• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:74] pestilence, fire, wind and water - What say evangelicals?

Jonsa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump's America is being crippled by plague, scorched by fire, flattened by wind and drowned by water. isn't that one helluva lot of acts of god? surely the big guy is telling his believers something,and I don't think its "vote for trump and I'll let up".

While dismissive of religious dogma, I do seriously wonder why this hasn't dawned on those righteous moral people who held their noses to vote for corrupt amoral man, that perhaps the confluence of natural disasters SIMULTANEOUSLY with Trump's 4 day long Republican Anointment Ceremony might actually mean something.

Trump's America is being crippled by plague, scorched by fire, flattened by wind and drowned by water. isn't that one helluva lot of acts of god? surely the big guy is telling his believers something,and I don't think its "vote for trump and I'll let up".

While dismissive of religious dogma, I do seriously wonder why this hasn't dawned on those righteous moral people who held their noses to vote for corrupt amoral man, that perhaps the confluence of natural disasters SIMULTANEOUSLY with Trump's 4 day long Republican Anointment Ceremony might actually mean something.

Dont worry. There are meteors coming. They should hit the day before the election.

Dont worry. There are meteors coming. They should hit the day before the election.

The Hammer of God, by Arthur C. Clarke. Done to literary death.

It seems that many Christians ignore a lotta things...such as, the fact that the Bible tells us Jesus established a Kingdom that has no borders and is full of people of all nationalities...the Bible makes clear we are citizens of another Kingdom...Ephesians 2:19-22...a Christian's mission is global...Matthew 28:19-20...our allegiance is not ultimately to the success of the country we live in...a huge conflict of interest arises when a Christian supports any earthly government...as a followers of Jesus, you cannot value your country to the exclusion or detriment of another...that’s the opposite of what the Gospel taught us...

Because these so called christians like the one who just resigned from liberty university use their religion as a weapon against the dems. God is punishing america for homesexuality, for sex before marriage, for the corruption in people's hearts, for transgenders, and all the other things their god hates...unless of course it's republicans performing these same acts.

It seems that many Christians ignore a lotta things...such as, the fact that the Bible tells us Jesus established a Kingdom that has no borders and is full of people of all nationalities...the Bible makes clear we are citizens of another Kingdom...Ephesians 2:19-22...a Christian's mission is global...Matthew 28:19-20...our allegiance is not ultimately to the success of the country we live in...a huge conflict of interest arises when a Christian supports any earthly government...as a followers of Jesus, you cannot value your country to the exclusion or detriment of another...that’s the opposite of what the Gospel taught us...

This is actually true and while hard times are hitting the US, it has always been quite rough in many parts of the world and quite consistently for multiple centuries at this point.

People in the US enjoy a level of safety and security that is not shared by most of the people in the world and we may say "this is the apocalypse!!!111!!11!1oneone!!!eleven!!!1!!" because things are happening to us, but globally, this sort of thing is nothing new.

Lol - with the anarchy happenning in the USA I'm more likely to think God is telling the USA, Trump is your only chance! :lamo

Kidding aside.....think about it:

The last time I heard, all those you mentioned are not exclusively happening in the USA alone. Look at Lebanon, as an example. It's bad enough to be in a pandemic and going bankrupt - then that big explosion happened! Could it be maybe God's telling them something?

What about Canada? The future looks bleak here too, you know - what with our economy tanking.

What makes you think these calamities are all about Trump? :lol: Or, they're about anything in particular?

It's a pandemic, right? That means, it's global!
And earthquakes and volcanoes and typhoons and floodings, etc. are happening everywhere! They're not only in the USA.
BTW, protests against governments are happening in other places too!

Then, there are the false preachers of all sorts! From those who preach that there are many paths to God (not just Christ), to those who preach there is no eternal punishment, and it's okay to kill your babies after all your body is your own.....etc..,

Maybe ............it's all about the overall moral corruption of the world?

Last edited:

It's just a 6.5 foot one, and it only has a 1% chance of hitting the earth. It's actually to small to get to the ground.

pestilence, fire, wind and water - What say evangelicals?

I am sure that they like all this a lot!
Because they are sure that they will be spared, where-as those pagan Catholics will perish.

Someday it will dawn on them, I hope!

