• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: #72] Chicago shooter was Antifa Leftist... Media narrative about Trump support falling to pieces...

Dude, you'll keep saying what the media says to say and when it turns out this kid was like the dude that drove his truck into a parade, I .E. a lefty the media will stop talking about this and so will you.
You need to stop blaming the media for your stupidity-filled threads. It's not the media's fault that you can't even remember things you wrote just a few hours prior.

Not that it matters what side the dude is on, but why not wait until all the facts are in?
I think this dude was just another product of the toxic troll culture that has become more and more prevalent online....we keep trying to minimize it and excuse it away as no big deal.....to the extent he is a Trump supporter, that is more based on Trump being a troll himself than it is anything else...

and the thread that unites most of these toxic trolls is accelerationism....Neo-nazis, neo-confederates, incels, misogynists, etc, etc, -- all of them are united by this ideology....basically the belief is that if "capitalism's internal contradictions and instabilities" intensifies; that will accelerate the end of the establishment/system and a new one can be remade...and for the right-wingers, that system will no doubt be a white ethno-state...

I think this dude was just another product of the toxic troll culture that has become more and more prevalent online....we keep trying to minimize it and excuse it away as no big deal.....to the extent he is a Trump supporter, that is more based on Trump being a troll himself than it is anything else...

But that's the entire point, the fact that Trumpism as a political force amplifier has empowered the trolls in our society faster and better than a century and a half of women's rights, peace, environment, labor relations, even foreign policy and economics. Trolling is almost a more powerful force than relig....wait a second, trolling IS the new religion!!
And Trump is more important than Jesus Effing Christ.

Does anyone else remember how the citizens of Trump Fan Nation were desperate to blame Bernie Sanders for the guy who shot Steve Scalise? I do. Now here they are, pretending this creep isn't one of their fellow Trumpists.

But that's the entire point, the fact that Trumpism as a political force amplifier has empowered the trolls in our society faster and better than a century and a half of women's rights, peace, environment, labor relations, even foreign policy and economics. Trolling is almost a more powerful force than relig....wait a second, trolling IS the new religion!!
And Trump is more important than Jesus Effing Christ.
Trolling was always around....but without the aid of social media/networking to amplify it...

One can call the Westboro Church, early trolls.....except they showed up in real life to "troll" the funerals of gay people and soldiers -- that was 100% of what today's toxic trolling consists of....

000214f4-1600.jpg

Most of these online trolls would never do face to face confrontation like that - but they will definitely post memes on 4Chan or call someone the n-word 50 times on Discord while giggling.....but I will say....the right-wing side of the ideological spectrum are the most beholden to trolling because it substitutes for the fact they have no policies to address the shit they are trolling about...

Does anyone else remember how the citizens of Trump Fan Nation were desperate to blame Bernie Sanders for the guy who shot Steve Scalise? I do. Now here they are, pretending this creep isn't one of their fellow Trumpists.

The Trump flags are just there to throw us off and make us think he isn't a lefty.

Sad thing is, high profile mass shootings are largely believed to have increased so much due to copy-cat effects.
So constantly pushing this guys picture and name and notoriety are a cause for more copy cast shooters...

Sad thing is, high profile mass shootings are largely believed to have increased so much due to copy-cat effects.
So constantly pushing this guys picture and name and notoriety are a cause for more copy cast shooters...
Yes it is all because of the media. The fact that we have more guns than people here has nothing to do with it. In reality what responsible nations do about this is get rid of some guns and that is what works every time. Not that you care a bit.

Trolling was always around....but without the aid of social media/networking to amplify it...

One can call the Westboro Church, early trolls.....except they showed up in real life to "troll" the funerals of gay people and soldiers -- that was 100% of what today's toxic trolling consists of....

View attachment 67400262

Most of these online trolls would never do face to face confrontation like that - but they will definitely post memes on 4Chan or call someone the n-word 50 times on Discord while giggling.....but I will say....the right-wing side of the ideological spectrum are the most beholden to trolling because it substitutes for the fact they have no policies to address the shit they are trolling about...

Multiply Fred Phelps' band of crusaders by a factor of several thousand, hook them up with a couple of wealthy hostile foreign adversaries, feed them foie gras style with every RW think tank on the planet, infuse them with mountains of cash from "think tanks" and give them their very own captive cable news network, no wait, give them THREE of those.
(now with NewsMax and OAN added)

And to paraphrase the famous speech in "Devil's Advocate"...

You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire. You build egos the size of cathedrals. Fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse. Grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green gold-plated fantasies until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own god.

We are WAY WAY past the days of the old Westboro Baptist Church. We're even way past the Malheur Wildlife Refuge Seige.
All that shit is now mainstream Republican Party thought and policy.

Yes it is all because of the media. The fact that we have more guns than people here has nothing to do with it. In reality what responsible nations do about this is get rid of some guns and that is what works every time. Not that you care a bit.

Please understand I am 100% on the side of dramatically changing gun laws in the U.S.

I am specifically talking about these young male shooters that go to schools and or other crowded areas. There is some data that suggests these *in particular* are happening more and more in recent years, because of copy-cat effect.
I thought the media was supposed to not be showing their pics/names any longer due to that.

Yes in addition to that, if we had much stricter gun laws, that would help too obviously...

Read more here:

The OP is just fanning the flames, all in a pureile attempt to score political points by showing one-sided photos that stretch the imagination.
Help make him famous Renae..

Yet another Trumpster trying to politicize a tragedy.. And failing miserably...

47=Biden...lol...Epic fail...

I was at my desk at work when this epic post happened....

Just snap-shooting the gravity of this moment...

Moderator's Warning:
The topic isn't other posters. Stick to the topic, or get out of this thread. Posts prior to this are still subject to moderation.

Back
Top Bottom