• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:81]'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site

Re: 'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site

I believe they are race-centric but not necessarily racist. Many of their comments and actions are racial, but not necessarily racist.

I cant speak to their individual members.

How cute. The less committed attempt to reel in the extremist.

Stupid teacher ... for hoping to get an additional field trip funded by parents who apparently don't feed their children and with half the cost going to The Rainforest Cafe ... :lol:
What the **** are you talking about "additional field trip? Reading comprehension isn't your forte. And the donations were provided by generous contributions of individuals that actually give a damn. Including partners at the firm we work for. The fundraiser isn't geared at the parents of the students, that's why the funds needed to be raised.

How cute. The less committed attempt to reel in the extremist.

Tell us...can black people be racist?

:lamo

What the **** are you talking about "additional field trip? Reading comprehension isn't your forte. And the donations were provided by generous contributions of individuals that actually give a damn. Including partners at the firm we work for. The fundraiser isn't geared at the parents of the students, that's why the funds needed to be raised.

What's the matter with you? Don't even remember anymore the stuff you posted?

The teacher wanted an extra field trip in addition to what the school offered and she also wanted the parents to pay for that extra trip ...

"... But because CPS students are responsible for the costs of non-mandatory field trips, she also knew it would be asking a lot. She calculated the costs at $40 per child for transportation, tour and lunch and originally planned to ask the student families to pay in increments. ..."

Tell us...can black people be racist?

:lamo

Tell us about how the CBC is not racist, but you suspect some members are.

Haha. Reel your guy in.

Moderator's Warning:
Oy! This thread was started it the Breaking News forum. As such, the topic is the linked news story:

'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site

And only that linked story. Not other threads. Not each other.

Posts going forward should be closely related to the topic and those posters who don't stick to the topic, will be removed from the thread.

Tell us about how the CBC is not racist, but you suspect some members are.

Haha. Reel your guy in.
Where did I say I suspected their members were? In fact...if you can find ANYTHING other than where I specifically said I cant speak to their members, then you might as well just up and admit you are full of **** and lying to try to once again cover for yet another of your steady stream of stupid comments.

What's the matter with you? Don't even remember anymore the stuff you posted?

The teacher wanted an extra field trip in addition to what the school offered and she also wanted the parents to pay for that extra trip ...

"... But because CPS students are responsible for the costs of non-mandatory field trips, she also knew it would be asking a lot. She calculated the costs at $40 per child for transportation, tour and lunch and originally planned to ask the student families to pay in increments. ..."

These students have never been on a field trip. Many have never left the neighborhood. They're kids from dirt poor and broken homes. If it were left up to the parents, this field trip wouldn't be happening. Samantha should be applauded for stepping up and helping improve the lives of her students.

These students have never been on a field trip. Many have never left the neighborhood. They're kids from dirt poor and broken homes. If it were left up to the parents, this field trip wouldn't be happening. Samantha should be applauded for stepping up and helping improve the lives of her students.

Facts: Non-mandatory field trip ... teacher wanted the parents to fork over money for said field trip so that half of it could be taken to the Rain Forest Cafe.

Just read moderator's warning ...

Facts: Non-mandatory field trip ... teacher wanted the parents to fork over money for said field trip so that half of it could be taken to the Rain Forest Cafe.

Just read moderator's warning ...

The school has no funds to offer nor do the parents. Your character is on full display by begrudging a classroom of 8 year olds, (some who won't see 14) a day of happiness on a field trip and a teacher who's job is already difficult for going above and beyond.

The school has no funds to offer nor do the parents. Your character is on full display by begrudging a classroom of 8 year olds, (some who won't see 14) a day of happiness on a field trip and a teacher who's job is already difficult for going above and beyond.

Didn't you read the moderator's warning?

Trying to burn down a civil rights building in TN plus leaving a white power symbol hardly seems fake.

It sounds strikingly similar to the Black Church that was burnt and had Trump spray painted on the side. The spin was a racist did it, but reality was a black member of the church did It.

The symbol could be a picture of frog, it waa labeled a racist symbol by the SPLC.

Like others here I'm going to need a lot more information before I make a judgment on this. Admittedly im sceptical the final story will resemble anything close to the initial one

I find it unbelievably stupid that in 2019 we still have morons stuck in the 50's and 60's.

I am sure there are morons still stuck in the 50's and 60's.But at the same time a lot of hate crime attacks tend to be hoaxes.
I'd be curious to know if the forum considers this photo to be racist as well?

View attachment 67254069

I do. I mean, if we are to be all about equality and all.

I considering it racist. Its no different than saying white power.

'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site | Reuters

(Reuters) - Racist graffiti was painted in the parking lot of a Tennessee social justice center that hosted giants of the 1960s U.S. civil rights movement, such as Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks, it said on Tuesday.

The Highland Research and Education Center, whose main office burned down last week, was home to innumerable documents, recorded speeches and artifacts from the movement that were lost in the fire, it said on its website.
====================================================
So white supremacism is not on the rise in the U.S. according to Trump. This incident is a clear indication that he is wrong on that count. After all, they are a big part of his base.

So the left can dish it out but they can't take it. How about not vandalizing Confederate statues and then you can call this whatever you want?

Back
Top Bottom