What does the bible say about moral leadership?

Because these so called christians like the one who just resigned from liberty university use their religion as a weapon against the dems. God is punishing america for homesexuality, for sex before marriage, for the corruption in people's hearts, for transgenders, and all the other things their god hates...unless of course it's republicans performing these same acts.

Seems to me God waited until Trump before he started really punishing America.

Since 1 John 5:19 tells us "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one" we should not expect any moral leadership from it...

Seems to me God waited until Trump before he started really punishing America.

So....you're saying that Trump is annointed by God to be president. :lol:

Whether evangelicals voted for him or not, if God wants Trump - Trump will win, no matter what! :shrug:

So....you're saying that Trump is annointed by God to be president. :lol:

Whether evangelicals voted for him or not, if God wants Trump - Trump will win, no matter what! :shrug:

Good catch, Tosca, but I think you're looking through the wrong end of the telescope. Trump is coincidental to God's purposes, but the real issue is that the forces of pig headedness (read: forces of evil) need to get rid of the the three things standing between them and control: white men (you see it here all the time), Christianity (you see THAT here all the time, too) and Trump.

The OP is just trying to deflect blame. God is not punishing us, they are, for daring to elect who we want instead of who they want.

Last edited:
Good catch, Tosca, but I think you're looking through the wrong end of the telescope. Trump is coincidental to God's purposes, but the real issue is that the forces of pig headedness (read: forces of evil) need to get rid of the the three things standing between them and control: white men (you see it here all the time), Christianity (you see THAT here all the time, too) and Trump.

The OP is just trying to deflect blame. God is not punishing us, they are, for daring to elect who we want instead of who they want.

/// The OP is just trying to deflect blame. /// <---- Are you presenting this positive claim as a 'statement of fact', or merely your 'personal opinion'? If it's the former, you have a burden of proof to meet. If it's the latter, each poster can determine for themselves as to the validity of your positive claim.

Nope, those aren't "acts of God", those are acts of people who lit matches, destroyed property, and killed people. And you should be dismissive of religious dogma, because you're not very good at it.

/// The OP is just trying to deflect blame. /// <---- Are you presenting this positive claim as a 'statement of fact', or merely your 'personal opinion'? If it's the former, you have a burden of proof to meet. If it's the latter, each poster can determine for themselves as to the validity of your positive claim.

Its enough for me to know that your panties are in a twist. People who know the truth will believe me.

Its enough for me to know that your panties are in a twist. People who know the truth will believe me.

Why so much difficulty telling the posters if you are posting a 'statement of fact', or posting 'your personal opinion'? Are you unclear as to which of the two your positive claim is? It certainly appears so based on the 'fact' you totally dodged a fair and simple question, along with your misguided reference to another poster's underwear. That is just weird and perverted that you would even go there.

Why so much difficulty telling the posters if you are posting a 'statement of fact', or posting 'your personal opinion'? Are you unclear as to which of the two your positive claim is? It certainly appears so based on the 'fact' you totally dodged a fair and simple question, along with your misguided reference to another poster's underwear. That is just weird and perverted that you would even go there.

Actually, I'm dodging you. Don't like it? Too bad.

Actually, I'm dodging you. Don't like it? Too bad.

NO, that is obviously not true. All can see above you hit the 'reply with quote' attached to my screen name, and dodged the 'question': not the poster who posed the question. That does help explain your confusion, however. Your schooling continues.

NO, that is obviously not true. All can see above you hit the 'reply with quote' attached to my screen name, and dodged the 'question': not the poster who posed the question. That does help explain your confusion, however. Your schooling continues.

For the benefit of those playing along at home, every time I have ever answered your demands you ignore it and change the subject. I'm not allowed to call you a troll but it's clear that's what you are doing. Have a blessed day.

Quit crying.

It says that those who seek to lead must be servants. The biggest problem is that non Christians know nothing about Christianity, and that includes Jehovahs Witnesses. They might as well be a political party themselves, watering down orthodox Christianity and babbling about Satan being in charge as if the situation is hopeless and there is nothing the Church can do about it. This doomsday attitude has caused believers to neglect the world we are supposed to be serving, allowing to to be destroyed a brick at a time while they sit on their suitcases waiting for the rapture.

Back
Top Bottom