• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:74] pestilence, fire, wind and water - What say evangelicals?

It says that those who seek to lead must be servants. The biggest problem is that non Christians know nothing about Christianity, and that includes Jehovahs Witnesses. They might as well be a political party themselves, watering down orthodox Christianity and babbling about Satan being in charge as if the situation is hopeless and there is nothing the Church can do about it. This doomsday attitude has caused believers to neglect the world we are supposed to be serving, allowing to to be destroyed a brick at a time while they sit on their suitcases waiting for the rapture.

Rapture...lol...nonsense...some so called Christians deny what the Bible says, so who are they, really? Matthew 7:13,14...

Rapture...lol...nonsense...some so called Christians deny what the Bible says, so who are they, really? Matthew 7:13,14...

Hey, you guys have been predicting the end of the world for over 100 years and it hasn't happened yet. I guess you missed the part in the Bible where it says "no one knows the hour or the day except for the Father".

Trump's America is being crippled by plague, scorched by fire, flattened by wind and drowned by water. isn't that one helluva lot of acts of god? surely the big guy is telling his believers something,and I don't think its "vote for trump and I'll let up".

While dismissive of religious dogma, I do seriously wonder why this hasn't dawned on those righteous moral people who held their noses to vote for corrupt amoral man, that perhaps the confluence of natural disasters SIMULTANEOUSLY with Trump's 4 day long Republican Anointment Ceremony might actually mean something.

its not being scorched by fire as that is actually registered democrats

Hey, you guys have been predicting the end of the world for over 100 years and it hasn't happened yet. I guess you missed the part in the Bible where it says "no one knows the hour or the day except for the Father".

Yeah, Jesus also commanded us to "stay awake"...and here you are making fun of what the scriptures say...go figure...:roll:

Yeah, Jesus also commanded us to "stay awake"...and here you are making fun of what the scriptures say...go figure...:roll:

You're confused, I am making fun of what you say, not what the Scriptures say.

Whoops! Christians fighting. :inandout:

Really? You may wanna check that comment...some are Christian in name only...their minds are as filthy as they get...

No, I don't think so.

So you assert, but really, all your conceit aside, how would you know?

The Bible tells us how to recognize a Christian...I know a hypocrite when I see one...if you have a problem with recognizing one, maybe you should read the Bible more so you won't be deceived...

The Bible tells us how to recognize a Christian...

Experience has shown me that the Watchtower Society really isn't all that adept at Biblical interpretation.

I know a hypocrite when I see one...if you have a problem with recognizing one, maybe you should read the Bible more so you won't be deceived...

All your conceit aside, how would you know what I know?

Last edited:
Experience has shown me that the Watchtower Society really isn't all that adept at Biblical interpretation.

All your conceit aside, how would you know what I know?

Can't you read? I said the Bible... I also know you called another poster a Christian, when truth is, he's far removed from being one...

Whoops! Christians fighting. :inandout:

Jehovahs Witnesses are not Christian any more Scientologists are. The Scientology cult is the product of L. Ron Hubbard's imagination, a cheesy science fiction/fantasy writer.

Jehovah's Witnesses are likewise a cult conceived by Charles Taze Russell, who have from the beginning claimed that mainstream Christianity are heretics based on their own flawed interpretation and have done their best to distance themselves from the Church, which is Christiannity as taught by Christ himself, up to and including their insistence on claiming the Jesus was actually hung on a "torture stake" as opposed to a "T" or a cross, as propagated by the Roman Catholic Church.

As you can see, JWs will claim that everybody else is the "non-Christian", especially the RCC or any mainstream Christian believer. The organization was eventually taken over by Franklin Rutherford, who modeled their recruitment methods after a pyramid scheme. They claim to do charitable work but will not disclose how their charitable donations are spent. They also believe in barbaric practices such as shunning relatives for minor offenses, such as receiving blood transfusions, offering flimsy scriptural support as their rationale.

Their dogmatics are entirely non-Christian, starting with their claim that Jesus was actually Michael the Archangel. They're not Christian's in name only, they are not Christians at all.

Finally, they have dishonestly rewritten parts of the Bible in support of their flawed theology, a demonstrably non-Biblical practice.

Last edited:
Jehovahs Witnesses are not Christian any more Scientologists are. The Scientology cult is the product of L. Ron Hubbard's imagination, a cheesy science fiction/fantasy writer.

Jehovah's Witnesses are likewise a cult conceived by Charles Taze Russell, who have from the beginning claimed that mainstream Christianity are heretics based on their own flawed interpretation and have done their best to distance themselves from the Church, which is Christiannity as taught by Christ himself, up to and including their insistence on claiming the Jesus was actually hung on a "torture stake" as opposed to a "T" or a cross, as propagated by the Roman Catholic Church.

As you can see, JWs will claim that everybody else is the "non-Christian", especially the RCC or any mainstream Christian believer. The organization was eventually taken over by Franklin Rutherford, who modeled their recruitment methods after a pyramid scheme. They claim to do charitable work but will not disclose how their charitable donations are spent. They also believe in barbaric practices such as shunning relatives for minor offenses, such as receiving blood transfusions, offering flimsy scriptural support as their rationale.

Their dogmatics are entirely non-Christian, starting with their claim that Jesus was actually Michael the Archangel. They're not Christian's in name only, they are not Christians at all.

Finally, they have dishonestly rewritten parts of the Bible in support of their flawed theology, a demonstrably non-Biblical practice.

"Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit." Matthew 7:17

“Either you make the tree fine and its fruit fine or make the tree rotten and its fruit rotten, for by its fruit the tree is known." Matthew 12:33

"It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.” Matthew 15:11

Put away from yourselves every kind of malicious bitterness, anger, wrath, screaming, and abusive speech, as well as everything injurious." Ephesians 4:31

But now you must put them all away from you: wrath, anger, badness, abusive speech, and obscene talk out of your mouth." Colossians 3:8

"Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit." Matthew 7:17

“Either you make the tree fine and its fruit fine or make the tree rotten and its fruit rotten, for by its fruit the tree is known." Matthew 12:33

"It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.” Matthew 15:11

Put away from yourselves every kind of malicious bitterness, anger, wrath, screaming, and abusive speech, as well as everything injurious." Ephesians 4:31

But now you must put them all away from you: wrath, anger, badness, abusive speech, and obscene talk out of your mouth." Colossians 3:8

Projection ^

Projection ^

"Offspring of vipers, how can you speak good things when you are wicked? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man out of his good treasure sends out good things, whereas the wicked man out of his wicked treasure sends out wicked things. I tell you that men will render an account on Judgment Day for every unprofitable saying that they speak; for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matthew 12:34-37

Can't you read?

Of course I can so you can dispense with that idiotic crap.

I said the Bible...

No **** Einstein? You said 'maybe I should read the Bible' and of course, I have, and I have translated selected passages of Jerome's Vulgate. Furthermore, I clearly know the texts better than many Christians, so again, how do you know what I know?

I also know you called another poster a Christian, when truth is, he's far removed from being one...

I think many of you are far removed from being Christians as you do not display humility, but you do evince superciliousness and conceit.

Of course I can so you can dispense with that idiotic crap.

No **** Einstein? You said 'maybe I should read the Bible' and of course, I have, and I have translated selected passages of Jerome's Vulgate. Furthermore, I clearly know the texts better than many Christians, so again, how do you know what I know?

I think many of you are far removed from being Christians as you do not display humility, but you do evince superciliousness and conceit.

Hockey puck...you know squat about the Bible and much less about what defines a true Christian...keep on defending the vile excuse for a priest...:roll:

Back
Top Bottom