• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:78]Forum rules updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Link at the top of the page: Forum Rules

Changes: (9/15/2021)
1. Added rule 2a to clarify SPAM rule
2. Edited for grammar - thanks @nota bene !!!
3. Updated Advertising rule (in short, no advertising)
4. Added items from addendum, including Vegas rule to keep everything centralized and in one post

Thanks for participating in the best Political forum on the planet. :)

Last edited:
Looks like rule 2a is aimed at my calling out of fake news sites.

All the smart people know that Tyler durden isn’t posting real news anyway

If you mean your plagiarism of content from other sites that ignores the thread topic and just attacks the source of information, regardless of the information's veracity, then yes, it seems to do just that.

2. Grammar - thanks @nota bene !!!
4. Added items from addendum, including Vegas rule to keep everything centralized and in one post

Rule 2a typo: "cut/past"

If you mean your plagiarism of content from other sites that ignores the thread topic and just attacks the source of information, regardless of the information's veracity, then yes, it seems to do just that.

Well that's not partisan, is it?

🍿.. this should end well.

Posting MediaBiasFactCheck's amateur opinion is hardly 'calling out of fake news sites'.
It more like denigrating sites, via amateur opinion, who's opinions you don't agree with, rather than factually challenging the content of that opinion. Intellectually lazy.

2. Grammar - thanks @nota bene !!!

Re: 2A. I have a feeling Nota Bene was pissed off at the fact that I have several arguments that I use...and yes, cut and paste...in the abortion forum. She comes into that forum, comments, and then refuses to engage in discussion. That's fine, that's anyone's choice. However she complained that it was the same old thing over and over and it was abusive to newcomers. @nota bene

1st, if they're newcomers, they havent seen it before. Many times it's new information for them, period. It's pretty common that people dont pay much attention to the 'other side' of their issues.
2nd, I'd like clarification on whether or not cutting and pasting arguments in threads is a forum violation? They are not rude or empty of discussion, they are constructive and on-topic. Is there some reason I should have to re-type them each time? As I wrote to her, I do update them with new info but, 'if it aint broke, why fix it?'

I'm doing the same thing re: covid arguments too. Is there a reason that I should have to re-type the same thing? And for the most part they are respectful and constructive.

Is this a forum violation? Thank you.

Posting MediaBiasFactCheck's amateur opinion is hardly 'calling out of fake news sites'.
It more like denigrating sites, via amateur opinion, who's opinions you don't agree with, rather than factually challenging the content of that opinion. Intellectually lazy.

And that's just one publication.

What's wrong with pointing out that the source sucks?

Doesn't alter the facts of MediaBiasFactCheck's amateur and left leaning opinion you are so fond of citing, without any sort of contribution of your own. 🤷‍♂️

Your post above is only more of the same.

It's OK though. I've learned to ignore the vast majority of your posts which only cite MediaBiasFactCheck, so it's all good here. ;)

Yeah I reread the rules but didn’t see it either
I mean, I'm not opposed to perma-ban for failure to use the proper form of "their" or "too" but getting nickle and dimed for missing a comma or using a colon instead of a semicolon seems excessive. Also, I struggle with remembering the proper way to use plural possessives. I may have even dangled my participles once or twice but, truth be told, I don't even remember what they're for at this point in my life.

Doesn't alter the facts of MediaBiasFactCheck's amateur and left leaning opinion you are so fond of citing, without any sort of contribution of your own. 🤷‍♂️

Your post above is only more of the same.

It's OK though. I've learned to ignore the vast majority of your posts which only cite MediaBiasFactCheck, so it's all good here. ;)

All I see is partisan rage. Why reference fake news sites? Why not reference Associated Press or Reuters?

Because those stories aren't real.

Yep, I liked your source posts..once per thread if its a terrible source in the OP wasn't too obnoxious IMO.

Because you offer no comment beyond that and while zerohedge is a hack site most of the time they are offering opinions on real news. So claiming a bad site on something that is real news is just trolling because you don't agree with the opinion

Because you offer no comment beyond that and while zerohedge is a hack site most of the time they are offering opinions on real news. So claiming a bad site on something that is real news is just trolling because you don't agree with the opinion

But why start with a bad reference to a site that has a history of printing fake news?

Why not start with a reference to Associate Press or Reuters or a dozen other legit media outlets?

Why should we have to vet the news source when there are many legit news sources out there?

2a is not targeted at anyone or anything other than situational.

I'm guessing the grammar in the rules, not a "grammar rule". As in Nota found some mistakes and he corrected them?
Oh crap... where did I screw up? Nota is perfect!!

All I see is partisan rage.
No partisan rage here.
Why reference fake news sites? Why not reference Associated Press or Reuters?
You really think that those cites aren't pushing their politically preferred agenda? 🤣
Just happens to align with your political views doesn't condone higher or better status.
What's wrong with refuting the content rather than from where it may come?
Because those stories aren't real.
I'm reading 'I refuse to accept anything which isn't what I agree with'. That'd be your cross to bear, not mine.

I mean, I'm not opposed to perma-ban for failure to use the proper form of "their" or "too" but getting nickle and dimed for missing a comma or using a colon instead of a semicolon seems excessive. Also, I struggle with remembering the proper way to use plural possessives. I may have even dangled my participles once or twice but, truth be told, I don't even remember what they're for at this point in my life.
It's/Its...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom