• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;85]Clinton Emails

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
State Department has released Hillary's emails. I haven't had a chance to go through all 33,000 yet but I did decide to look at some from around 9/11/12. There is one, so far, that is VERY interesting based on all the media interactions the State Department had around that time .

This link is to the emails in bulk - https://foia.state.gov/search/results.aspx?collection=Clinton_Email - I'm trying to find a way to link to a specific email but the one I'm looking at is titled "More On Libya" and was sent 9/12/12 to sullivanj@state.gov.

This email is FROM Hillary and contains initial intelligence assessments from Libya. It does say that a source reported that the "immediate events" were prompted by a cleric talking about a film. That, however, isn't all that the intelligence says. If you read farther through the memo you'll see that other sources suggest that the attack had been planned for a month and the reason for the attack was to show that Libyan government forces couldn't protect their allies in the country. It says that the Ansar al Sharia insurgents infiltrated the protest, using it for cover. That's a lot different than, "It was about a movie". Ultimately, it says the attack was all about insuring that the region remained unstable.

(Source Comment: A separate, particularly sensitive source added that in
private conversation el Magariaf stated that if his government cannot protect a
senior diplomatic official, foreign businesses will not be willing to risk opening up
new operations in Libya. According to this sensitive source, el Magariaf believes
that a number of the Islamist militias are now being influenced al Qai'da and other
radical groups; working out of camps in the Eastern and Southeastern parts of the
country. These groups are receiving aid and weapons from supporters in Sudan.
In the end, el Magariaf added that while he does not expect U.S. officials to focus
on this point, he believes the attacks against the interests and citizens of the U.S.
and other Western states are aimed first at overthrowing his government, and
replacing it with a strict Islamic Republic dominated by Salafist leaders. Magariaf
also warned that tribal militias loyal to the Qaddafi family continue to present an
equally dangerous threat to the new Government.)

So this is pretty much confirmation that the "it was about a movie" was a total bullshit story, that Hillary KNEW it was a bullshit story and that she sent Susan Rice out to spread the bullshit story PLUS she spread it herself.

State Department has released Hillary's emails. I haven't had a chance to go through all 33,000 yet but I did decide to look at some from around 9/11/12. There is one, so far, that is VERY interesting based on all the media interactions the State Department had around that time .

This link is to the emails in bulk - https://foia.state.gov/search/results.aspx?collection=Clinton_Email - I'm trying to find a way to link to a specific email but the one I'm looking at is titled "More On Libya" and was sent 9/12/12 to sullivanj@state.gov.

This email is FROM Hillary and contains initial intelligence assessments from Libya. It does say that a source reported that the "immediate events" were prompted by a cleric talking about a film. That, however, isn't all that the intelligence says. If you read farther through the memo you'll see that other sources suggest that the attack had been planned for a month and the reason for the attack was to show that Libyan government forces couldn't protect their allies in the country. It says that the Ansar al Sharia insurgents infiltrated the protest, using it for cover. That's a lot different than, "It was about a movie". Ultimately, it says the attack was all about insuring that the region remained unstable.

So this is pretty much confirmation that the "it was about a movie" was a total bullshit story, that Hillary KNEW it was a bullshit story and that she sent Susan Rice out to spread the bullshit story PLUS she spread it herself.
Did anybody really doubt it.

Well hell it wasn't even about a movie. It was allegedly about a youtube clip of a partial preview of a movie that was never made.

Hilary is no longer holding any position in the Government. It is highly unlikely she will ever again hold a position. The information is not surprising.
I am more concerned about the election and who will be our next President and who gets elected to Congress.

Gosh, who the hell cares?

Get over it.
IF Hillary is guilty of what is claimed she needs to be prosecuted for it. It's about right and wrong, legal or illegal and lying to the American people as well as endangering the country and those working for the government. You know the things the left has said about Trump but the facts were all fabricated and we know that. WE also know the FBI and Justice Dept under Obama helped adn Obama knew about it.

Can Hillary Clinton stop being relevant please?
The only thing the disgusting, hypocritical, purely political release of these emails demonstrates to me is that Clinton was justified in using a private email server.

This is yet another precedent that Republicans are going to rue setting very very soon. Extremely short-term thinking....

The only thing the disgusting, hypocritical, purely political release of these emails demonstrates to me is that Clinton was justified in using a private email server.

This is yet another precedent that Republicans are going to rue setting very very soon. Extremely short-term thinking....
Hillary broke laws, failed to follow state department regulations, cost the lives of 4 state department members and lied about it all.

Ah! Now it's becoming more clear.

There was also an email from Sid Blumenthal to Hillary that Magariaf (Libyan president) was concerned that the attack would make it harder for him to solidify his political position in Libya -

This source added that el Magariaf s advisors believe that this situation adds
to the President's growing concern over the unpredictable effects that will follow
current covert efforts by his political opponents to link him directly to foreign
intelligence services. According to a separate sensitive source, el Magariaf noted that
his opponents had often tried to connect him to the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency
(CIA) through the National Front for the Salvation of Libya (NFSL), a group
established in opposition to former dictator Muammar al Qaddafi, which el Magariaf
led in the 198os. In the opinion of this individual el Magariaf believes that he can
survive potential negative publicity in this regard, but if this situation continues to
develop in this manner it will complicate his efforts to establish an orderly
administration in the country. Again, he stated that the attacks on the U.S. missions
were as much a result of the atmosphere created by this campaign, as the controversial
internet video.
From email titled "H: Magariaf On Attack On US In Libya Sid" also on 9/12/12

So what it looks like is that the movie was used by some cleric to rile up the masses but the attackers just used the protests to cover their own activities which involved political motives, not outrage over a movie. Hillary appears to have gone with the movie narrative because doing so gave political cover to Magariaf. Magariaf, it should be noted, had been living in the US before he went back to Libya after their civil war. He may well have been assisted by the CIA or other US backed interests in the region to get elected in August of 2012. Either way, he was the preferred leader by the US so that's likely why Hillary wanted to give him cover. Furthermore, if the US did assist in his election and he didn't get the support he needed then, maybe, he could have spilled the beans and REALLY fired stuff up in the country, if not the entire region.

Hillary broke laws, failed to follow state department regulations, cost the lives of 4 state department members and lied about it all.
It's hilarious to me how conservatives continue to think that Clinton's purported misstatements about the motivation behind Benghazi are the worst thing to have ever be done by any politician, when Trump has literally made misstatement after misstatement about a pandemic in which 200,000 people have died from the beginning. If conservatives had an ounce of self-reflection they would die of shame.

IF Hillary is guilty of what is claimed she needs to be prosecuted for it. It's about right and wrong, legal or illegal and lying to the American people as well as endangering the country and those working for the government. You know the things the left has said about Trump but the facts were all fabricated and we know that. WE also know the FBI and Justice Dept under Obama helped adn Obama knew about it.
How many investigations were there?

And, she spent 11 hours testifying, something that dipshit Trump would never do.

Let it go, it is over, get over it.

It's hilarious to me how conservatives continue to think that Clinton's purported misstatements about the motivation behind Benghazi are the worst thing to have ever be done by any politician, when Trump has literally made misstatement after misstatement about a pandemic in which 200,000 people have died from the beginning. If conservatives had an ounce of self-reflection they would die of shame.
These emails show quite clearly that they weren't "misstatements", they were outright lies.

Having read through several of these things there are a few other matters that have become clear. Hillary had a lot of "fluffers" in her circle. There are a LOT of "pat on the back" emails for all kinds of inane stuff. I mean, if that's your thing then go for it but it kind of shows a department culture that's as much into self congratulation as they are analysis and implementation of policy. To be fair, maybe people just felt more free to do that kind of thing on a private network instead of the official one. There is also a lot of passing around various news articles. I don't know whether they're using the media as an intelligence source or just passing stuff around to see who got their name in the paper. Anyway, these are not emails about her kids and friends. These are DEFINITELY business emails and it definitely shows that Clinton was doing a lot of work "out of network".

These emails show quite clearly that they weren't "misstatements", they were outright lies.

Having read through several of these things there are a few other matters that have become clear. Hillary had a lot of "fluffers" in her circle. There are a LOT of "pat on the back" emails for all kinds of inane stuff. I mean, if that's your thing then go for it but it kind of shows a department culture that's as much into self congratulation as they are analysis and implementation of policy. To be fair, maybe people just felt more free to do that kind of thing on a private network instead of the official one. There is also a lot of passing around various news articles. I don't know whether they're using the media as an intelligence source or just passing stuff around to see who got their name in the paper. Anyway, these are not emails about her kids and friends. These are DEFINITELY business emails and it definitely shows that Clinton was doing a lot of work "out of network".
Yeah, I'm sorry I just think anyone spending their evening going hunting through emails from eight years ago to prove something they already decided was true years ago about a person who isn't currently in government and has hardly even made any public appearances in four years, when we are in the middle of a pandemic that has been completely flubbed to disastrous economic and public health effect, with the most blatantly corrupt and selfish president in modern american history currently making major decisions affecting all of our lives, is not the type of person whose judgment I will trust on anything.

And by the way, I will be saying exactly the same thing four years from now after Trump loses this election to the Democrats advocating to put him jail, even though I think he has done numerous actually criminal and morally reprehensible things. You can hold me to that.

For me there is an EXTREMELY high bar for going after former leaders, because that is the kind of sh** that truly messed up countries do, and it freaks me the f*** out when for an entire political party that seems to be priority #1.

