• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:73] Why would god create an unstable planet?

Yes, God is all powerful but He also created man with free will...man chose to disobey God so he has to suffer the consequences...the law of reaping what you sow goes into effect...
I've a hard time wrapping my head around this concept. If we have free will to disobey then why eternal punishment. Why does god not accept that some are flawed and leave them to their own devices without the eternal punishment in hell part. A creator disappointed in its creation who punishes its creation for being a disappointment makes no sense to me.

Are you a good man and do you allow another to suffer if you can help them. If god is good he would do the same otherwise he is not good.
That would go against God's law of reaping what you sow now, would it not? Also His allowance of man having free will?

I've a hard time wrapping my head around this concept. If we have free will to disobey then why eternal punishment. Why does god not accept that some are flawed and leave them to their own devices without the eternal punishment in hell part. A creator disappointed in its creation who punishes its creation for being a disappointment makes no sense to me.
Sounds a lot like a cat playing with a mouse.

Yep which one of the reasons I keep posting the Epicurus meme in religious threads.

There are but 2 choices in life...good and bad...disobedience to our Creator or obeying...there is no in between, no sitting on the fence, no neutral...that is the extent of free will for humans...we either choose life or we choose death...that has been the choice since the creation of Adam and Eve...

“See, I do put before you today life and good, and death and bad." Deuteronomy 30:15

Is it? God was honest with man from the beginning..."But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die"...no eternal burning in hell...just death...non existence...life or death...

we either choose life or we choose death.
But those who choose bad don't get death, they get eternal life in the lake of fire. I think a true death with no afterlife in either heaven or hell would be the worst punishment.

There are but 2 choices in life...good and bad...disobedience to our Creator or obeying...there is no in between, no sitting on the fence, no neutral...that is the extent of free will for humans...we either choose life or we choose death...that has been the choice since the creation of Adam and Eve...

“See, I do put before you today life and good, and death and bad." Deuteronomy 30:15
The problem is that if god is only good then he could only provide one choice.

But those who choose bad don't get death, they get eternal life in the lake of fire. I think a true death with no afterlife in either heaven or hell would be the worst punishment.
When you throw anything into fire, what happens? It turns to ashes...it is no more...

The problem is that if god is only good then he could only provide one choice.
Then we would be robots, programed/forced to do as He says...

Then we would be robots, programed/forced to do as He says...
So. Then he would not have to watch us suffer like a cat with a mouse. You should consider how an absolute good god can allow evil unless he created it and that means he is not good.

When you throw anything into fire, what happens? It turns to ashes...it is no more...
I was never taught that. It is tenet of catholicism and the christian sects to which I was exposed growing up that bad souls go to hell and stay there:
Jesus Christ says in Matthew 25:41, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE, prepared for the devil and his angels." In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." HELL IS FOREVER! All who enter hell — abandon all hope!

So. Then he would not have to watch us suffer like a cat with a mouse.
The choice is still ours...shall we be obedient to our Creator or not? Shall we choose to benefit ourselves or not? When you buy a product, do you listen to the manufacturer or do you choose for yourself how to treat that product?

“I, Jehovah, am your God,
The One teaching you to benefit yourself,
The One guiding you in the way you should walk." Isaiah 48:17

The choice is still ours...shall we be obedient to our Creator or not? Shall we choose to benefit ourselves or not? When you buy a product, do you listen to the manufacturer or do you choose for yourself how to treat that product?

“I, Jehovah, am your God,
The One teaching you to benefit yourself,
The One guiding you in the way you should walk." Isaiah 48:17
You did not answer the whole question.
You should consider how an absolute good god can allow evil unless he created it and that means he is not good.

HELL IS FOREVER! All who enter hell — abandon all hope!
Well, it is...forever out of existence...fire destroys, does it not? Fire in the Bible does not represent everlasting torment but everlasting destruction...

"The soul who sins is the one who will die." Ezekiel 18:4

You did not answer the whole question.
There again, you are presuming God is not allowing free will for His creation...to allow free will, an all powerful, all knowing God has to allow evil...if not, there is no free will...

There again, you are presuming God is not allowing free will for His creation...to allow free will, an all powerful, all knowing God has to allow evil...if not, there is no free will...
So god created evil an suffering.

So god created evil an suffering.
No, of course not...Satan, man, and their choices created evil...don't pass the blame...

And in what condition were they created? Perfect...
Apparently not since they were vulnerable to temptation and disobedience. I appreciate your fervent belief and that you take the time to respond even though we are worlds apart in belief.

Apparently not since they were vulnerable to temptation and disobedience. I appreciate your fervent belief and that you take the time to respond even though we are worlds apart in belief.
A vehicle is created perfect, without any flaws, and yet the owner abuses it, what happens?

No, of course not...Satan, man, and their choices created evil...don't pass the blame...
So god didn't create every thing?

A vehicle is created perfect, without any flaws,
Not possible. There are flaws, some benign some not, in everything humans create.

Back
Top Bottom