• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:81]'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site

Re: 'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site

'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site | Reuters

(Reuters) - Racist graffiti was painted in the parking lot of a Tennessee social justice center that hosted giants of the 1960s U.S. civil rights movement, such as Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks, it said on Tuesday.

The Highland Research and Education Center, whose main office burned down last week, was home to innumerable documents, recorded speeches and artifacts from the movement that were lost in the fire, it said on its website.
====================================================
So white supremacism is not on the rise in the U.S. according to Trump. This incident is a clear indication that he is wrong on that count. After all, they are a big part of his base.

Seeing how a lot of these turn out to fake I will wait for a follow up. Plus I have to wonder if its really a white power symbol or just mis-characterized as a white power symbol.

This weekend I saw a cargo train with "F*** N******!" spray painted on its side. Racist graffiti is not something you see around my general area, so I'll assume it was done elsewhere. Still odd to see though.

(Reuters) - Racist graffiti was painted in the parking lot of a Tennessee social justice center that hosted giants of the 1960s U.S. civil rights movement, such as Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks, it said on Tuesday.

The Highland Research and Education Center, whose main office burned down last week, was home to innumerable documents, recorded speeches and artifacts from the movement that were lost in the fire, it said on its website.
So white supremacism is not on the rise in the U.S. according to Trump. This incident is a clear indication that he is wrong on that count. After all, they are a big part of his base.

Because some a#%hole commits an act like this doesn't mean White supremacism is on the rise. If it did then every time a black man commits an aggressive act against a white man is black racism on the rise? There are insensitive idiots on all sides and the actions of one or two should not automatically taken as the feelings of all.

How big a part are they, quantitatively speaking?

This weekend I saw a cargo train with "F*** N******!" spray painted on its side. Racist graffiti is not something you see around my general area, so I'll assume it was done elsewhere. Still odd to see though.

Yep; makes on wonder who those black rap "artists" mean when they spew black racial slurs ...

Because some a#%hole commits an act like this doesn't mean White supremacism is on the rise. If it did then every time a black man commits an aggressive act against a white man is black racism on the rise? There are insensitive idiots on all sides and the actions of one or two should not automatically taken as the feelings of all.

You're right that one incident proves nothing. Nobody says that it does. When all the incidents are counted up and compared to numbers in previous years, that's when you learn if there is a rise in racist attacks.

You're right that one incident proves nothing. Nobody says that it does. When all the incidents are counted up and compared to numbers in previous years, that's when you learn if there is a rise in racist attacks.
It's on the rise. Here is Chicago just on St Paddy's day. Police investigating after white nationalist stickers found along South Side Irish Parade route | WGN-TV
Leah Chibe was at the parade with her three children and her husband when she saw the stickers. According to the Chicago Tribune, she tore down 20 to 25 stickers as she walked down the parade route. She also took photos of them and posted them on social media.

The stickers had the name of the American Identity Movement, which is a rebranding of Identity Europa, a well-known white nationalist and neo-Nazi group.

“This isn’t our community. Hate has no home here in the 19th Ward,” O’Shea said.

Seeing how a lot of these turn out to fake I will wait for a follow up. Plus I have to wonder if its really a white power symbol or just mis-characterized as a white power symbol.

I find it unbelievably stupid that in 2019 we still have morons stuck in the 50's and 60's.

I'd be curious to know if the forum considers this photo to be racist as well?

View attachment 67254069

I do. I mean, if we are to be all about equality and all.

Yep; makes on wonder who those black rap "artists" mean when they spew black racial slurs ...

This was not spelled in the way used by rap artists and people in the African American community. You'll have differing views in the African American community on the use of that word given its negative connotations and history. I've had many friends from the Caribbean (Jamaica, Trinidad&Tobago) who used to be very critical of African Americans use of that term since it is used as an insult.

I think that's the Jussie Smollett guys...
Right...he was assaulted by two MAGA yellin white guys, so it COULD be the same type of people. And since they havent been caught...ya know...it could very well be a hate crime spree.

All kidding aside...whoever it was they should catch them and boil their nuts. We aint got no time for this kinda foolishness.

