset is not a good solution. Sweden for the Swedes. That's not racist and in a way, it will become progressive due to societies being cyclical.

The "there goes the neighborhood" attitude kicks in whenever a new group arrives anywhere, whether it's Tucker Carlson complaining about Latinos last year, the KKK complaining about Catholics and Jews last century, Native Americans grumbling about wagon trains two centuries ago, or Canaanites complaining about Hebrews 2,000 years ago. Things will get better.

The "there goes the neighborhood" attitude kicks in whenever a new group arrives anywhere, whether it's Tucker Carlson complaining about Latinos last year, the KKK complaining about Catholics and Jews last century, Native Americans grumbling about wagon trains two centuries ago, or Canaanites complaining about Hebrews 2,000 years ago. Things will get better.
Over the last thirty years or so things have not got better in Sweden but steadily worse. I have two nephews-by-marriage who are paramedics and they describe in detail areas into which they would not drive an ambulance without police protection. A friend in the police tells me of areas where they are strongly discouraged to enter; if going into one is unavoidable there must be at least two cars.

Over the last thirty years or so things have not got better in Sweden but steadily worse. I have two nephews-by-marriage who are paramedics and they describe in detail areas into which they would not drive an ambulance without police protection. A friend in the police tells me of areas where they are strongly discouraged to enter; if going into one is unavoidable there must be at least two cars.
As Bogart said to the Nazi's in Casablanca, something like, "there are some parts of New York I would advise you not to enter." Nothing new. There were Italian neighborhoods in Brooklyn I was hesitant to enter in the 1950s-60s -- and I am Italian. Nowadays the Italian neighborhood I grew up in is safer -- and glory be, I saw signs in Arabic there just a few weeks ago when I visited. The more things change...

What about these Muslims in Sweden make them more dangerous than Muslims in Brooklyn?

As Bogart said to the Nazi's in Casablanca, something like, "there are some parts of New York I would advise you not to enter." Nothing new. There were Italian neighborhoods in Brooklyn I was hesitant to enter in the 1950s-60s -- and I am Italian. Nowadays the Italian neighborhood I grew up in is safer -- and glory be, I saw signs in Arabic there just a few weeks ago when I visited. The more things change...

What about these Muslims in Sweden make them more dangerous than Muslims in Brooklyn?
Firstly numbers. Secondly the well placed fear of police and other services of being accused of 'Islamophobia'. Such an accusation, even if false, can be career destroying.

In the UK around 30 to 40 Labour held parliamentary seats are only theirs because of the Muslim vote. Not so much a problem here because under PR we don't have constituencies.

Firstly numbers. Secondly the well placed fear of police and other services of being accused of 'Islamophobia'. Such an accusation, even if false, can be career destroying.

In the UK around 30 to 40 Labour held parliamentary seats are only theirs because of the Muslim vote. Not so much a problem here because under PR we don't have constituencies.
Sorry, what’s PR?

Sorry, what’s PR?
Proportional representation. A voting system in which parties get seats on the basis of their share of the overall vote. there are several varieties. Look it up if you are interested.

Proportional representation. A voting system in which parties get seats on the basis of their share of the overall vote. there are several varieties. Look it up if you are interested.
I get the concept. Didn’t get the abbreviation.

I think part of problem is also a kind of favoritism in different countries - in Sweden or Finland the social democrats have historically favored arab and African countries somewhat, because during the cold war theose were usually allies of the SU (while social democracy is of course a totally different ideology than soviet communism, there was a kind of sympathy between "the left", all different types). Add to that that a big percentage of the immigrants from those countries vote some leftist party - I think more than of the Swedish or Finnish people generally - there is a big incentive to favor them. In different countries different groups may be favored - in US arab immigrants surely are not favored. Anyway, imo the main problem is that in Sweden and Finland too the result is that the race questions are all too often seen very crudely, even to the point of denying the existence of black/colored racism - that since "blacks" are in the end similar than "whites", they are in also in no way morally superior to "whites" and therefor every bit as capable of racist attitudes towards other ethnic groups. The result is that for example antisemitism (if it comes from immigrants) may be easily overlooked. Or, when yesidis become killed or enslaved by thoroughly racist islamists from Sweden or Finland it is something that would be nice to just forget and ignore. That is imo something worth noticing because racism of that magnitude (actually approving of enslaving people because of their different ethnicity) was thought practically non-existent in modern countries. Or, another sometimes overlooked or "smooth talked'" matter - killing of in their mind improperly behaving daughters by muslim relatives (=mixing of races is to be prevented at any costs, while it is of course ok for "our" males to have a bit of fun with that other group's females). Very similar racism than existed in the West during colonialism or black slavery era.
What I am saying is that racism comes in many forms and since all races are equal, all races are capable of that vice. One group's racism ought to never be overlooked "because others do it too", but all should be worked against. And I do not deny that a big problem behind the things is also a tendency to treat immigrants as kind of "object people" instead of moral subject responsible of their actions. That kind of racism is on one part unfair against whites because it gives others special privileges it never gives whites; on the other hand it is unfair against blacks because it treats them like "favored pets" instead of moral subjects; and also because that attitude, if generally shared, effectively prevents them from getting top political or economical positions ( I mean the very top), because, in short, who in his/her right mind would select the head of the state (prime minister or president) from a group that is generally thought to be needing special protection and not really themselves responsible if their commit a crime?
In US in my experience, from reading a lot of discussions, the things are very different. This type of racism of treating whites as moral subjects and blacks as moral objects is lots less rare there (not non-existent of course but lots less rare) - otherwise a black president (Obama) would not have been possible. If I would try to form a stereotype of Swedish racism it would be like a person explaining away immigrant huligans rioting and attacking police by not really treating them as people responsible of their own actions (you know, in the same way if a neighbor's pet cat or dog eats one's pet bunny, it is not really the pet but its owner a sensible person is angry with, because, quite logically, one can not really fault a creature of nature not morally responsible of its actions doing as its nature dictates). In US my stereotype of a typical racist would be a poor white who is granted a wish regarding government policy. What would he choose? Bigger minimum wages? Better worker protection laws? He has lots of things he really would need. He ponders a long time. Then suddenly his face brightens and he answers: I would want all the government aid taken away from that poor jobless, homeless black in my neighbor. That's the one thing I really want!
So in essence... imo the main problem regarding race issues in US lies in unequal opportunities between the poor and the rich, which is too often foolishly misdirected into a racial issue instead of seeing both working class whites and working class blacks as needing better opportunities in life (meaning for example better minimum wages or more resources to schools in poor areas) . In Scandinavian countries the welfare state relatively well prevents those problems; the trouble in immigration politics often strive from naivity in neglecting certain types of racism and not treating immigrants as fully moral subjects responsible of themselves.

DAN LYMAN JULY 13, 2022

The suspect in a brutal rape and attempted murder of a child at a playground in Sweden last week is a migrant from Africa who received a permanent residence permit just days prior to the attack, according to reports.

The horrifying incident unfolded during the afternoon of July 7 in Skellefteå, a city on the northeast coast of the Scandinavian country.

Police and medical services were summoned to a wooded area at the Morö Backe school at around 5:30 p.m. after a couple found a 9-year-old who had been the victim of an "assassination attempt," Fria Tider reports.

"We tried to bring her to life," Thomas Lindqvist told SVT.

Authorities quickly identified a possible suspect, indicating teenage boy may have been the perpetrator.

Initially, it was believed the suspect was a 13-year-old male who arrived in Sweden from Ethiopia with his sister and parents in 2017.
Click link above for full article.
Open immigration brings this type of problems. According to the article the suspect, a migrant from Africa, that supposedly is 13 year old, is older than that. Authorities shall find out his real age, in order that he can be punish for the committed crime.

August 12, 2022

OREBRO, Aug 12 (Reuters) - In the span of eight days in May, three young men were shot dead in a small neighborhood of the town of Orebro, part of a wave of gang violence spreading from big cities to small-town Sweden that is topping voters' concerns ahead of elections next month.

The killings took place in Varberga, a collection of low-rise brick houses about two miles (3 km) from Orebro's picturesque city centre in central Sweden. The neighborhood is home to about 3,300 people, many of them of Christian Syrian origin.

It is one of 61 areas in Sweden, all with a high proportion of immigrants, listed by police as risk areas for rising gang violence. The government says gang crime, fuelled by the drug trade, is linked to poor integration of Sweden's large immigrant community.

"I have lived all over Orebro and I used to love this neighborhood, but now I think I may have to get out of here," said Asa Ahlgren, 65, a retired social worker.
According to a recent poll the Sweden Democrats are in second place, becoming the second larger party in Sweden. Most voters favor the Sweden Democrats' tough line on immigration and the best policy for law and order. Migration is a key issue in the coming election in September. Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson of the Social Democrats jump on the back wagon, and now stand for a restrictive migration policy, similar to the Sweden Democrats anti-immigration platform. The centre-right coalition consisting of the Sweden Democrats, Moderates, the Christian Democrats and the Liberals have a very good chance to win the upcoming election.

According to a recent poll the Sweden Democrats are in second place, becoming the second larger party in Sweden. Most voters favor the Sweden Democrats' tough line on immigration and the best policy for law and order. Migration is a key issue in the coming election in September. Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson of the Social Democrats jump on the back wagon, and now stand for a restrictive migration policy, similar to the Sweden Democrats anti-immigration platform. The centre-right coalition consisting of the Sweden Democrats, Moderates, the Christian Democrats and the Liberals have a very good chance to win the upcoming election.
Why do center left parties think moving to the right and emulating far-right parties will do anything but normalize them? It didnt work in France, its certainly not gonna work here either.

September 13, 2022

1663134934889.png
Moderate party leader Ulf Kristersson delivers a speach at the Moderate party election watch at the Clarion Sign Hotel, in Stockholm, Sweden, September 11, 2022.TT News Agency/Fredrik Sandberg via REUTERS

Moderate party leader Ulf Kristersson delivers a speach at the Moderate party election watch at the Clarion Sign Hotel, in Stockholm, Sweden, September 11, 2022.TT News Agency/Fredrik Sandberg via REUTERS

STOCKHOLM, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Moderate leader Ulf Kristersson's big bet that a deal with the anti-immigration Sweden Democrats would make him prime minister looks likely to pay off, but squabbling allies, policy divisions and a cost-of-living crisis could make his tenure turbulent.

Kristersson's Moderates, the Sweden Democrats, the Christian Democrats and the Liberals hold a wafer-thin lead for the right after Sunday's election, although some votes have yet to be counted. That means the result could yet swing in favour of current Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson, whose Social Democrats are set to remain the largest party in parliament.

A preliminary result is expected later this week, but should the right win, as looks likely, it will be a watershed moment.

Kristersson would become prime minister, but the Sweden Democrats, with roots in the white supremacist fringe, will overtake his Moderates as the biggest right-wing party, making forming a government and framing policy a challenge.
Seems that the center-right blog has won the most seats in the parliament, due to the strong showing of the Sweden Democrats that won 21% of the vote, surpassing the Moderates than won 19%. Looks like Moderate leader Kristersson, with the support of Akesson, leader of the Sweden Democrats, will be the Prime Minister of the new government. It is about time for a change in the government.

A political earthquake in Sweden
Paul Joseph Watson | September 15, 2022

Wash on YouTube

(106) A political earthquake in Sweden. - YouTube
Paul starts his comment with “Remember when they laughed at Trump for that last night in Sweden.” Well, they are not laughing now. The Sweden Democrats slogan “Made Sweden great again’, hit a cord with the Swedes. It became the country's second-largest party in parliament. The center-right blog won 176 seats in the parliament, again 173 by the center left, a narrow majority, but enough to formed a new government. Best wishes to the people of Sweden. Hopefully the people of other European countries would fallows their lead.

Paul starts his comment with “Remember when they laughed at Trump for that last night in Sweden.” Well, they are not laughing now. The Sweden Democrats slogan “Made Sweden great again’, hit a cord with the Swedes. It became the country's second-largest party in parliament. The center-right blog won 176 seats in the parliament, again 173 by the center left, a narrow majority, but enough to formed a new government. Best wishes to the people of Sweden. Hopefully the people of other European countries would fallows their lead.
Thank you for your good wishes for Sweden. The pre-election Social Democrat government remains in office here. It will be weeks, or even months, before we are told who our new rulers are to be. Meanwhile the top leadership in each party are wheeling and dealing behind closed doors, none more frantically than the socialists. who are seeking an arrangement allowing them to be part of some coalition.

We Swedes will not be consulted. We can only volte for a party, not a government.

Thank you for your good wishes for Sweden. The pre-election Social Democrat government remains in office here. It will be weeks, or even months, before we are told who our new rulers are to be. Meanwhile the top leadership in each party are wheeling and dealing behind closed doors, none more frantically than the socialists. who are seeking an arrangement allowing them to be part of some coalition.

We Swedes will not be consulted. We can only volte for a party, not a government.
Thanks for the information. Very interested how Sweden parliamentary democracy system work.

Swedish Moderates make coalition deal, anti-immigration party to back new govt | Reuters

By Anna Ringstrom 3 minute readOctober 14, 20224:06 AM PDTLast Updated 2 days ago

Swedish Moderates make coalition deal, anti-immigration party to back new govt

By Ana Ringstrom and Simon Johnson
October 14, 2022

Sweden's Moderate Party leader Ulf Kristersson holds a news conference after meeting with the Speaker of the Parliament Andreas Norlen at today's Speaker's round, to appoint a prime minister who will be tasked to form a new government, in Stockholm, Sweden September 19, 2022. TT News Agency/Tima Aro via REUTERS
  • Summary
  • Right-wing bloc won 176 seats in election vs 173 for centre-left
  • Three-party government to be backed by Sweden Democrats
  • Policies include new nuclear plants, tougher immigration stance
  • PM candidate Kristersson to face confirmation vote Monday
STOCKHOLM, Oct 14 (Reuters) - The leader of Sweden's Moderates, Ulf Kristersson, said on Friday he aimed to form a three-party minority government with support from the anti-immigration Sweden Democrats after the right-wing bloc won a majority in last month's election.
The new government will not only make it harder for new immigrants to get benefits, but also: “We will carry out a thorough review of the entire penal code, with tougher penalties for violent and sexual crimes,” Kristersson said. Looks that the Swedish Social Democratic Party restrictive immigration policy and tough measures against criminals will be implemented.

Back
Top Bottom