• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:78]Forum rules updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not about it being ignored. Everyone can still read it but if it's posted more than once it's usually a direct response to a poster.
Everybody can read it the 1st time...posting the same post over and over is being obnoxious and childish...

I'd like clarification on whether or not cutting and pasting arguments in threads is a forum violation? They are not rude or empty of discussion, they are constructive and on-topic. Is there some reason I should have to re-type them each time? I do update them with new info but, 'if it aint broke, why fix it?'
2a. Spam Posting – What constitutes spam posting can be but is not limited to the excessively repeated posting of a meme within a thread or across many threads or excessively repeated posting of cut/past responses within a thread or across many threads. Excessive and obnoxious reposting of the same content degrades the quality of the thread and makes arguments/discussion difficult. The repeated content need not be advertising. Moderator discretion will apply.

I'm doing the same thing re: covid arguments too. Is there a reason that I should have to re-type the same thing? And for the most part they are respectful and constructive.
Is it excessive and obnoxious?

Yes, in longer threads they might be posted more than one time, or they may be a response to a different poster.

If you're copy/paste button is used more than any other letter on your keyboard, it very well could be excessive.

2a. Spam Posting – What constitutes spam posting can be but is not limited to the excessively repeated posting of a meme within a thread or across many threads or excessively repeated posting of cut/past responses within a thread or across many threads. Excessive and obnoxious reposting of the same content degrades the quality of the thread and makes arguments/discussion difficult. The repeated content need not be advertising. Moderator discretion will apply.

If you're copy/paste button is used more than any other letter on your keyboard, very well could be excessive.
Those things are in the 'eye of the beholder'...like the mod or the people that dont like the arguments...but as I 'frequently' post, little in life is black and white and that dependency is rather simplistic so...thank you.

Those things are in the 'eye of the beholder'...like the mod or the people that dont like the arguments...but as I 'frequently' post, little in life is black and white and that dependency is rather simplistic so...thank you.
The 2a clarification has nothing to do with you, Lursa.

If you're copy/paste button is used more than any other letter on your keyboard, it very well could be excessive.
It still says "cut/past."

As much as we would like, and do try, to eliminate the "eye of the beholder" things, there will always be some stuff that just, by its very nature, really is "eye of the beholder". Be aware that we mods all look at all infractions and do not hesitate to question and play devil's advocate kinda thing. You are not going to be targeted.

As much as we would like, and do try, to eliminate the "eye of the beholder" things, there will always be some stuff that just, by its very nature, really is "eye of the beholder". Be aware that we mods all look at all infractions and do not hesitate to question and play devil's advocate kinda thing. You are not going to be targeted.

I wasnt worried much about being targeted...I'm pretty adaptable...and I do give the mods more credit than that. I really just wanted the clarification. I dont hide the fact that I save stuff in OneNote and cut and paste it to save on typing.

There's a lot of facets involved in providing clarity & readability - punctuation is a key component.

(So says the guy who over-uses hyphens!)
Nota was infracting me for semicolon errors - when I got to 28 points I switched to hyphens.

@Luce also called out my excessive comma usage (it's true) so I've switched to parentheses to be safe.

Nota was infracting me for semicolon errors - when I got to 28 points I switched to hyphens.

@Luce also called out my excessive comma usage (it's true) so I've switched to parentheses to be safe.
Just make sure you don't use these when brackets are more correct. ;)

We should just switch to only using emoji.

You can't have bad grammar if there are no rules in the first place.

And that's just one publication.

What's wrong with pointing out that the source sucks?

Is that part of the forum rules changes? That we cannot point out what we feel is an unreliable source?

Oh, people would argue that the correct emoji wasn't used. ;)

Is that part of the forum rules changes? That we cannot point out what we feel is an unreliable source?
No, that is not part of the rule changes.

No partisan rage here.

You really think that those cites aren't pushing their politically preferred agenda? 🤣
Just happens to align with your political views doesn't condone higher or better status.
What's wrong with refuting the content rather than from where it may come?