This must be the big October surprise Trump has been hinting at. Since the DOJ has already told us that no Durham report will be out before the election. It's really too bad the GOP hasn't yet figured out that HRC is NOT running for president.

if this is all they have, it ain't sh**. NO ONE CARES

And by the way, I will be saying exactly the same thing four years from now after Trump loses this election to the Democrats advocating to put him jail, even though I think he has done numerous actually criminal and morally reprehensible things. You can hold me to that.

For me there is an EXTREMELY high bar for going after former leaders, because that is the kind of sh** that truly messed up countries do, and it freaks me the f*** out when for an entire political party that seems to be priority #1.
I agree with not going after former leaders. Except with Trump there are a whole plethora of crimes that have nothing to do with his presidency. For those, he needs to be prosecuted. NY State can handle all that just fine.

And it's a little to generous to call Trump a leader without evidence he's ever lead anything.

How many investigations were there?

And, she spent 11 hours testifying, something that dipshit Trump would never do.

Let it go, it is over, get over it.
Perhaps, if Hillary hadn't kept this stuff hidden on her private server there wouldn't have been a need for all those investigations...perhaps, if this information had been available she never would have run for President...and then, perhaps, our country would have never been put through the divisiveness that we've been subjected to by the people who are STILL royally butt hurt over her getting her ass kicked to the curb by the American people.

And...Hillary didn't spend 11 hours testifying. She spent 11 hours lying and hiding the truth...and yes, that's something Trump would never do.

Perhaps, if Hillary hadn't kept this stuff hidden on her private server there wouldn't have been a need for all those investigations...perhaps, if this information had been available she never would have run for President...and then, perhaps, our country would have never been put through the divisiveness that we've been subjected to by the people who are STILL royally butt hurt over her getting her ass kicked to the curb by the American people.

Yes, you're right. All the issues in the world right now are because of Hillary's server.

You're not that bright.

And...Hillary didn't spend 11 hours testifying. She spent 11 hours lying and hiding the truth...and yes, that's something Trump would never do.

As if any of you eagerly indoctrinated lemmings gives one whit about the "victims" you allege Clinton, Rice and Obama are guilty
of negligent homicide of, or however your fever dreams distort your POVs.

Benghazi: Mother of Slain Ambassador Criticizes Donald ...
https://time.com/4420518/chris-stevens-mother-benghazi-donald-trump/
T he mother of the late U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens—..has called for an "immediate ...
Trump to Stop Using His Name

Proof? As usual, you have none to post. The only offense that is proven in this thread is the Trump-Pompeo-Trump party politicization of the Department of State. It will take a decade and billions of dollars to restore the international reputation of the U.S. government, post-Trump.

Clinton emails? State Department servers were hacked. Clinton's server was not.

Third, partisan, Trump instigated email investigation? No fault.

Here's Why Republicans Stopped Talking About a Uranium One ...
https://www.motherjones.com/politic...ed-talking-about-a-uranium-one-whistleblower/
Here's Why Republicans Stopped Talking About a Uranium One "Whistleblower" The guy they hoped would implicate Hillary Clinton doesn't appear too reliable.

READ: State Department investigation into email use ...
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/poli...mails-chuck-grassley-investigation/index.html
Oct 18, 2019An investigation by the State Department released on Friday said there was no "persuasive evidence" of widespread mishandling of classified information in the controversy surrounding Hillary ...

Uranium One? Victoria Toensing, attorney for whistleblower = disgraced.
Clinton foundation, functioning effectively.

Lawyers for Ukrainian oligarch have another client: The ...
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/...lawyers-joe-digenova-victoria-toensing-056643
Oct 24, 2019Included in the roughly 50-page packet was an email from Solomon to Toensing, ... then-attorney general Jeff Sessions appointed U.S. Attorney John Huber to look into the Uranium One matter under ...

Trump Foundation? Investigated, fined, forcibly closed by State of NY Atty General

Pam Bondi Can't Believe New York AG Letitia James. Just ...
https://www.wonkette.com/pam-bondi-cant-believe-letitia-james-just-cant-believe-her-at-all
In 2013, ...The Trump Foundation, which was also a big scam, coincidentally donated $25,000 to Bondi's re-election campaign, and Bondi came to the unrelated conclusion that Trump University was completely legitimate.

Last edited:
As if any of you eagerly indoctrinated lemmings gives one whit about the "victims" you allege Clinton, Rice and Obama are guilty
of negligent homicide of, or however your fever dreams distort your POVs.

~snipped the irrelevant shit you threw against the wall~

Take a chill pill, dude.

I said nothing about "the "victims" you allege Clinton, Rice and Obama are guilty
of negligent homicide of, or however your fever dreams distort your POVs." I made a comment about the hearings.

