• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:81]'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site

Re: 'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site

what an idiotic statement

Is it really though? This morning alone, I've seen comments from posters here that read like they came from an individual that would do just this.

I don't see why they wouldn't have supplied a photo.

Probably because they have to spin the white power into said symbol first. (grin)

No, really, that symbol is a fascinating aspect of the story ... since nobody even knows for sure what exactly it means. :lol:

"... It's not a traditional, throw-it-in-your-face symbol that you would immediately recognize," Coffey told the News Sentinel on Tuesday. "But it has been used by individuals in the past.
"We have seen this symbol associated with different groups."
The sheriff said his office has requested assistance from another law enforcement agency to verify the context of the symbol. Coffey declined to specify which agency has been contacted. ..."

Highlander Center: 'White-power' graffiti found at scene of fire

Probably because they have to spin the white power into said symbol first. (grin)

No, really, that symbol is a fascinating aspect of the story ... since nobody even knows for sure what exactly it means. :lol:

"... It's not a traditional, throw-it-in-your-face symbol that you would immediately recognize," Coffey told the News Sentinel on Tuesday. "But it has been used by individuals in the past.
The sheriff said his office has requested assistance from another law enforcement agency to verify the context of the symbol. Coffey declined to specify which agency has been contacted. ..."

An outline of a MAGA hat?

Is it really though? This morning alone, I've seen comments from posters here that read like they came from an individual that would do just this.

Have you?

Are you an FBI profiler or some such?

For all we know, the Satan worshipers might have been on a prowl again and left their dark-overlord-was-here signs behind.

TDS. Losing. Fear of losing in 2020.

Oh please all we heard from the right during the Obama administration was doom and gloom. Especially when Obama put his feet on the desk and wore a tan suit. Spare us your faux outrage.

Last edited:

Fake as in hoax. Plenty of these so-called 'hate crimes' with grafitti and all that, turn out to be hoaxes. So yeah, I'll wait for follow up.

In the latest one the Trumper supposedly threw his hat on the ground and stabbed a guy in the hand outside a skating rink.

rawImage.jpg

And still no photo.

If I thought the police would let me near the place, I'd drive over and take a look. I actually do live in the area. Hopefully, we'll get a picture soon. It's got my curiosity up as well.

From your link it appears to be a Hashtag Symbol so it probalby wasnt related.

"Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Coffey confirmed the graffiti, which he described as the "hashtag symbol," was discovered at the scene Friday."

Yeah, and you're a rocket scientist.

You REALLY need to stop flirting with me; flattery will NOT get me to vote for Kamala Toe Harris! :wink2:

Oh please all we heard from the right during the Obama admission was doom and gloom. Especially when Obama put his feet on the desk and wore a tan suit. Spare us your faux outrage.

He did WHAT??? :2mad:

'White power' graffiti defaces historic Tennessee civil rights site | Reuters

(Reuters) - Racist graffiti was painted in the parking lot of a Tennessee social justice center that hosted giants of the 1960s U.S. civil rights movement, such as Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks, it said on Tuesday.

The Highland Research and Education Center, whose main office burned down last week, was home to innumerable documents, recorded speeches and artifacts from the movement that were lost in the fire, it said on its website.
====================================================
So white supremacism is not on the rise in the U.S. according to Trump. This incident is a clear indication that he is wrong on that count. After all, they are a big part of his base.

Sounds like Jussie Smolett has been busy in down in Tennessee...

From your link it appears to be a Hashtag Symbol so it probalby wasnt related.

Like I said ... "Probably because they have to spin the white power into said symbol first. ..."

I'll wait for the follow-up, since a lot of these things end up being fake.

Yup, it was probably Jussie Smollett again. :2razz:

(Reuters) - Racist graffiti was painted in the parking lot of a Tennessee social justice center that hosted giants of the 1960s U.S. civil rights movement, such as Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks, it said on Tuesday.

The Highland Research and Education Center, whose main office burned down last week, was home to innumerable documents, recorded speeches and artifacts from the movement that were lost in the fire, it said on its website.
So white supremacism is not on the rise in the U.S. according to Trump. This incident is a clear indication that he is wrong on that count. After all, they are a big part of his base.

Maybe this one isn't a hoax.

In this day and time, it's hard to tell who's behind such vandalism...people've been known to do such things to themselves for attention...:2razz:

Apparently there is video...police are asking for help identifying these two potential suspects...

5113778_013019-wls-smollett-surveillance-img.jpg

In this day and time, it's hard to tell who's behind such vandalism...people've been known to do such things to themselves for attention...:2razz:

Personally, I don't think it's a hoax. We've had racist incidents in the past, though in general I don't think we're any more racist than the country as a whole. The reason I think it's not a hoax is that people here are very straight forward. They have no problem telling you exactly who they are and where they stand.

Personally, I don't think it's a hoax. We've had racist incidents in the past, though in general I don't think we're any more racist than the country as a whole. The reason I think it's not a hoax is that people here are very straight forward. They have no problem telling you exactly who they are and where they stand.

I hope you're right, either way, it's a no win situation...

I hope you're right, either way, it's a no win situation...

Amen, sister!

Back
Top Bottom