I do. I mean, if we are to be all about equality and all.

That's horrendously stupid. Minority power is about empowerment not bigotry. White power is about bigotry.

A child should understand this.

Because some a#%hole commits an act like this doesn't mean White supremacism is on the rise.

Personally I don't think it is on the rise, I think they have just become more vocal... When you have democrats and pundits on the left attacking and disparaging white people on national television, shouldn't some level of push back be expected?

That's horrendously stupid. Minority power is about empowerment not bigotry. White power is about bigotry.

Typical liberal BS ... :lol:

Well, I am not one to sport a confederate flag or go around shouting "White P'wer! White P'wer!" but what is good for the goose should be good for the gander if we are stiving for equality.

I think they both promote bigotry. Of course, you are free to define it as you wish. But I am no more obligated to allow you to define to me what is or is not bigotry any more than you are obligated to accept my definition of what is or is not bigotry.

You can't have one rule for one class of people and not apply the same rule to another. THAT'S bigotry. And in my opinion it's incredibly stupid you don't realize that.

Whatever. Not my circus. Not my monkeys. You can be as bigoted as you want. I really don't care.

I am reminded of a book called Animal Farm. "All animals are created equal but some are more equal than others."

e·qual·i·ty

/əˈkwälədē/

noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"an organization aiming to promote racial equality"[/COLOR]
    synonyms:fairness, justness, equitability, impartiality, even-handedness, egalitarianism, equal rights, equal opportunities, nondiscrimination; More

• MATHEMATICS
      a symbolic expression of the fact that two quantities are equal; an equation.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]plural noun: equalities[/COLOR]

Last edited:

:lamo

You make some of the most embarrassingly stupid statements.

Typical liberal BS ... :lol:

No, Republicans agree.

No one in congress thinks the NAACP or Congressional Black Caucus is racist. Not a single Republican. And no one in congress believes minority power is about bigotry, not a single Republican.

So what you mean to say is, "typical non-racist BS".

:lamo

You make some of the most embarrassingly stupid statements.

A lot of people these days think only a white person can be a racist. Hell, that's racist even thinking that! LOL!

No, Republicans agree.

No one in congress thinks the NAACP or Congressional Black Caucus is racist. Not a single Republican. And no one in congress believes minority power is about bigotry, not a single Republican.

I wouldn't waste the key strokes. This is someone that called a teacher "stupid" for raising money to take her students on a field trip, that she's "begging for money so she can play Santa"

A lot of people these days think only a white person can be a racist. Hell, that's racist even thinking that! LOL!

... and he happens to be one of them. Unfortunately, if you take a college course in humanities, that's exactly what the professors will tell you. It's sad.

I wouldn't waste the key strokes. This is someone that called a teacher "stupid" for raising money to take her students on a field trip, that she's "begging for money so she can play Santa"

That is someone who believes black peoples' contribution to civilization is Wakanda.

But we oughtn't let that person pretend all Republicans are racist.

Last edited:

Ive heard many an idiot make that claim. Its just ridiculous beyond words.

People...individuals...of all races can be racist.

No, Republicans agree.

A politician would not rail against the congressional black caucus ... and the black caucus knows it and enjoys their special status.
People like Jesse Jackson made sure that every white politician fears being called racist should they ever utter a negative word against black people.

Why do you think every time a black person is being fired from a job, their first outburst is: "This is racism!"

I personally believe the congressional black caucus is racist.

A politician would not rail against the congressional black caucus ... and the black caucus knows it and enjoys their special status.

Racist swill. Next we'll be hearing about how all republicans, and even all liberals, actually agree with racists.

Spare us.

People like Jesse Jackson made sure that every white politician fears being called racist should they ever utter a negative word against black people.

Why do you think every time a black person is being fired from a job, their first outburst is: "This is racism!"

I personally believe the congressional black caucus is racist.
I believe they are race-centric but not necessarily racist. Many of their comments and actions are racial, but not necessarily racist.

I cant speak to their individual members.

Stupid teacher ... for hoping to get an additional field trip funded by parents who apparently don't feed their children and with half the cost going to The Rainforest Cafe ... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom