• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:794]Bloomberg pays fines for 32,000 felons in Florida so they can vote

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

The Florida Rights Restoration Coalition estimated Bloomberg's fundraising push has already paid off monetary obligations for 32,000 felons.

"The right to vote is fundamental to our democracy and no American should be denied that right," a Bloomberg spokesperson told the news outlet. "Working together with the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition, we are determined to end disenfranchisement and the discrimination that has always driven it."

This is smart.

If Biden wins Florida by a slim margin he will owe it to Bloomberg.

This combined with Bloomberg's ad spend should put Biden over the top:

This is smart.

This has been a topic for nearly a year...specifically Bloomberg paying off the fines of the ex-felons. I wondered if that would be logistically or even legally possible and, well, I guess I have my answer.

Now Republicans have to figure out how to disenfranchise those 32,000 voters.

This is smart.

Lock him up!

Huh? This is a joke right?

Based on what rationale?
buying votes is illegal. we need any anf all documentation and investigate who where how and why the money was paid and what was asked for in return.

he posted why. you not reading bot surprising.

This is smart.

The guy has crazy money

This has been a topic for nearly a year...specifically Bloomberg paying off the fines of the ex-felons. I wondered if that would be logistically or even legally possible and, well, I guess I have my answer.

Now Republicans have to figure out how to disenfranchise those 32,000 voters.
actually it isn't legal it is called vote buying.

he even admitted to buying the votes to the news. how stupid is that.

buying votes is illegal. we need any anf all documentation and investigate who where how and why the money was paid and what was asked for in return.

Get right on that, let us know when you have anything to report, maybe you can find those 3 million illegal voters in California and throw in Obamas Birth Certificate while you're at it.

Get right on that, let us know when you have anything to report, maybe you can find those 3 million illegal voters in California and throw in Obamas Birth Certificate while you're at it.
nothing as usual dismissed. i already posted the link where he admitted to buying them.

nothing as usual dismissed. i already posted the link where he admitted to buying them.

No one admitted to buying anything. These folks are gonna get to vote and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it. How ya like them apples? DEMOCRACY.

There is zero evidence that anything is a quid pro quo.

This is about people being allowed to vote....

No one admitted to buying anything. These folks are gonna get to vote and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it. How ya like them apples? DEMOCRACY.
you didn't read the link. he did buy them for the specific purpose of them voting for biden.
he admitted it. that is a federal felony i do believe.

frankly i don't really care except it needs to be investigated if he broke the law. these people can't be bothered to follow the law to begin with. i seriously doubt voting is the first thing on their mind.

How is that buying votes? Bloomberg isn't telling them who to vote for, nor is he even telling them to vote. He's simply removing the monetary barrier for them if they want to register and vote.

How is that buying votes? Bloomberg isn't telling them who to vote for, nor is he even telling them to vote. He's simply removing the monetary barrier for them if they want to register and vote.
from bloomberg himself in an article i posted in this very thread.

We know to win Florida we will need to persuade, motivate and add new votes to the Biden column. This means we need to explore all avenues for finding the needed votes when so many votes are already determined,' Bloomberg said in a written statement.

he just admitted to buying votes for joe biden.

you didn't read the link. he did buy them for the specific purpose of them voting for biden.
he admitted it. that is a federal felony i do believe.

frankly i don't really care except it needs to be investigated if he broke the law. these people can't be bothered to follow the law to begin with. i seriously doubt voting is the first thing on their mind.

“These people.” YAHTZEE!

How come cons‘ hot take is always how trash our system is? Felons shouldn’t have the right to vote despite serving their time and being released. You guys loathe this country.

“These people.” YAHTZEE!

How come cons‘ hot take is always how trash our system is? Felons shouldn’t have the right to vote despite serving their time and being released. You guys loathe this country.
the law on this is clear that all fines must be paid.

ps i voted for this amendment to pass. i thought it was a good amendment to have. i expect people to follow the law just as i have to follow the law.

if i get caught or busted i have to pay my fines as well. yes we know leftists loathe this country we hear it every single day. i wish they would do what they always promise to do but lie and that is to simply move.

go to canada. go to mexico. just like you guys always say you are going to. leave the rest of us in peace.

H
The guy has crazy money
He could buy Trump's Russian debt and rule him with less of a fraction of his net worth worth it takes most of us to buy a gumball...

the law on this is clear that all fines must be paid.

ps i voted for this amendment to pass. i thought it was a good amendment to have. i expect people to follow the law just as i have to follow the law.

if i get caught or busted i have to pay my fines as well. yes we know leftists loathe this country we hear it every single day. i wish they would do what they always promise to do but lie and that is to simply move.

go to canada. go to mexico. just like you guys always say you are going to. leave the rest of us in peace.

That’s a poll tax. No one has the right to disenfranchise an American’s right to vote once they are a free citizen.

That’s a poll tax. No one has the right to disenfranchise an American’s right to vote once they are a free citizen.
He thinks owing the state money is enough to deny people their allegedly inalienable right to vote.

Think about the lack of life experience one needs to have to push his ideas in a room full of adults.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

That seems like an OBVIOUS conflict of interest and he should be immediately fired. If he just personally paid fees himself instead of getting laws changed. Oh wait hes the ex mayor so I guess its ok?

This is smart.

I floated this idea in a tweet more than a month ago. As long as the newly empowered voters register, it can make a difference.

It was also discussed in a NYT op-ed. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/opinion/bloomberg-florida-felon-debts.html

He thinks owing the state money is enough to deny people their allegedly inalienable right to vote.

Think about the lack of life experience one needs to have to push his ideas in a room full of adults.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

My guess is owing money has virtually nothing to do with any of this. IF I were forced to guess.

No, I can’t imagine how myopic that purview is. It must be suffocating most days.

That seems like an OBVIOUS conflict of interest and he should be immediately fired. If he just personally paid fees himself instead of getting laws changed. Oh wait hes the ex mayor so I guess its ok?
What are the interest that is in conflict? Who's going to fire Bloomberg?
If Bloomberg wants to spend his own money to get people he doesn't know their voting rights back, there is nothing stopping him.

Back
Top Bottom