• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#85]Ole Rand Paul: “The countries that have been attacked, Georgia and Ukraine, were part of the Soviet Union ... since the 1920s.”

I just can't believe a US Senator would say something so stupid. Why not mention how long post WWII other countries such as Poland and E. Germany, etc. were also part of the USSR.

I can believe it only because of who said it. Of course no Democrat would deliberately botch an attempt to teach Russian history and geography.

Pointing out the fact that repeating the mistakes of the past is bad isn’t “siding” with anyone. Duh.
i guess it's easy to watch a country be destroyed from our couches here in the US.

i guess it's easy to watch a country be destroyed from our couches here in the US.

Of course it is. That’s why we are so unbothered by our role in helping the Saudis and Emiratis slaughter thousands upon thousands of Yemeni civilians.

Funny how the destruction of that country is seen as no big deal. Hmm….

And 10 US states, Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, and Oklahoma were once part of Mexico.
So in Rand Pauls weird little mind it would be perfectly fine for Mexico to invade those states?

You're okay with the US government stealing land?

Of course it is. That’s why we are so unbothered by our role in helping the Saudis and Emiratis slaughter thousands upon thousands of Yemeni civilians.

By some people. Do you wanna get involved there?

By some people. Do you wanna get involved there?

I don’t want the US to continue supporting a psychotically brutal war effort which has killed thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians, no.

I don’t want the US to continue supporting a psychotically brutal war effort which has killed thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians, no.
but it's okay to sit and watch innocent civilians get slaughtered in Ukraine, correct?

I just can't believe a US Senator would say something so stupid. Why not mention how long post WWII other countries such as Poland and E. Germany, etc. were also part of the USSR.
As stupid as it sounds, that is a direct Putin talking point that has been voiced quite stridently by Putinites at this forum. It is an utterly baseless argument. These States of the Soviet Union were just that States of the Soviet Union. When the Soviet Union collapsed no one of those States had a valid claim over any other. While its true that the other States were satellites to mother Russia, that is not how the Soviet Union was organized in official documents.

The Soviet Union got the benefit of looking like an American Republic but then were stuck with the legal framework that had built when the Soviet Union collapsed.

In point of fact regardless of what half baked, half assed governmental framework the Soviet Union or Russia or whatever put up as a facade, they had remained remarkably centralized from the CZAR's to today.

Last edited:
During the First Cold War, under the banner of “fighting commie Russia”, we sponsored tyrannical regimes across the globe.

Gee, maybe emulating the first Cold War isn’t the best idea 🙄
Irrelevant to the question of Ukraine sovereignty.

Its not whether its a big deal or not. Its not relevant to Russia Ukraine...not even close

As one other poster in a different thread suggested to you, if you want to discuss US/Saudi/Yemen or other geopolitical issues, particularly of the Middle East, start a thread on that topic and we will either decide to join you there or not.

Pointing out the fact that repeating the mistakes of the past is bad isn’t “siding” with anyone. Duh.
Fighting tyranny is not a mistake.

Its not whether its a big deal or not. Its not relevant to Russia Ukraine...not even close

As one other poster in a different thread suggested to you, if you want to discuss US/Saudi/Yemen or other geopolitical issues, particularly of the Middle East, start a thread on that topic and we will either decide to join you there or not.

You not WANTING it to be relevant doesn’t change the facts. Either we hold ourselves to the same standards we hold others or the whole thing is mere hypocrisy.

but it's okay to sit and watch innocent civilians get slaughtered in Ukraine, correct?

We sure as shit don’t have a problem watching innocent civilians in Yemen get slaughtered.

Why do the Ukrainians supposedly matter more?

You not WANTING it to be relevant doesn’t change the facts. Either we hold ourselves to the same standards we hold others or the whole thing is mere hypocrisy.
The world is full of hypocrisy. Holding that up as some sort of geopolitical standard is naive. Heck it hardly works as a political standard.

STAY ON THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD.

Sponsoring tyrants to do it certainly is.
Gee did we suddenly change sides in Ukraine and are now supporting the Russian attack on that sovereign nation?

The topic is Russia/Ukriane and Rand Paul's IDIOTIC adoption of Putin talking points. STAY ON THE TOPIC.

We sure as shit don’t have a problem watching innocent civilians in Yemen get slaughtered.

Why do the Ukrainians supposedly matter more?
Our Middle East policy is for shit and is mired in the US and UK Middle East policy of the 20th century. Has nothing to do with Russia Ukraine.

Gee did we suddenly change sides in Ukraine and are now supporting the Russian attack on that sovereign nation?

The topic is Russia/Ukriane. STAY ON THE TOPIC.

Gee bud, sounds like you should learn how to read. I responded to a poster approving posting a tweet about what would have happened in the “good old days” by pointing out the fact that the “good old days” weren’t so good.

Maybe you should think before you throw a tantrum next time.

Our Middle East policy is for shit and is mired in the US and UK Middle East policy of the 20th century. Has nothing to do with Russia Ukraine.

What’s really for shit is the constant tantrums whenever anyone dares to hold us to the standard we hold others to.

Gee bud, sounds like you should learn how to read. I responded to a poster approving posting a tweet about what would have happened in the “good old days” by pointing out the fact that the “good old days” weren’t so good.

Maybe you should think before you throw a tantrum next time.
So you took advantage of a broadly based post to jump right back on your Yemeni hobby horse. Nice try. I was in the other thread you bastardized with this nonsense.

The world is full of hypocrisy. Holding that up as some sort of geopolitical standard is naive. Heck it hardly works as a political standard.

STAY ON THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD.

In other words “waaaaah! How dare you expect us to live up to the values we claim to represent!”

🙄

What’s really for shit is the constant tantrums whenever anyone dares to hold us to the standard we hold others to.
STAY ON THE TOPIC. Amazing to me that you clearly have this hair across your ass for ME policy specifically as it relates to Saudi and Yemen but won't start a thread on the topic. Whats the matter? Unsure of your ground?

So you took advantage of a broadly based post to jump right back on your Yemeni hobby horse. Nice try. I was in the other thread you bastardized with this nonsense.

You being triggered by the facts doesn’t change them.

In other words “waaaaah! How dare you expect us to live up to the values we claim to represent!”

🙄
Thiis is too rich. You are the one naively crying.

STAY ON THE TOPIC. Amazing to me that you clearly have this hair across your ass for ME policy specifically as it relates to Saudi and Yemen but won't start a thread on the topic. Whats the matter? Unsure of your ground?

Gee bud, you were the one who started crying because I pointed out the fact that we sponsored tyrants across the globe during the “first Cold War”.

Funnily enough, I don’t have to listen to some random poster trying to play thread cop because facing the facts triggers him.

Back
Top Bottom