• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:843] How religious thinking works

You can't share any of your either. There are two basic reasons for that. "Experiences' can not be shared. Plus, what you think is supernatural born-again experience is surging dopamine.
I just had a supernatural experience with Lord Krishna.

You can't share any of your either. There are two basic reasons for that. "Experiences' can not be shared. Plus, what you think is supernatural born-again experience is surging dopamine.

And you know all about the Holy Spirit, right?

Laughing Hyena.jpg

I do know that there is no proof of the existence of the holy ghost.

Tsk tsk. You also seem completely unaware of any supernatural born-again experience that you can share. If you had one you'd KNOW it was real, and you wouldn't go kicking a can down the pike.

This has absolutely nothing to do with you thinking you know what I think. However, it is true that I've never had a supernatural born-again experience with a god, a prophet, a pastor, or for that matter, the force, but that is immaterial.

Last edited:
So, you do not have a specific "born-again" experience. That's what I thought.

I just told you that I did indeed undergo the "born again" experience (and I appreciate the fact that you appropriately placed that term within quotation marks), which was explained by surges of dopamine at the behest of those who played along.

OM

If you had one you'd KNOW it was real,

Which is what I had thought all along as well. Funny how surging dopamine can be used to confirm our biases. Whew! Like a drug!

OM

I just told you that I did indeed undergo the "born again" experience (and I appreciate the fact that you appropriately placed that term within quotation marks), which was explained by surges of dopamine at the behest of those who played along.

OM

The Holy Spirit bears witness of Jesus Christ, not unbelief.

The Holy Spirit bears witness of Jesus Christ, not unbelief.

That is an unproven zealous religious theory; but such feelings can easily be explained by surging dopamine coupled with religious confirmation bias.

OM

Back
Top Bottom