• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:806]Trump might not have been wrong about "Internal Disinfectants" after all.

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Much has been made of Trump's "ignorant question" about the possible use of disinfectants internally, i.e. injected, ingested, or inhaled.

It appears there is at least one possibilty that may be worthy of consideration already posited by Dr. Thomas Levy. Author Dr. Thomas E Levy | MedFoxPub.com

The most convenient to receive H202 is to inhale its mist, using a nebulizer a small, handheld device that converts liquid into a very fine mist.

Surviving the Coronavirus Disease, How Hydrogen Peroxide Works - Live Trading News

Nebulized hydrogen peroxide therapy is an inexpensive and simple way to treat most viral respiratory illnesses.

Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol for Coronavirus

Hydrogen peroxide is a known "disinfectant."

The report cited suggests that, in the proportions shown and inhaled using a nebulizer along with a facemask, this could be a way to "disinfect" mucus membranes and lungs.

I guess Trump wasn't so far off the mark. Will wonders never cease?

Last edited:
re: [W:806]Trump might not have been wrong about "Internal Disinfectants" after all.

Much has been made of Trump's "ignorant question" about the possible use of disinfectants internally, i.e. injected, ingested, or inhaled.

It appears they is at least one possibly that may be worthy of consideration already posited by Dr.

Surviving the Coronavirus Disease, How Hydrogen Peroxide Works - Live Trading News

This report suggests that, in the proportions shown and inhaled using a nebulizer along with a facemask.

The chances of Trump even being aware of this obscure piece of research are next to zero. The f***er pulled it out of his ass.

re: [W:806]Trump might not have been wrong about "Internal Disinfectants" after all.

It appears they is at least one possibly that may be worthy of consideration already posited by Dr.

This report suggests that, in the proportions shown and inhaled using a nebulizer along with a facemask.

Trump may or may not have been wrong about hydroxychloroquinine either. Whether some version of it turns out to be effective is irrelevant. It is irresponsible to make statements on national television that possible cures for a deadly pandemic ravaging the country that haven't been thoroughly tested and vetted by the experts "cure the coronavirus in one minute."

For all we know, properly administered bleach in the lungs also might technically cure the coronavirus. This would not exonerate someone who casually promotes drinking bleach on national television.

Yes! H2O2 is great for cleaning your rig after injecting it! No fuss. No mess. Good bye corona!

It does really cool thing too! Bubbling up your blood stream!

Peroxide is a solution made up of hydrogen and oxygen. It is a strong oxidizer and can be used as a cleaning agent and to prevent infections. When used topically, this antiseptic foams due to the enzyme catalase. As the catalase comes in contact with the skin it turns the hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen gas.
However, many health experts warn that hydrogen peroxide should only be used topically, on the skin, and should not be ingested. According to health experts at the Swedish Medical Center in Colorado, hydrogen peroxide contains too much oxygen for the blood leading to potential issues. When your skin absorbs hydrogen peroxide, it can reduce the amount of fibroblasts, a particular cell that is imperative for cleaning and repairing damaged tissue.

There are some real or potential problems with using hydrogen peroxide. Commercial grade material cntains stabilizers that would be inhalred at the same time, with unknown healkth consequences as they build up in your lung tissue. See:

What are H2O2 stabilizers and will they affect my application?

Most commercial grades of H2O2 contain chelants and sequestrants which minimize its decomposition under normal storage and handling conditions.

The types of stabilizers used in H2O2 vary between producers and product grades. Common stabilizers include:

Colloidal stannate and sodium pyrophosphate (present at 25 - 250 mg/L) are traditional mainstays.

Organophosphonates (e.g., Monsanto's Dequest products) are increasingly common.

Nitrate (for pH adjustment and corrosion inhibition) and phosphoric acid (for pH adjustment) also are used.

Colloidal silicate is used to sequester metals and thereby minimize H2O2 decomposition in certain applications that depend on the bleaching ability of H2O2 in alkali.

This is not a complete list. I believe anthraquinone is also used as a stabilizer.

The chances of Trump even being aware of this obscure piece of research are next to zero. The f***er pulled it out of his ass.

Trump may or may not have been wrong about hydroxychloroquinine either. Whether some version of it turns out to be effective is irrelevant. It is irresponsible to make statements on national television that possible cures for a deadly pandemic ravaging the country that haven't been thoroughly tested and vetted by the experts "cure the coronavirus in one minute."

