• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:88]ABC News puts their bias on display in interview with Ivanka

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ABC News reporter Deborah Roberts interviewed Ivanka Trump and it was a textbook display of an agenda driven interview.

Roberts brought up the subject of Ivanka's emails (which you can see for yourself here) and asked her about using her private email for White House business and how that was similar to what Hillary Clinton did. That was a completely legitimate question for Roberts to ask and Ivanka proceeded to explain what she did, how it met with WH protocols and listed several reasons why it was nothing like what Hillary Clinton had done. And just to be clear, there is no comparison between the two. What Ivanka did was perfectly in line with WH protocols, was above board and known by everyone, everything was archived on government servers, no classified information was involved, and no emails were deleted... as Ivanka pointed out to Roberts.

Then at the 1:42 mark in the clip, as if Roberts was on another planet an didn't hear a word Ivanka said, displayed her political agenda by attempting to defend Hillary Clinton and portray Donald Trump as a hypocrite, by basically repeating the same question she just asked Ivanka and Ivanka had answered. This time though, Roberts pushed the hypocrite angle even harder:

"but your father hammered Hillary Clinton on this. Said that it was criminal, she should be locked up. How was it wrong for her but not for you?"

I couldn't believe my ears... It reminded me of that ridiculous interview of Jordan Peterson done by Cathy Newman of the BBC.

Re: ABC News puts their bias on display in interview with Ivanka

ABC News reporter Deborah Roberts interviewed Ivanka Trump and it was a textbook display of an agenda driven interview.

Roberts brought up the subject of Ivanka's emails (which you can see for yourself here) and asked her about using her private email for White House business and how that was similar to what Hillary Clinton did. That was a completely legitimate question for Roberts to ask and Ivanka proceeded to explain what she did, how it met with WH protocols and listed several reasons why it was nothing like what Hillary Clinton had done. And just to be clear, there is no comparison between the two. What Ivanka did was perfectly in line with WH protocols, was above board and known by everyone, everything was archived on government servers, no classified information was involved, and no emails were deleted... as Ivanka pointed out to Roberts.

Then at the 1:42 mark in the clip, as if Roberts was on another planet an didn't hear a word Ivanka said, displayed her political agenda by attempting to defend Hillary Clinton and portray Donald Trump as a hypocrite, by basically repeating the same question she just asked Ivanka and Ivanka had answered. This time though, Roberts pushed the hypocrite angle even harder:

"but your father hammered Hillary Clinton on this. Said that it was criminal, she should be locked up. How was it wrong for her but not for you?"

I couldn't believe my ears... It reminded me of that ridiculous interview of Jordan Peterson done by Cathy Newman of the BBC.

It's not biased for interviewers to ask questions twice.

If an interviewer didn't get the answer the first time they asked, then you are correct, but that wasn't the case here. Ivanka answered her question and Roberts followed by asking the same damned question again. That combined with the way in which the question was phrased, made Roberts bias not only obvious, but literally undeniable... unless of course you believe Roberts to be that completely incompetent at her job and that incompetence has gone completely unnoticed by producers and executive at ABC....

If an interviewer didn't get the answer the first time they asked, then you are correct, but that wasn't the case here. Ivanka answered her question and Roberts followed by asking the same damned question again. That combined with the way in which the question was phrased, made Roberts bias not only obvious, but literally undeniable... unless of course you believe Roberts to be that completely incompetent at her job and that incompetence has gone completely unnoticed by producers and executive at ABC....

Nope you can ask the question anyway you want it, and if you don't like the answer you get you can ask it a different way. No wrongdoing by ABC here. Very much wrongdoing by Ivanka all her life.

Nope you can ask the question anyway you want it, and if you don't like the answer you get you can ask it a different way. No wrongdoing by ABC here. Very much wrongdoing by Ivanka all her life.

Bingo... That's the point.

That interviewer didn't like her answer, even though everything she said was absolutely true. Roberts was trying to portray what Ivanka did to be the same as what Hillary did, and when the truth didn't accomplish that, she took another shot at it by asking the exact same question, but this time in an even more one sided way, with more teeth to it.

Ivanka completely answered the question and did so accurately the first time.... There was no logical reason to ask it again unless as you pointed out, Roberts didn't get the answer she had hoped for... aka, she didn't get an answer that conformed correctly to her agenda.

Robin Roberts was a sports announcer who works on a morning entertainment show.

Bingo... That's the point.

That interviewer didn't like her answer, even though everything she said was absolutely true. Roberts was trying to portray what Ivanka did to be the same as what Hillary did, and when the truth didn't accomplish that, she took another shot at it by asking the exact same question, but this time in an even more one sided way, with more teeth to it.

Ivanka completely answered the question and did so accurately the first time.... There was no logical reason to ask it again unless as you pointed out, Roberts didn't get the answer she had hoped for... aka, she didn't get an answer that conformed correctly to her agenda.

Or maybe the reporter knew she was lying and then proceeded to get a different answer out of her, which she ended up doing.

