• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:794]Bloomberg pays fines for 32,000 felons in Florida so they can vote

He has been at it for a few years. Half these guys are the internet equivalent of cicadas. Lay in rest for some time, but one day, they end up making so much noise, it is impossible to ignore what their goal is.

Maybe he thinks Bloomberg has a system to make sure they held up their side of a non-existent agreement?

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

My own take? Panic over Black people voting. That’s their assumption. Can’t have that. Ever. Never. Not those people.

Do you owe a charity a favor if they pay off your bills or give you money? Is there some .written or verbal agreement that it is conditional (which would be a favor)? If someone offers to watch your kids or drive you to the voting place, is that illegal because now you owe them?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Of those disenfranchised from voting around 23% of them are black. What are the odds that they will vote Democrat? Bloomberg knows full well what he’s doing.

"[Under Florida law] it’s a third-degree felony for someone to either directly or indirectly provide something of value to impact whether or not someone votes," Gaetz explained. "So the question is whether or not paying off someone’s fines and legal obligations counts as something of value, and it clearly does.

It may come to nothing (the rich have a way of escaping justice) but it is being investigated. Usually if it walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. There’s a good chance it is a duck.

Of those disenfranchised from voting around 23% of them are black. What are the odds that they will vote Democrat? Bloomberg knows full well what he’s doing.

It may come to nothing (the rich have a way of escaping justice) but it is being investigated. Usually if it walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. There’s a good chance it is a duck.

Doesnt matter. What are the odds that someone without a car or ride to the poliing place, someone who needs a babysitter so they can vote will vote for a certain Party?

It won't come to anything because there is no law that says you can't help someone to get the opportunity to vote because you believe they may vote for the candidate you support. That is not buying votes.

They would have to show that those convicts made some sort of commitment to vote for receiving their fines being paid for. There is no obligation for them to vote. It merely provides them with the opportunity to do so, for whoever they want.

You dont think Bloomberg would look into the laws on this?

Doesnt matter. What are the odds that someone without a car or ride to the poliing place, someone who needs a babysitter so they can vote will vote for a certain Party?

It won't come to anything because there is no law that says you can't help someone to get the opportunity to vote because you believe they may vote for the candidate you support. That is not buying votes.

From Bloomberg himself (same article)
A Bloomberg memo first reported by the Washington Post read: “We know to win Florida we will need to persuade, motivate and add new votes to the Biden column. This means we need to explore all avenues for finding the needed votes when so many votes are already determined.”

“The data shows that in Florida, Black voters are a unique universe unlike any other voting bloc, where the Democratic support rate tends to be 90%-95%," the memo continued.
Are you gonna deny that Bloomberg has a game plan to improve Biden’s chances of winning Florida?

If you get money from a charity, does that mean you are indebted to vote or vote for who you think they want you to vote for? Because this is essentially what is being claimed. What if it was a Catholic charity in a highly contentious year? Even if they started preaching against same sex marriage and abortion and how religious voices were being oppressed, then handed out voter registration forms or even just pointed to voting as the way to make changes?

Are you gonna deny that Bloomberg has a game plan to improve Biden’s chances of winning Florida?
If its legal.its fair

I'm denying that he demanded anything in exchange for his charity. There wasn't even a demand to vote. No quid pro quo. Those felons are free to not vote at all or even vote for Trump. There's is no influence there because it was simply done to increase those who could vote. Just as voter drives on military bases increase those votes. Without any sort of explicit or even implicit demand to even vote in exchange for the charity, it can't legitimately be viewed as illegal unless other charities that ever mention any political issues or stances could do so as well.

That’s a poll tax. No one has the right to disenfranchise an American’s right to vote once they are a free citizen.
It isn't a poll tax. They are required to finish their sentence. part of their sentence are any fines levied against them.
You once again prove you have no clue what you are talking about.

It isn't a poll tax. They are required to finish their sentence. part of their sentence are any fines levied against them.

Why should someone wealthy have immediate access to voting vs someone poor?

Poll tax.

Why should someone wealthy have immediate access to voting vs someone poor?

Poll tax.
your strawman is running away you better go get it.

Is there a requirement for how that fine is paid?

Is there a requirement for how that fine is paid?
Nope, but you are not allowed to vote buy which is what bloomberg admitted to doing.

your strawman is running away you better go get it.

Your concession that you are out of ammo means I don’t have to run at all.

Nope, but you are not allowed to vote buy which is what bloomberg admitted to doing.

Are you familiar with what he has done or just taking a headline and offering your "legal" opinion?

If it is considered a charity paying off something for you, it is unlikely you have to pay taxes on it.

If it is considered a charity paying off something for you, it is unlikely you have to pay taxes on it.

The article isn't clear how the transaction is conducted. It says that Mr. Bloomberg raised funds so the source is somewhat vague. The organization indicates that donations are tax-deductible. They may be subject to IRS rules, so that isn't guaranteed. As for the recipient, it could be in a gray area, but that's doesn't invalidate your statement. As always, subject to IRS interpretation.

There was no condition to even vote put on paying off those fines. You cant be said to be buying votes if the person is under no obligation to vote in exchange for the money.

That is left to be determined. The AG for Florida is investigating.

LMAO... That's what an AG says when they want to placate someone... There is nothing illegal here...

I'm denying that he demanded anything in exchange for his charity. There wasn't even a demand to vote. No quid pro quo. Those felons are free to not vote at all or even vote for Trump. There's is no influence there because it was simply done to increase those who could vote. Just as voter drives on military bases increase those votes. Without any sort of explicit or even implicit demand to even vote in exchange for the charity, it can't legitimately be viewed as illegal unless other charities that ever mention any political issues or stances could do so as well.

These people don’t do anything without research. Bloomberg in his own words (see above) knows that by paying these fines the odds are in favor of Biden. He’s not stupid. Do you really think he would do this if the odds were in favor of Trump benefiting?

These people don’t do anything without research. Bloomberg in his own words (see above) knows that by paying these fines the odds are in favor of Biden. He’s not stupid. Do you really think he would do this if the odds were in favor of Trump benefiting?
So what?

Investigate away. You got nothing so far

What they mean is some GOP DA is gonna try to block. This is AMerican now: Republicans can’t get elected nationally anymore so no one who might possibly vote for a Democrat must be disenfranchised.

Back
Top Bottom