For all we know, properly administered bleach in the lungs also might technically cure the coronavirus. This would not exonerate someone who casually promotes drinking bleach on national television.

Really?

He asked what people have been labeling as "a STUPID question," and then it turns out to not have been so "stupid" after all.

Yet the response is to continue to act like he was absolutely wrong? :doh

This has been the problem all along, for over 3 years. Trump does something, it is made much of to show he is BAD. Then it turns out he was right, and not "stupid" after all...or more often the news reports were wrong and/or negative exaggerations.

The response is "Nuh unh, Trump still BAAAAD" in some way. :roll:

Then you wonder why it is so hard to credit such opinions when they are so entrenched in confirmation bias they refuse to see anything but the worst...regardless of mitigation or truth. :coffeepap:

Last edited:

I know that you're desperate to rescue your president from his latest stupid comment, but a simple Google search revealed that your claims are questionable at best:

Questionable methods of cancer management: Hydrogen peroxide and other‘hyperoxygenation’ therapies
CDC - Index of Chemicals - NIOSH Publications and Products <- H2O2 has an Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health concentration of just 75 ppm
https://assets.publishing.service.g...en_Peroxide_Toxicological_Overview_phe_v1.pdf (PDF) Inhaled H2O2 can be harmful, even fatal in sufficiently high concentrations

Shall I continue?

It might work at preventing the infection bUT it will not get rid of the virus of an infected person.
Peroxide is an oxidizer and if taken in any amountil internally will damage human cells as well as the virus. Remember the virus replicates in human cells then gets released to infect more cells.

So if you have breathed in the virus and it is on your nose and upper respiratory tract h2o2 might kill it. It will likely sting horribly. I am sure most of you have pilot it on cuts and scrapes before and felt the sting of 3% h2o2. Imagine that in your nose. Imagine that in your lungs

Peroxide is a solution made up of hydrogen and oxygen.

No it's not. H2O2 is a molecule, not a solution, usually used in the form of a dilute solution. See Hydrogen peroxide - Wikipedia. One-hundred percent H2O2 is highly explosive as well. Oxygen-oxygen bonds contain a lot of energy. Thirty percent peroxide will burn your skin.

H2O2 is used with stabilizers, many of which are solids that would remain in your lungs & have unknown long-term respiratory effects. Partial list: Common stabilizers include: Colloidal stannate and sodium pyrophosphate (present at 25 - 250 mg/L) are traditional mainstays. ... Colloidal silicate is used to sequester metals and thereby minimize H2O2 decomposition in certain applications that depend on the bleaching ability of H2O2 in alkali.

Last edited:

Trump himself said "I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen."

So was he sarcastic as he himself states or was he making a "worthy consideration"

Really?

He asked what people have been labeling as "a STUPID question," and yet it turns out to not have been so "stupid" after all.

Yet the response is to continue to act like he was absolutely wrong? :doh

This has been the problem all along, for over 3 years. Trump does something, it is made much of to show he is BAD. Then it turns out he was right, and not "stupid" after all...or more often the news reports were wrong and/or negative exaggerations.

The response is "Nuh unh, Trump still BAAAAD in some way." :roll:

Then you wonder why it is so hard to credit such opinions when they are so entrenched in conformation bias they refuse to see anything but the worst...regardless of mitigation or truth. :coffeepap:

He was absolutely wrong. It is wrong to say on national television that any drug or procedure that has not been studied thoroughly and approved for use and could have unknown side effects can "cure the coronavirus."

Trump should not have said it. Full stop. It was stupid. The reason he said it is because he is an irresponsible moron who is unqualified to lead a company, let alone a country.

It might work at preventing the infection bUT it will not get rid of the virus of an infected person.
Peroxide is an oxidizer and if taken in any amountil internally will damage human cells as well as the virus. Remember the virus replicates in human cells then gets released to infect more cells.

So if you have breathed in the virus and it is on your nose and upper respiratory tract h2o2 might kill it. It will likely sting horribly. I am sure most of you have pilot it on cuts and scrapes before and felt the sting of 3% h2o2. Imagine that in your nose. Imagine that in your lungs

Not in the diluted form suggested in the reports. Or did you bother to read? It's not simply "go out and buy a bottle of it" and start inhaling. Not unless you have the capability to dilute it properly to the levels suggested and then load the nazalizer

He asked what people have been labeling as "a STUPID question," and yet it turns out to not have been so "stupid" after all.