Donald Trump was a reality TV Show host and now is President. What's your point?

Well to be fair, journalists have to ask trumpsters the same question several times because they never give a straight answer. Or they just don't understand the question cos they are so stupid.

Donald Trump was a reality TV Show host and now is President. What's your point?

And Ronald Reagan was an actor before becoming President. And Dwayne Johnson was a wrestler and is now a movie star ...and possible future president. And ..... blah blah blah. Just more silly remarks from trumpsters.

Does that mean you believe her to not be competent as an interviewer, and that accounts for her biased questioning of Ivanka?

Or maybe the reporter knew she was lying and then proceeded to get a different answer out of her, which she ended up doing.

But there is absolutely no evidence that anything Ivanka said wasn't true. In fact quite the contrary... Her comparison of what she did to what Hillary did, was completely accurate as far as I can see.

Well to be fair, journalists have to ask trumpsters the same question several times because they never give a straight answer. Or they just don't understand the question cos they are so stupid.

So what did Ivanka say that wasn't a "straight answer"?

This isn't Ted Koppel's ABC anymore. Too bad.

Looks like all the major networks are following CNN down the drain.

So what did Ivanka say that wasn't a "straight answer"?

Any answer that doesn't toe the liberal / progressive line? Perhaps?

Any answer that doesn't toe the liberal / progressive line? Perhaps?

That's certainly how it appears.

What I'd like to know is, what answer or response from Ivanka was Roberts expecting, or wanting to get. As far as I can tell, Ivanka's answers were accurate and truthful, and I can't imagine why Roberts thought asking the question again was going to yield anything different.

In other words you found Ivanka's answer to your liking, are oblivious to any wrong doing on her part, and think anyone who questions the Senior White House Advisor/Daughter is biased. Okay...:roll:

In other words you found Ivanka's answer to your liking, are oblivious to any wrong doing on her part, and think anyone who questions the Senior White House Advisor/Daughter is biased. Okay...:roll:

Tell me then... What did she say to Roberts that wasn't accurate or truthful?

In fact, I don't recall Roberts objecting to anything specific that Ivanka said, but obviously you did, so what exactly did Ivanka say that you felt was objectionable?

Comparing using a non-government email server to standing up a private email server is apples and oranges.
Comparing the sending and storing classified information on a private server to using a non-government email server is also apples and oranges.

Comparing what Hillary did with her emails and what Ivanka did with her emails is apples and oranges in the extreme.

But there is absolutely no evidence that anything Ivanka said wasn't true. In fact quite the contrary... Her comparison of what she did to what Hillary did, was completely accurate as far as I can see.

Mueller is currently looking at her role in the Russia Trump Tower Deal which her and her brother both said they were in no way involved in. She even lied in that same interview on GMA when she said her father didn't give the lethal force order. ABC had to show Ivanka where Trump said that he gave the order. These are just the two most recent examples of Ivanka lying her ass off.

I hate Ivanka, she's an entitled spoiled princess that feels she could say or do anything she wants because that's how she was raised. The arrogance of these Trumps is almost beyond comprehension but that's what happens when kids are raised by a kingpin mob boss. People on social media scourged her about her weird voice in that interview. And, what's up with that anyway?

Comparing using a non-government email server to standing up a private email server is apples and oranges.

Something tells me you don't know that Ivanka had a private email server, had classified materials on that private email server and likely deleted emails from that private email server.

Comparing the sending and storing classified information on a private server to using a non-government email server is also apples and oranges.

Comparing what Hillary did with her emails and what Ivanka did with her emails is apples and oranges in the extreme.

There's even more:

Hillary's private server was not disclosed to government officials, Ivanka's use of a non-government server was fully disclosed from the beginning.
Hillary's use of a private, home server violated government protocols, Ivanka's use of a non-government server did not.
Hillary's emails from her home server were not forwarded to her government account for archiving, Ivanka's non-government emails were forwarded to the WH server and fully archived.
Hillary deleted more than 30 thousand of her emails on her home server even after a subpoena was issued for them, Ivanka never deleted any of hers.

I believe Ivanka mentioned all of the above in answering the question Roberts posed, yet Roberts asked the question again as if she didn't hear a damned thing she said.

Mueller is currently looking at her role in the Russia Trump Tower Deal which her and her brother both said they were in no way involved in. She even lied in that same interview on GMA when she said her father didn't give the lethal force order. ABC had to show Ivanka where Trump said that he gave the order. These are just the two most recent examples of Ivanka lying her ass off.

Totally irrelevant. None of that has anything to do with this discussion.

Is this your way of avoiding the conversation by attempting to change the topic, or do you actually have something that justifies the questioning or Ivanka by Roberts that hasn't already been debunked?

Totally irrelevant. None of that has anything to do with this discussion.

Is this your way of avoiding the conversation by attempting to change the topic, or do you actually have something that justifies the questioning or Ivanka by Roberts that hasn't already been debunked?

I am collecting evidence of Ivanka's many lies. So why should I trust her on this?

Back
Top Bottom