Get back to me when you have something to say that actually refers to something I said.

Yes, you're right. All the issues in the world right now are because of Hillary's server.

You're not that bright.
I've said nothing about "All the issues in the world right now".

Seriously...is irrelevant hyperbole ALL you got?

August 10, 2020
NY Atty General Letitia James put the smack down last week on the NRA, and conservatives immediately accused her of waging war against the 2nd Amendment, which grants Americans the not-so-well-regulated right to wage war on each other. The NRA is a shockingly corrupt organization that's allegedly violated multiple laws governing public charities. It couldn't even settle for shamelessly promoting the sale of death machines that kill tens of thousands of people each year.

Bondi, former GOP atty general of Florida, has some experience with shockingly corrupt organizations. In 2013, she was considering teaming up with NY to investigate ..Trump's self-titled “university." The Trump Foundation, which was also a big scam, coincidentally donated $25,000 to Bondi's re-election campaign, and Bondi came to the unrelated conclusion that Trump Univ was completely legitimate..

on Hannity's show, ..brought on Bondi ..
dissolving the NRA because it's crooked won't repeal the 2nd Amendment..
BONDI: When [James] was running for office, she made it very clear she was gunning after Donald Trump.
Yes, ..it's not unreasonable to mention the major crimes you plan to prosecute, and President “Law & Order" appears to have committed quite a few of them..
BONDI: [Trump] was in her sights! She said she had her eyes on Trump Tower.
Where all the crimes took place, including possible collusion with Russia to “win" the 2016 election.
BONDI: She's continued to go after Eric Trump and Don Trump, Jr. and their businesses.
...BONDI: So, her doing this now isn't a surprise.
No, it's not a surprise.. New York has very tough laws against scuzzy charities and the Trump family was involved in one of the scuzziest, which is why a sitting president had to pay more than $2 million in court-ordered damages to eight different charities for "illegally misusing charitable funds at the Trump Foundation for political purposes."
Bondi boasted about her own experience apparently not prosecuting crimes. ..
BONDI: Being a chief legal officer and chief law enforcement officer, as I was for the third largest state and she is of the fourth largest state in the country, it's a tremendous responsibility. She sees it as tremendous power.
BONDI: Saying she wants to dissolve the NRA is even more unheard of!
An atty general dissolving corrupt nonprofits is not “unheard of." Bondi is trying to equate the NRA with gun rights in general, but no one's stopping anyone from starting a separate "Gun Nuts R Us" organization that doesn't break New York state law.

BONDI: She said out loud that this wasn't political. She holds a grand press conference with flags in the background.
Wait, I thought flags weren't political but something all Americans could unite behind. Aren't we supposed to have flags everywhere? That's how people know you're not a communist. It's also a preventative measure Black people take to keep Navy SEAL dogs from attacking..

BONDI: [James] talks about the NRA, talks about the Second Amendment, and if you're a business right now in New York and your doors are closing, you're a consumer and your AG put a press conference, which could've been prioritized later, over you, the consumer.
.. Conservatives want people locked up for breaking windows at a protest, but when white people — especially GOP supporters — commit "white-collar" crimes, then we should all just press pause on “Law & Order" until the economy improves..."

Proof? As usual, you have none to post.

-snip-

-snip-

Get back to me when you have something to say that actually refers to something I said.

Proof? As usual, you have none to post. Deflect? Project? Sure!

In chronological order :

Senior adviser to Pompeo Michael McKinley resigns - The ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...771aa2-ebb5-11e9-85c0-85a098e47b37_story.html
Oct 10, 2019 Michael McKinley, a career diplomat and senior adviser to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, has resigned his position amid rising dissatisfaction and plummeting morale inside the State Department...

Trump's inspector general purge grows more suspicious ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ating-mike-pompeo-grows-even-more-suspicious/
May 19, 2020 An inspector general is tasked with independent oversight of their department and questioning the powerful. — in this case, Pompeo's ...

State Department Watchdog Resigns After Predeces

Fired inspector general says he told aides about Pompeo ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ffe464-ab29-11ea-a9d9-a81c1a491c52_story.html
Jun 10, 2020 Pompeo initially denied knowing about that investigation but later acknowledged that, while refusing a face-to-face interview with the inspector general, he had submitted written answers to ...

Ex-State Department Inspector General Says He Was Given No ...
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/10/8744...al-says-he-was-given-no-valid-reason-when-fir
Jun 10, 2020 "Pompeo's statement that the Inspector General works for the agency head is wrong," said retired Ambassador Ronald Neumann, president of the American Academy of Diplomacy, in a statement ...

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...nt-watchdog-resigns-after-predecessors-ouster
WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department's acting inspector general resigned abruptly on Wednesday following the firing of his predecessor in circumstances now being investigated by Congress.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom