• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#85]Ole Rand Paul: “The countries that have been attacked, Georgia and Ukraine, were part of the Soviet Union ... since the 1920s.”

so it's okay for our country to sit and watch the slaughter, correct?

I don't think that would be the case.

They can stand and watch it.

They can sit and not watch it.

They can stand and not watch it.

What they can't do is something about it.

I watched the video of that isn't enough that's a problem with the op.

Paul stated a fact. Ukraine was part of the USSR. When the secretary said that doesn't give them the right to invade it looked to me like Paul agreed.

Where did Paul say that justified the invasion?

Okay, so I have to ask.....

If not to be a justification, what exactly was the point of bringing it up?

Texas was part of Mexico at one point as well.....somehow I don't see you or Paul being cool with Mexico invading and trying to take it back.

I don't think that would be the case.

They can stand and watch it.

They can sit and not watch it.

They can stand and not watch it.

What they can't do is something about it.

Texas was part of Mexico at one point as well.....somehow I don't see you or Paul being cool with Mexico invading and trying to take it back.

Oh, they are invading....just doing it very slowly.

Rand Paul is living down to my expectations of him.

Moderator's Warning:
This thread is not about Yemen or Saudis, Emeratis or anywhere else in the Middle East. Anyone not sticking to the topic will receive points, thread banned, or both. Knock it off. Now!

You're okay with the US government stealing land?
Been happening since humans first grouped into bands of people and will continue long after we're all gone

I don't know the video I saw was just a clip. I really have no contacts for the entire discussion.
Texas was part of Mexico at one point as well..
Yes it was absolutely that is a correct statement.
...somehow I don't see you or Paul being cool with Mexico invading and trying to take it back.
I don't see him being cool with the Russians invading the Ukraine either that stuff that seem to be generated by people in this forum.

I don't know why you would bring that up I didn't have anything to do with that video clip I saw.

Listen to the video closely. Rand is trying to be really sneaky in how he defends Putin/Russia's invasion. Hell, I've read similar stuff here.

Many Republican politicians are simply disgusting.

He is stating a fact, not condoning war.

Your left-wing radical commie newspapers have basically said the same thing, but that's OK, I guess. When a Republican says it, it is "sneaky" in your fantasy world.

Unreal.

And 10 US states, Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, and Oklahoma were once part of Mexico.
So in Rand Pauls weird little mind it would be perfectly fine for Mexico to invade those states?
Not in Rand Paul's mind... that would be in Biden's tiny little mind based on his actions involving his illegal wide open border.

And the US is indeed under attack right now with hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens pouring across the border every month. Why the hell don't we just get it over with and take Mexico and grant them statehood? Biden is obviously on board with it.

Your left-wing radical commie newspapers have basically said the same thing, but that's OK, I guess. When a Republican says it, it is "sneaky" in your fantasy world.

Unreal.
Paul is repeating (called parroting) Putin's core justification for attacking Ukraine which happens to be a bullshit Putin narrative. No former state of the Soviet Union has any legitimate claim on any other former state of the Soviet Union. Does not matter that Ukraine was part of Russia years and years before the Soviet Union existed.

Actually Russia is making noise about Alaska based on the similar rational. Should we just allow them to walk into Alaska if they want to?

Unreal.
He said “You could also argue that the nations they attacked were once part of Russia.” So what argument is he making then, and what is it a rebuttal to, exactly?

I just can't believe a US Senator would say something so stupid. Why not mention how long post WWII other countries such as Poland and E. Germany, etc. were also part of the USSR.
When the Russian disinformation campaign is ordered to prepare for their invasion of Poland, assuming they want to try, then the internet fools will start talking about it, some senators staffer will see it and think they can get their boss some attention by having them comment, and it'll probably be rand paul again.

Having seen the entire exchange between Blinkin and Paul, Paul is all over the map. The man managed to contradict himself three times in the same sentence!!!! That has got to be some sort of record.

If I were a Kentucky citizen, the next time Paul is up for reelection I would vote for Mickey Mouse if the DEM's put him up. Oh sorry, thanks to Desantis and the whole Disney dust up now even Mickey Mouse is a touchy subject. I would vote for Bugs Bunny if the Dems put him up against Paul.

Alaska used to belong to Russia. Is Rand all for them attacking Alaska?

Unreal.
He's being sneaky and you fell for it.

Again.

Well, not openly, at least. That said, his implication could only be that because they once were part of the Union, its fair to view that someone might want to make them again.

Its really a distinction without a difference.

Unreal.

You got something to provide context, or was this just a boilerplate response?

Listen to the video closely. Rand is trying to be really sneaky in how he defends Putin/Russia's invasion. Hell, I've read similar stuff here.

Many Republican politicians are simply disgusting.

He's a traitor right down to his ridiculous toupe'.

Been happening since humans first grouped into bands of people and will continue long after we're all gone

That's a conservative notion.

Back
Top Bottom