• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#85]Ole Rand Paul: “The countries that have been attacked, Georgia and Ukraine, were part of the Soviet Union ... since the 1920s.”

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Listen to the video closely. Rand is trying to be really sneaky in how he defends Putin/Russia's invasion. Hell, I've read similar stuff here.

Many Republican politicians are simply disgusting.

And 10 US states, Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, and Oklahoma were once part of Mexico.
So in Rand Pauls weird little mind it would be perfectly fine for Mexico to invade those states?

You misspelled "all". It hasn't always been all, and a handful are sometimes not disgusting, but now it's all (federal, and nearly all state).

I just can't believe a US Senator would say something so stupid. Why not mention how long post WWII other countries such as Poland and E. Germany, etc. were also part of the USSR.

I just can't believe a US Senator would say something so stupid. Why not mention how long post WWII other countries such as Poland and E. Germany, etc. were also part of the USSR.
Poland and East Germany were never been part of the USSR

Listen to the video closely. Rand is trying to be really sneaky in how he defends Putin/Russia's invasion. Hell, I've read similar stuff here.

Why is it that a supposed small-government libertarian is going to bat to defend a brutal foreign dictator?

I just can't believe a US Senator would say something so stupid.
I laughed out loud at this. Welcome back from your years on the space station not seeing any political (Republican) news.

And 10 US states, Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, and Oklahoma were once part of Mexico.
So in Rand Pauls weird little mind it would be perfectly fine for Mexico to invade those states?
you should tweet that to him.

you know, he's had a Twitter account and used it forever (while playing the victim).

Why is it that a supposed small-government libertarian is going to bat to defend a brutal foreign dictator?
No offense to you, but I tire of the arguments in the form of pointing out the contradiction between Republican propaganda lies about who they SAY they are, and their behavior. "But trump said he's the greatest president ever who always tells the truth and wants to drain the swamp, so why did he..." It just gets old giving their lies any credence like it's a surprise they're lies. "Small government" is a term *of convenience* for propaganda.

he's not small government and he's not a libertarian.

he's simply a dude who says stuff to make bank.

Actually, Mexico has a FAR better claim to take back that territory than Russia does. It actually was taken from Mexico in a 'completely unjust war', while the USSR only had the territory from wrongly taking it in the first place.

There really is no basis for Mexico losing that half of its country other than brute force. The US President just declared a new border.

No offense to you, but I tire of the arguments in the form of pointing out the contradiction between Republican propaganda lies about who they SAY they are, and their behavior. "But trump said he's the greatest president ever who always tells the truth and wants to drain the swamp, so why did he..." It just gets old giving their lies any credence like it's a surprise they're lies. "Small government" is a term *of convenience* for propaganda.
Rand Paul is not a libertarian. He is a racist "states rights Dixiecrat" in new clothes. The GOP has sold its soul to authoritarianism and he is doing his part to defend Putin without actually saying it.

Rand Paul is not a libertarian. He is a racist "states rights Dixiecrat" in new clothes. The GOP has sold its soul to authoritarianism and he is doing his part to defend Putin without actually saying it.
Well, ya, but my point was about this credence given to even pretending these people are the things they lie about. And the implicit agreement the things they SAY they are are even good. "Small government" means "power taken away from the people and given to an elite", but he's not even "small government", except when it's convenient, either. His claim to be is just giving credence to the propaganda.

Trump is the Devil. So is Rand Paul.

Asking for a friend.

Meh.

During the First Cold War, under the banner of “fighting commie Russia”, we sponsored tyrannical regimes across the globe.

Gee, maybe emulating the first Cold War isn’t the best idea 🙄

During the First Cold War, under the banner of “fighting commie Russia”, we sponsored tyrannical regimes across the globe.

Gee, maybe emulating the first Cold War isn’t the best idea 🙄
you siding with Russia too?

This obsession with repeating our mistakes over, and over, and over again needs to stop.
so you're siding with Russia?

And 10 US states, Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, and Oklahoma were once part of Mexico. So in Rand Paul's weird little mind, it would be perfectly fine for Mexico to invade those states?

He wants to talk about two former Soviet Union provinces while totally ignoring the one in his own country, which is many times bigger in land area than Georgia was . . .

Back
Top Bottom