• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W"#88]Lauren Boebert votes against bill for veterans dying from burn pits after ‘disrespectful’ SOTU heckling

Maybe she just hates veterans
seemingly so..... it is a fair thing to conclude based on her vote in the absence of a reasonable counter-narrative. For now, we can assume Lauren Boebert hates vets.

I think there is a very good chance that she is a one and done congressmen. I have not seen the re-districted western Colorado district, but the west does have some strong blue pockets of several ski towns within. There is also a restricting plan that would incorporate Boulder into her district. If so, she is toast.

Last edited:
No Bobert
I was talking about Pelosi. Biden probably should have mentioned the 13 service members killed, as well as the children he killed with the drone strike. Don't you agree?

Were you exposed to a burn pit while serving in Grenada? Call Bloomberg, Goldberg & Weinberg and we'll get you a 100% disability rating!

I was talking about Pelosi. Biden probably should have mentioned the 13 service members killed, as well as the children he killed with the drone strike. Don't you agree?

He did mention those killed.

She yelled out at the sotu address

Should members of congress do that?

Which makes it all the more odd that she would stand up and smile and rub her hands together in glee. I don't get it.

Because she knew what a long, hard struggle it was to get this Bill to the floor.

The Republicans have been trying to gut it every step of the way. I'll give you an example.... Rep. Miller-Meeks (R-IA) proposed an Amendment which would have cut healthcare eligibility for veterans from 10 years after service separation to 5 years. It was narrowly defeated 203-223. Republicans supported it 203-4.

I'm no oncologist, but I don't think all that many cancers manifest themselves within 5 years, unless you're ingesting a ludicrous amount of carcinogens. 10 years seems a lot more realistic to me.... hell, if I had my druthers, I'd bring it out to 20 years!

How about you?

If we're going to call out one member of congress for being "disrespectful" we should call out all of them. Pelosi's giddy and gleeful response to burn pits was incredibly odd behavior.

Nah. That's just your bias

There's certainly a precedent.
Yes a previous Republican congressman did it

What is wrong with these people?

Should every congressman do this?

If we're going to call out one member of congress for being "disrespectful" we should call out all of them. Pelosi's giddy and gleeful response to burn pits was incredibly odd behavior.
She must be 95 now and needs to go to the same retirement home with Pedo Joe, who taught his son well. Maybe there'll be some grandkids there.

She must be 95 now and needs to go to the same retirement home with Pedo Joe, who taught his son well. Maybe there'll be some grandkids there.
Well she's not

Because she knew what a long, hard struggle it was to get this Bill to the floor.
Now you're making stuff up. It was introduced less than a year ago with bipartisan support and they knew it would pass.

The Republicans have been trying to gut it every step of the way. I'll give you an example.... Rep. Miller-Meeks (R-IA) proposed an Amendment which would have cut healthcare eligibility for veterans from 10 years after service separation to 5 years. It was narrowly defeated 203-223. Republicans supported it 203-4.

I'm no oncologist, but I don't think all that many cancers manifest themselves within 5 years, unless you're ingesting a ludicrous amount of carcinogens. 10 years seems a lot more realistic to me.... hell, if I had my druthers, I'd bring it out to 20 years!

How about you?
I don't think that's any reason to cheer. Did you watch the SOTU speech? Did you grin and start jumping up and down in excitement when Biden spoke about cancer and burn pits?

BUTWHABOUT!!!?????

Why do you guys have to pull this crap in every damn thread? Boebert voted against the bill, and heckled Biden while he's speaking about it. Pelosi MIGHT have been too enthusiastic about getting this thing through Congress and funding programs to help disabled vets. I guess in MAGA land, those are equivalent. It's stupid, but apparently that's your position.

Hopefully she announces her retirement this November. It's past time.

...for not mentioning the 13 service members killed in his botched pullout.
And that's just her doing the same bullcrap "BUTWHABOUT???!!!! exercise you're doing on this thread.

Is this as good as it gets for right wing arguments?

BUTWHABOUT!!!?????

Why do you guys have to pull this crap in every damn thread?
...he said before going on to talk about "MAGA." 😂

Now you're making stuff up. It was introduced less than a year ago with bipartisan support and they knew it would pass.

I don't think that's any reason to cheer. Did you watch the SOTU speech? Did you grin and start jumping up and down in excitement when Biden spoke about cancer and burn pits?
When he spoke about what he would do about it which she knew was coming

Why did bobert vote against it and yell out at the sotu?

And that's just her doing the same bullcrap "BUTWHABOUT???!!!! exercise you're doing on this thread.

Is this as good as it gets for right wing arguments?
Jasper doesn't want the deaths of service members and civilians to get in the way of his virtue signaling over the importance of the lives of service members and civilians.

Jasper doesn't want the deaths of service members and civilians to get in the way of his pretending to care about the lives of service members and civilians.
Do you want the survivors to get healthcare?

Bobert does not

You literally have no idea. Even if you take the Vietnam/Agent Orange struggle aside, veterans have been fighting for legislation like this since the Gulf War syndrome started showing up in the early 90's.

My reaction? I seem to recall it being along the lines of punching the air and shouting "Yes!".... so the Speaker seems kind of restrained to me.

When he spoke about what he would do about it which she knew was coming
Which makes it all the more odd that she'd act the way she did. Kamala was no doubt thinking "WTF is this woman doing???"

pelosi-meme-382.jpg

Back
Top Bottom