I'm reading 'I refuse to accept anything which isn't what I agree with'. That'd be your cross to bear, not mine.
Sorta' like how the trump supporters and the gop in general refuses to believe trump lost the last election? I don't agree trump lost so in my mind he's still president. I think that's what you really meant to post?

•ißÊL1ÊVÊwéSHÖULDàllßÊréqu1rédTÖpôstUS1NGthéCAMnéwtônSYSTÊM•

•ißÊL1ÊVÊwéSHÖULDàllßÊréqu1rédTÖpôstUS1NGthéCAMnéwtônSYSTÊM•
Į̸̡̡̤̘̘̫̭̭̗̜͙̝̀̐̾̑͋͆͘͠ͅͅ ̷̯̥̙̙̮̓́a̸̬̼̥̼͍̙͙̗̙̐̅̌̈́̄͋̓m̷̯̥͇̝͖̦̿̐̒̋͋̓͌ ̵̢̛̛̘͔̬̳̼̫͍̭̼̂̈́̈́́̂̀͌͂̋͜͝͠ͅn̷̨̡͕͓͖̹̬͖̘͎̞̞̺͑̇́̆̈́͋̈̒̕̕o̷̤͋̔͛̌͆̍̓̽̕t̴͖͉͓̎̽̋́̈́͊̂̉̽̏͗ ̷̗̺̲͙̬̟̳̱̹̞̎̅̍̑̈́́͝͠͝s̸̡̭̤͗͗̏u̵͎͉̱̗͉̬̣̤̺͛̔͑̈́̅̎̿̽̄͗̓̆͝͠ř̸͕̪̦̌̽̉̄̃̆̇̑́̿e̸̞̮̗͈̾͛̍̊̊͌̏̎́̉̐͋ ̸̧̦̱̥̖͎͔̘͖̺̭̼̮͌́̏̆͘͜͠İ̶̪̙̫͆͝ ̶͈͎̼͔͔̩̱̯͈̪̱̈̿͗͒̔͒͋́a̴̹͚̲̗̳̤̓͛̒̋̾̓͜g̶͉͎̟͕̺̘̩̙̤̜̮̤͆͐͋̾̊́̎͒̈́̓̍̏̂̕̕r̴̨̧̳͙̰̩̲̲̋̓͊̋͗̾͒̆̒͝͝͠͝e̴͖̯̝͈̘͇̍̏͋ͅe̷͓̮̖̻̬̒̀̄͐̈͒̀͊͌̃̄͋̚̚͠ ̸̤̲̝̠̀̿w̴̡̼̼͖̰̹͍͐̑̊̄̂͐̆͂͝͝ͅį̶̤̩̦̝̜̣̍̍̀̌ţ̴̮͔͙̙͈̣͖̭͈̱̲͒͋̂̒ͅĥ̸̘͇̣͍͉̺̜̳͇̾̿̔̄͒̌́̑̃̐̚͜͜͝ ̸̨̨͍̯̳̗̜̪̫̹̮͆̈̓̈́̿͊̊̈͛̀̅̋͜ỳ̵̨͓͇̲ǫ̵̼̣̰̹̬̍͆̈́̒̉̍̐̎̊̈́̈́̀̀ư̵̛͇̫̜̑̉̓̄̓͂͒́̓͂̄̎ ̶̨͍̟̖͚͈̘̄͊̀̆̽͋̀̂̊͋̾̄̚͠͠o̴̢͎͎̩̳͙̤͑̒̍̀̐͜͝ͅn̸͇̳̪̹̾̿̒ ̷̡̧̧̭͎̝̹͎̣͙̙͎̤̞̒̒̀͊̈͘t̷̼̰̯͖̒̽͒͑̅̐̀̈́̀͑͗̀͘h̷̛͓͙̒̇̅̍̈̋̀̌͑͐͑͛i̷̛͕̖̦͎̯̰̗͎̹͗s̵̜̒̍̔̃̆̄͂̉́̾̆̈̀͂̚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom