• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W"#88]Lauren Boebert votes against bill for veterans dying from burn pits after ‘disrespectful’ SOTU heckling

...he said...
I said this:

Why do you guys have to pull this crap in every damn thread? Boebert voted against the bill, and heckled Biden while he's speaking about it. Pelosi MIGHT have been too enthusiastic about getting this thing through Congress and funding programs to help disabled vets. I guess in MAGA land, those are equivalent. It's stupid, but apparently that's your position.

If you want to address the post, you can. At least quote it in context. Do you really think opposing a bill supporting veterans made sick from their overseas deployments, voting against it, and then heckling POTUS in the SOTU while he's addressing this subject is equivalent to being perhaps too enthusiastic in supporting this effort, which is what Pelosi did? They're nothing alike, and the BUTWHATBOUT is idiotic.

Which makes it all the more odd that she'd act the way she did. Kamala was no doubt thinking "WTF is this woman doing???"

View attachment 67378580
You can read minds? I'm glad she was happy about a bill to support veterans.

Are you happy about that?

Or do you agree with bobert that they dont need this healthcare?

...for not mentioning the 13 service members killed in his botched pullout.

WTF is this????

She voted for our veterans. Boebert did not.

Rep Lauren Boebert voted against a bill to support US veterans sick and dying from toxic exposure to burn pits - just days after she heckled President Joe Biden as he spoke about the topic in his State of the Union address.

The Republican congresswoman cast her vote on Thursday morning against passing the Honoring Our PACT Act, saying no to providing around 3.5 million veterans with access to healthcare and disability benefits after they served their country overseas.

This comes less than 48 hours after she sparked outrage among veterans, advocates and Democrat lawmakers for heckling President Joe Biden as he spoke about veterans suffering from exposure to burn pits in the SOTU on Tuesday night.

Wow. What a piece of shit.
Please do yourself a favor and find the ACTUAL BILL read what is says , then find out what reason she gave for not supporting it!
Just because Litards write bad bill and give them proAmerican sounding names, does not mean they should be passed without looking in to them!

And that's just her doing the same bullcrap "BUTWHABOUT???!!!! exercise you're doing on this thread.

Is this as good as it gets for right wing arguments?
Biden and his woke generals ran away from Afghanistan and Putin and Xi took notes.

Oh, WAIT! Putin didn't have to take notes. Biden was naive enough os think Xi would "keep the 'secret'" between just them.

Xi is next to act up. WW111 is on the horizon.

Thank you Joe Biden.

Please do yourself a favor and find the ACTUAL BILL read what is says , then find out what reason she gave for not supporting it!
Just because Litards write bad bill and give them proAmerican sounding names, does not mean they should be passed without looking in to them!
What is the reason?

I said this:

Why do you guys have to pull this crap in every damn thread? Boebert voted against the bill, and heckled Biden while he's speaking about it. Pelosi MIGHT have been too enthusiastic about getting this thing through Congress and funding programs to help disabled vets. I guess in MAGA land, those are equivalent. It's stupid, but apparently that's your position.

If you want to address the post, you can. At least quote it in context. Do you really think opposing a bill supporting veterans made sick from their overseas deployments, voting against it, and then heckling POTUS in the SOTU while he's addressing this subject is equivalent to being perhaps too enthusiastic in supporting this effort, which is what Pelosi did? They're nothing alike, and the BUTWHATBOUT is idiotic.
I did address the post:

But I get it. You didn't want her to call him out for not addressing the deaths of service members and civilians including the children he drone striked.

i still wanna know why she's not SCREAMING at Oil Company CEOs to "Drill Baby Drill".

Lawmakers show solidarity with Ukraine by wearing blue and yellow at the  State of the Union | Daily Mail Online

Now you're making stuff up. It was introduced less than a year ago with bipartisan support and they knew it would pass.
Right, right, and it's an issue that just now emerged, not one that veterans have been fighting for over many years. Good point, if you are ignorant of all the actual difficulties faced in getting it done.
I don't think that's any reason to cheer. Did you watch the SOTU speech? Did you grin and start jumping up and down in excitement when Biden spoke about cancer and burn pits?
Well, it's certainly not a good reason to heckle the POTUS during the SOTU. But if you didn't have BUTWHATABOUT you'd have nothing to say, which is sad and actually kind of pathetic. I'd imagine a lot of veterans suffering with serious illness are actually pretty happy that their cases will be fast tracked and maybe they'll get life saving treatment.

Jasper doesn't want the deaths of service members and civilians to get in the way of his virtue signaling over the importance of the lives of service members and civilians.
Yeah, well, lots of service members died in the ME in recent years. Bush drug us into those wars - should Biden cite those numbers from the beginning as a BUTWHATABOUT? Trump, the ****ing incompetent, ran on ending those wars and left the actual job of withdrawing to someone else. When Biden did the job Trump was too lazy or too stupid and incompetent to get done, you are blaming Biden.

It's typical. All you guys have is throwing rocks at what GOP presidents cannot get done on their own, and who leave it to adults to accomplish. Biden and the Democrats get a bill through Congress that the GOP and Trump didn't get around to giving a shit about during his four years and they get no credit, but you're defending Boebert for heckling Biden while discussing this thing done under his watch but that should have happened with Trump. NICE JOB!

Yeah.... no.

This is atleast the 4th time you've posted a pic or video of pelosi in this 3 page thread where the topic is:

Lauren Boebert votes against bill for veterans dying from burn pits after ‘disrespectful’ SOTU heckling​

Read it for yourself:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3967/text

H. R. 3967 - An Act improve health care and benefits for veterans exposed to toxic substances, and for other purposes.

Title I - Expansion of Healthcare Eligibility
Title II - Toxic Exposure Presumption Process
Title III - Improving the Establishment of Service Connection Process for Toxic-Exposed Veterans
Title IV - Presumptions of Service Connection
Title V - Research Matters
Title VI - Improvement of Resources & Training Regarding Toxic-Exposed Veterans
Title VII - Registries, Records, and Other Matters

It passed 256-174, with 34 Republicans voting "Yea". How would you have voted?
Why not just ask her why she objects to the bill?

Yeah.... no.

Grow up... I'm trying to have an adult conversation about the actual substance of important legislation - legislation that veterans and their families have been fighting for decades to get where it is now....

And all you can focus on is peoples' facial reactions. Why are you even here? Isn't there some TMZ Hollywood gossip place you can go to give your opinion?

Jasper doesn't want the deaths of service members and civilians to get in the way of his virtue signaling over the importance of the lives of service members and civilians.
BUTWHATABOUT????!!!!

Gosh, the idiocy you're displaying on this thread is painful. Do you really only have that ONE trick? Can't you branch out a little - maybe talk about the costs of the bill or something not so transparently hackish?

Back
Top Bottom