No, it turns out it was as stupid as it sounded. He took what the other guy said about non-organic surfaces and assumed it applied to human body. It's clear as day what he did and how stupid it was.

Getting lucky (not saying that he was in this case) does not make him any smarter or a stable genius.

You were all in on hydroxychloroquine. Your OP is stupid cult apology.

The level Trumpsters will go to defend him and excuse his constant lies and ignorance is really, really scary.

He was absolutely wrong. It is wrong to say on national television that any drug or procedure that has not been studied thoroughly and approved for use and could have unknown side effects can "cure the coronavirus."

Trump should not have said it. Full stop. It was stupid. The reason he said it is because he is an irresponsible moron who is unqualified to lead a company, let alone a country.

And again PROJECTION! He did not suggest people go out and do anything, he asked the experts about the possibility of internal use of disinfectants.

Why do you try to twist the information to suit your narrative? That has ALWAYS been the problem with arguments from the usual suspects. No matter what thanks to confirmation bias, he is wrong.

It appears there is at least one possibilty that may be worthy of consideration already posited by Dr. Thomas Levy. Author Dr. Thomas E Levy | MedFoxPub.com

The report cited suggests that, in the proportions shown and inhaled using a nebulizer along with a facemask, this could be a way to "disinfect" mucus membranes and lungs.

Thats some interesting stuff you found but I dont know why you're bothering. The Trump bigots are blind with hate for the nsn and nothing you or I can say or do will change thier minds.

I happened to catch the update that is their latest outrage over. Trump did not suggest people do anything. He turned to his health team and floated the idea to them in the form of a question. They are trying to make a big deal out of nothing most likely because it distracted everyone from the fact that the new information was hopeful. They have an agenda and its doom and gloom. They are desperate to place blame on Trump for all the pain inflicted on us.
It wont be long before he says something that they will invent a new faux outrage over.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is who Adverse is listening to:

Paul A. Ebeling, polymath, excels in diverse fields of knowledge. Pattern Recognition Analyst in Equities, Commodities and Foreign Exchange and author of “The Red Roadmaster’s Technical Report” on the US Major Market Indices™, a highly regarded, weekly financial market letter, he is also a philosopher, issuing insights on a wide range of subjects to a following of over 250,000 cohorts.

Ohhhhh!!! He's a PHILOSOPHER!!!!

Tell ya what...if you catch this bug, take a cheap nebulizer, an aquarium pump and some H2O2 and huff it for twenty minutes and report back.

why did Trump come out and say he was being scarcastic?

You guys always pull this ****.

The guy is an ass hole, period.

The level Trumpsters will go to defend him and excuse his constant lies and ignorance is really, really scary.

You mean the level of truth seeking? Rather than simply buying a news report hook, line, and sinker?

Well, some of us prefer to look at the facts ourselves, rather than subsisting on things that reinforce confirmation bias. :coffeepap:

Who said we were allowing a rebuy? If you went all-in on HCQ and were made a fool of, that's it. You gotta stop. You can't just keep pushing all-in with 7-2.

This is who Adverse is listening to:

Ohhhhh!!! He's a PHILOSOPHER!!!!

Tell ya what...if you catch this bug, take a cheap nebulizer, an aquarium pump and some H2O2 and huff it for twenty minutes and report back.

Apparently you did not actually look to the source. Did you miss the link I provided to the physician used by both sources?

In your rush to denigrate, you show your own faults. :coffeepap:

Wrong again. Trump says he was just being sarcastic.

So what kind of a leader of this country gets up for a briefing and tries to be funny during a situation that has crippled our nation.

I call him a POS leader.

You mean the level of truth seeking? Rather than simply buying a news report hook, line, and sinker?

Well, some of us prefer to look at the facts ourselves, rather than subsisting on things that reinforce confirmation bias. :coffeepap:

If you seek the truth why not just believe Trump when he says he was just being sarcastic? Or you're not that gullible?

And again PROJECTION! He did not suggest people go out and do anything, he asked the experts about the possibility of internal use of disinfectants.

Why do you try to twist the information to suit your narrative? That has ALWAYS been the problem with arguments from the usual suspects. No matter what thanks to confirmation bias, he is wrong.

So was he just flat out lying today when he said he was asking the reporters a sarcastic question?

"I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen."

Back
Top Bottom