• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#7426]How will Brexit go?***W:46]***

How will Brexit go?

• Total voters
Moderator's Warning:
Stop the flame-baiting. Thread bans have been issued. Stay on topic or more will follow.

These vaccines are experimental …Wakey , Wakey .
Which is more nonsense, they were not, wakey wakey, try the facts. Just because they had been given provisional approval did not make them "experimental". And now that they have full authorization they are totally not even close to experimental. And it is now that Austria is talking about mandated vaccines, not when the vaccine just came out. And even then it was not experimental.

Moderator's Warning:
Stop the flame-baiting. Thread bans have been issued. Stay on topic or more will follow.
Sorry, my post was made before I saw the warning.

Well, they're ****ed.
Customs is a very specific field and you need expert knowledge. The UK has been free from these things for a lot of years (when dealing with Europe). Getting the correct specific tariff from the combined nomenclature is not an easy thing. Make one mistake in that and you are screwed. If you get things wrong with the forms and you are screwed. If 1/3 of all the businesses is not prepared then they are really in deep trouble when January 2nd comes around. Because if the form is not right, you can and will either pay too much or too little and that will lead to big fines and big trouble.

Customs is a very specific field and you need expert knowledge. The UK has been free from these things for a lot of years (when dealing with Europe). Getting the correct specific tariff from the combined nomenclature is not an easy thing. Make one mistake in that and you are screwed. If you get things wrong with the forms and you are screwed. If 1/3 of all the businesses is not prepared then they are really in deep trouble when January 2nd comes around. Because if the form is not right, you can and will either pay too much or too little and that will lead to big fines and big trouble.

Might have some elderly retired people being lured back to work.

Might have some elderly retired people being lured back to work.
but are they willing, there isn't enough staff for some kinds of jobs in the UK and getting foreigners for this too will be way too difficult.

but are they willing, there isn't enough staff for some kinds of jobs in the UK and getting foreigners for this too will be way too difficult.
I'm talking about the people that can navigate the customs issues.

They'd be yanking top dollar.

I'm talking about the people that can navigate the customs issues.

They'd be yanking top dollar.
But to find enough of them is terribly difficult. The UK was part of the EU for such a long time that it will be difficult to find them.

And that is very difficult is foster a very good relationship with the customs officials. I know all about that. Where I worked importing cars from the US/Mexico and we had to export them to outside of the EU (having a limited bonded warehouse we had to have the customs stamp all our documents). The previous lady who worked there was a person with a rotten attitude and had an attitude with the customs officials. Which is very bad, so one of my first trips to the new customs office (in the middle of the town center on the main thorough fare) they asked me where the cars were, trying me out a bit I guess. But they wanted to see the cars, so I make sure they saw the cars. I sent 6 auto-trailers with each 8 or 9 cars on them to the customs office. It was a sight to behold, they had a bit of a traffic impairing presence because I had them park all of them on the side of that big thorough fare. I had no issues with the officials, they asked I provided. But they never asked me to have the cars ready for inspection at the customs office. From that day forward they agreed that as soon as I had the stamp I had to hold the drivers for 1 hour at our warehouse so that they could come and check.

Later I guided that company to a full bonded warehouse, so we could stamp and tabulate our own cars but it took me 9 months to fix the problems that previous woman had caused with wrong documents, badly filed documents, etc.

Then I got a new boss, a pompous ass if I ever saw one and they hired an assistant for me. If I had a day or 2 off, afterwards he whined like a little wiener that when my assistant did the customs work it was done much faster. Which was true, but then it took me a full week to correct her mistakes and smooth these issues over with the customs office. So she was fast, but made a lot of mistakes, something you cannot do with customs. You do it right once and then that is done. Correcting mistakes takes a multitude of time you saved by working fast and inaccurate.

The lesson in customs is easy, don't have an adversarial relationship with your local customs office and work precisely. Taking 2 hours more to make the correct documentation rather than spend 2 days correcting the faulty document.

The English companies who do not have their customs solved are going to have to find staff fast and hope that they are accurate and a bit submissive when working with customs officials.

Even The Fail is starting to realize things aren't looking rosy.

Shoppers face threat of more empty shelves in New Year as new post-Brexit border controls on animal and plant imports hit fully

Though they think British hauliers will be prepared and the issue will be with EU hauliers, while the truth is neither are prepared, but EU hauliers will just stop deliver to Britain.
Don't worry the Australian trade deal will save them....in 10 years when it becomes fully active and the UK has lowered their animal right standards and other standards to the Aussie levels....Just need to hold out for a decade!

Lockdowns need to be celebrated with booze, dontcha know.

100 invited to Downing Street garden lockdown drinks

While this happened there was a strict lockdown and people were dying.

Meanwhile the US and EU ended the Trump era Steel Trade War.... but it's till going on between US and UK.

UK steel future uncertain without US tariffs deal

Also meanwhile, since farming is going away in Britain anyways, rewilding is probably a good move.

Farmers could be paid for post-Brexit 'rewilding' land changes

Last edited:
Lockdowns need to be celebrated with booze, dontcha know.

100 invited to Downing Street garden lockdown drinks

While this happened there was a strict lockdown and people were dying.

Meanwhile the US and EU ended the Trump era Steel Trade War.... but it's till going on between US and UK.

UK steel future uncertain without US tariffs deal

Also meanwhile, since farming is going away in Britain anyways, rewilding is probably a good move.

Farmers could be paid for post-Brexit 'rewilding' land changes

The irony of the rewilding is that the EU was paying many for this exact same thing.

Back
Top Bottom