• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;85]Clinton Emails

Perhaps, if Hillary hadn't kept this stuff hidden on her private server there wouldn't have been a need for all those investigations...perhaps, if this information had been available she never would have run for President...and then, perhaps, our country would have never been put through the divisiveness that we've been subjected to by the people who are STILL royally butt hurt over her getting her ass kicked to the curb by the American people.

And...Hillary didn't spend 11 hours testifying. She spent 11 hours lying and hiding the truth...and yes, that's something Trump would never do.
Right. Trump would just refuse to testify at all.

State Department has released Hillary's emails. I haven't had a chance to go through all 33,000 yet but I did decide to look at some from around 9/11/12. There is one, so far, that is VERY interesting based on all the media interactions the State Department had around that time .

This link is to the emails in bulk - https://foia.state.gov/search/results.aspx?collection=Clinton_Email - I'm trying to find a way to link to a specific email but the one I'm looking at is titled "More On Libya" and was sent 9/12/12 to sullivanj@state.gov.

This email is FROM Hillary and contains initial intelligence assessments from Libya. It does say that a source reported that the "immediate events" were prompted by a cleric talking about a film. That, however, isn't all that the intelligence says. If you read farther through the memo you'll see that other sources suggest that the attack had been planned for a month and the reason for the attack was to show that Libyan government forces couldn't protect their allies in the country. It says that the Ansar al Sharia insurgents infiltrated the protest, using it for cover. That's a lot different than, "It was about a movie". Ultimately, it says the attack was all about insuring that the region remained unstable.

So this is pretty much confirmation that the "it was about a movie" was a total bullshit story, that Hillary KNEW it was a bullshit story and that she sent Susan Rice out to spread the bullshit story PLUS she spread it herself.

HRCDS is real and it’s beautiful.

Gosh, who the hell cares?

Get over it.
Gosh. Who the hell cares that the 2012 election was stolen with disastrous consequences for the US that are felt even today?

Gosh. Who the hell cares that the 2012 election was stolen with disastrous consequences for the US that are felt even today?
Please provide proof that the 2012 election was stolen. If you can't, you're lying and dismissed.

This is a clumsy leak to try bring back disaffected Demos and Repubs that did not like Hilary or supporedt Romney, McCain, Bush Jr., Ryan.. The problem is it won't work. Trump has lied so many times and so recklessly it won't distract..

The attempts to try link Biden to Clinton to win back vote for Trumps is a little late in the day.

Hilary is no longer holding any position in the Government. It is highly unlikely she will ever again hold a position. The information is not surprising.
I am more concerned about the election and who will be our next President and who gets elected to Congress.
One of those candidates is running on the basis of his experience in that same administration. He didn't exactly stand up and say 'stop putting out this false narrative', did he?

One of those candidates is running on the basis of his experience in that same administration. He didn't exactly stand up and say 'stop putting out this false narrative', did he?
It kind of goes to show the folly of the "Arab spring" and much of the establishment foreign policy. The State Department supported, if not instigated, various uprisings around the region and toppled various leaders. They then "helped" their people get "elected" only to find that not all the locals were 100% on board with that plan. The result was several Salafist uprisings, lots of dead people and more power for Iran.

No. He did not.
Do you believe the Trump Administration has not put out any false narratives?

If Trump is reelected, we are going to have LIB showtrials. And I cant discount there being executions. Q has given the right wing a taste of lynch justice.

If Trump is reelected, we are going to have LIB showtrials. And I cant discount there being executions. Q has given the right wing a taste of lynch justice.
LMAO!!!

"Show trials"? Most of us call that an impeachment and it's what the LEFT has been doing to Trump and his associates since 2016.

LMAO!!!

"Show trials"? Most of us call that an impeachment and it's what the LEFT has been doing to Trump and his associates since 2016.
There was no TRUMPED up evidence. Almost all the evidence came from the stupidity and illegality of Trump and all his criminals.

State Department has released Hillary's emails. I haven't had a chance to go through all 33,000 yet but I did decide to look at some from around 9/11/12. There is one, so far, that is VERY interesting based on all the media interactions the State Department had around that time .

This link is to the emails in bulk - https://foia.state.gov/search/results.aspx?collection=Clinton_Email - I'm trying to find a way to link to a specific email but the one I'm looking at is titled "More On Libya" and was sent 9/12/12 to sullivanj@state.gov.

This email is FROM Hillary and contains initial intelligence assessments from Libya. It does say that a source reported that the "immediate events" were prompted by a cleric talking about a film. That, however, isn't all that the intelligence says. If you read farther through the memo you'll see that other sources suggest that the attack had been planned for a month and the reason for the attack was to show that Libyan government forces couldn't protect their allies in the country. It says that the Ansar al Sharia insurgents infiltrated the protest, using it for cover. That's a lot different than, "It was about a movie". Ultimately, it says the attack was all about insuring that the region remained unstable.

So this is pretty much confirmation that the "it was about a movie" was a total bullshit story, that Hillary KNEW it was a bullshit story and that she sent Susan Rice out to spread the bullshit story PLUS she spread it herself.

Well, good thing we know that since Hillary's not on the ballot.

FWIW, years of BUTHEREMAILS!!!!! have run their course. Pompeo is a deplorable asshole for engaging in this political stunt in the runup to the election, and confirms what we already know, which is he's a dishonest, corrupt piece of human debris who shames his alma mater, but no one cares any more.

Well, good thing we know that since Hillary's not on the ballot.

FWIW, years of BUTHEREMAILS!!!!! have run their course. Pompeo is a deplorable asshole for engaging in this political stunt in the runup to the election, and confirms what we already know, which is he's a dishonest, corrupt piece of human debris who shames his alma mater, but no one cares any more.

Joe Biden was a part of the same administration - and is running on the basis of his experience there. He's tied to the false narrative about the incident, as well as the efforts to push aside the security issues related to the Hillary breach.

You are right though - these emails should have been released years ago.

This must be the big October surprise Trump has been hinting at. Since the DOJ has already told us that no Durham report will be out before the election. It's really too bad the GOP hasn't yet figured out that HRC is NOT running for president.

if this is all they have, it ain't sh**. NO ONE CARES

From a political perspective this is going to amount to a lot of nothing. If Clinton were running, then it would be relevant.

Joe Biden was a part of the same administration - and is running on the basis of his experience there. He's tied to the false narrative about the incident, as well as the efforts to push aside the security issues related to the Hillary breach.

You are right though - these emails should have been released years ago.

It was all about Hillary four years ago. Moving the target to Joe Biden at the last possible moment isn't going to work.

For me, Pompeo's actions here are just more inspiration to vote, straight Democratic ticket from the top to the bottom. It's not really about Trump. Pompeo and others enable him, as we see here. Anyone with any integrity as SoS would refuse to perform this stunt and get fired or resign if necessary. Pompeo does it happily because he's just as big a problem, just as corrupt, as his boss. The GOP who don't speak up are telling us they are now OK with the SoS engaging in nakedly political stunts just weeks before an election. There's no other reason for this last minute release of these emails. It serves no purpose for the country, but Pompeo doesn't care about that. He undermined his own IGs, fired those who were actually being independent, and he has proven to be a reliable sycophant willing to do anything for Trump.

It's shocking to me that this is where we are as a country.

Hillary Hatred does cause irrational responses - the email quoted in the OP was released in Oct 2016

Not only is Hillary Clinton not running for office in 2020 but one must ask - WHY are GOPers
trying to make a big deal out of an affair that was beat to death 4 years ago?

It was all about Hillary four years ago. Moving the target to Joe Biden at the last possible moment isn't going to work.

For me, Pompeo's actions here are just more inspiration to vote, straight Democratic ticket from the top to the bottom. It's not really about Trump. Pompeo and others enable him, as we see here. Anyone with any integrity as SoS would refuse to perform this stunt and get fired or resign if necessary. Pompeo does it happily because he's just as big a problem, just as corrupt, as his boss. The GOP who don't speak up are telling us they are now OK with the SoS engaging in nakedly political stunts just weeks before an election. There's no other reason for this last minute release of these emails. It serves no purpose for the country, but Pompeo doesn't care about that. He undermined his own IGs, fired those who were actually being independent, and he has proven to be a reliable sycophant willing to do anything for Trump.

It's shocking to me that this is where we are as a country.

Which SOS stunt are you talking about? Clinton's, or Pompeo's? The one Clinton was involved in 8 years ago was far more shocking.

I would dial back the rhetoric. These are government records being released to the public - records which have been requested for a long time. Where they look bad for the Obama administration is their fault.

It’s 2020 and they’re coming at the American people with “but her emails.” This is a giant white flag.

3018b0fae24ea48f4d75e1f75a0b1e1746ed077b.jpg

"Any port in a storm"

Which SOS stunt are you talking about? Clinton's, or Pompeo's? The one Clinton was involved in 8 years ago was far more shocking.

I would dial back the rhetoric. These are government records being released to the public - records which have been requested for a long time. Where they look bad for the Obama administration is their fault.

No one cares. And the standard as set by the GOP the last four years is if the potus wants to do it, it’s legal.

Hillary Hatred does cause irrational responses - the email quoted in the OP was released in Oct 2016

Not only is Hillary Clinton not running for office in 2020 but one must ask - WHY are GOPers
trying to make a big deal out of an affair that was beat to death 4 years ago?
You and others have made comments along these lines.

The release of these emails and the information contained in them is important for understanding the way foreign policy worked under Clinton and understanding how misinformation was used to promote certain political goals. Knowing this kind of stuff gives us better perspective when we look at current situations. For example, Clinton was willing to lie not just to the American public but to the families of the deceased about the motivations for the attack. Likewise, Adam Schiff, a man CLEARLY cut from the Clinton cloth, lied about motivations involving Trump's conversation with Zelensky. When you start putting this stuff together it begins to become clear that the Democrats treat lies a political necessity and are quite free with them as long as it promotes their political goals. A wise American might ponder that for a minute or two and consider how forthright the Democrat candidate on their ballot is. They might also consider whether the Democrats do what they do for America or whether they do it for their party.

SEVEN minutes after post #42, you wrote "records which have been requested for a long time" -- Just wondering if you have me on your Ignore list or if you simply refuse to read commenters you don't like.

I am waiting for these same folk to revisit that birth certificate of Obamas. Trust me, birtherism is going to make a come-back!

No one cares. {deflection}
Obviously JasperL (the person I was replying to) cares a great deal, as do many others on the left who are upset about releasing emails entered into the public record to the public.

Back
Top Bottom