• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 67] Shireen Abu Akleh: Al Jazeera reporter killed by Israeli gunfire

They're f***ing fascists. Pure and simple.
Clearly you don't understand the word's meaning which fits you more than anyone you probably ever used it against.

The Palestinians don't trust an Israeli led investigation. They have good reason to suspect the IDF will conclude it was 'just an accident' with no repercussions. But would they really not cooperate with an independent international investigation, or is that just a Fox talking point?
Who trusts the Palestinians?
IDF investigations have always been conducted with professionalism. It's the PR that I agree there are issues with.
And Abbas' statements were initially that he would not cooperate with anyone, now it changed and he says he's willing to involve the international commuinity, we'll see.

The real question is why was such a large riot police contingent necessary so close for a funeral? It was pretty obvious that this would result in confrontation, doubly so due to the cause of death of the deceased. Of course, such critical thinking is never exercised, so instead they charged into the funeral procession.
I tend to agree mostly. I referred to the outcome and how the police officers haven't just acted unprovoked, not to whether or not the police acted as good as they could have. They nearly never do.

The Palestinians don't trust an Israeli led investigation. They have good reason to suspect the IDF will conclude it was 'just an accident' with no repercussions. But would they really not cooperate with an independent international investigation, or is that just a Fox talking point?
Well, considering there was an exchange of fire between the two sides, no way to determine who shot the reporter without forensic analysis on the bullet round.

Okay that's all fair comment.

However, then let's not waste time by 'assuming' it was some Palestinian gunman that talking heads have fabricated and may not have even been at the scene. The reporters themselves were filming the Israelis.

Let's not waste time blaming the victims for 'pointing a camera.': on today's battlefield yes accidents happen, but an Israeli soldier knows the difference between a camera and a gun and knows what colors the press wear. They also know when the press is in the area filming.
I agree that Israeli soldiers are familiar with press being present in every single warzone and battlefield. Hence why her death by Israeli soldier's fire in Jenin would be strange.
I suggest you to wait and see what actual developments are made.

Clearly you don't understand the word's meaning which fits you more than anyone you probably ever used it against.

The irony of your post is quite hilarious.

Nice projection.

No, unlike you I don't care about a human being's location or ethnicity. They are all equal and deserving of humane treatment in my eyes, even the fascist Israeli police in the video.

No, unlike you I don't care about a human being's location or ethnicity. They are all equal and deserving of humane treatment in my eyes, even the fascist Israeli police in the video.
Your previous posts sing a different song.

I agree that Israeli soldiers are familiar with press being present in every single warzone and battlefield. Hence why her death by Israeli soldier's fire in Jenin would be strange.
I suggest you to wait and see what actual developments are made.
Well I wouldn't say 'strange' because stray Israeli fire is just as familiar to those journalists as their presence is to Israelis - to say nothing of the IDF's poor record when it comes to civilian casualties in general.

The most likely cause of Abu Aklah's death under the circumstances remains the IDF. But you are also correct we don't know till we know.

Well, considering there was an exchange of fire between the two sides, no way to determine who shot the reporter without forensic analysis on the bullet round.
Well at least the IDF vlaimx to be doing that much, testing the rifles if its troops in the fight.

Who trusts the Palestinians?
IDF investigations have always been conducted with professionalism. It's the PR that I agree there are issues with.
And Abbas' statements were initially that he would not cooperate with anyone, now it changed and he says he's willing to involve the international commuinity, we'll see.
the Palestinians are suspect, you insist

let's look at the Goldstone Report

Israel refused to cooperate with the investigation, claiming anti-Israel bias in the UNHRC.

She's listed as a Palestinian-American. What are the implications of a US ally deliberately killing an American citizen?

Remember Omar Asad ? Remember Rachel Corrie?

The sad truth is that the leaders of the US value Israeli relations over the lives of its citizens. It's a money/strategy thing.

Very similar since the two were killed by Palestinians firing at IDF.

You don't have a good record on such matters imo. Recall that your claim that Mr Murtaja, killed in Gaza 2018, was flying a drone " above the heads of " IDF soldiers at the time of his shooting was not true.

Additionally only Muhammad Al Durrah was killed, his father survived and lives in a refugee camp in Gaza. Accuracy matters.

AFAIK there has been NO definitive evidence to identify who actually fired the bullets at both son and father and so your certainty is built on nothing tangible.

All in all not looking too good for you on this.

What about the beating of the mourners? Were they Palestinians dressed as Israeli soldiers/police too?

You don't have a good record on such matters imo. Recall that your claim that Mr Murtaja, killed in Gaza 2018, was flying a drone " above the heads of " IDF soldiers at the time of his shooting was not true.

Additionally only Muhammad Al Durrah was killed, his father survived and lives in a refugee camp in Gaza. Accuracy matters.

AFAIK there has been NO definitive evidence to identify who actually fired the bullets at both son and father and so your certainty is built on nothing tangible.

All in all not looking too good for you on this.

What about the beating of the mourners? Were they Palestinians dressed as Israeli soldiers/police too?
Spare me the usual nonsensical drivel, you have voiced support over thousands of comments for anyone willing to murder innocent civilians and your opinion doesn't matter.

Spare me the usual nonsensical drivel, you have voiced support over thousands of comments for anyone willing to murder innocent civilians and your opinion doesn't matter.

Rant on but you made, for the record, no attempt to comment on your lying about the circumstances of the murder of mr Murtaja.

No acknowledgement that you were wrong about who died in the Al Durrah incident.

No comment on the fact that there has been NO definitive evidence to say who actually fired the bullets that killed Muhammad and thus your claim is bog standard speculation based on a personal bias.

No comment on the Israeli army/police beating of the Palestinian mourners trying to bury Shireen.

That you think your own opinion matters is hysterical.

Rant on but you made, for the record, no attempt to comment on your lying about the circumstances of the murder of mr Murtaja.

No acknowledgement that you were wrong about who died in the Al Durrah incident.

No comment on the fact that there has been NO definitive evidence to say who actually fired the bullets that killed Muhammad and thus your claim is bog standard speculation based on a personal bias.

No comment on the Israeli army/police beating of the Palestinian mourners trying to bury Shireen.

That you think your own opinion matters is hysterical.
Whatever you're requiring of me I already replied to either to you before or to others in this thread.
I just don't consider your views as something that's relevant considering your history, surely you'd agree that your opinion as someone so radical and extremist who supports actual murder has no worth.

Goldstone report, named after the person who admitted it was a biased project of the anti-semitic UNHRC org, sure.
after the fact and where the other members of the investigation team said his subsequent comments were lies, that the UN Report under his name was accurate

after the fact and where the other members of the investigation team said his subsequent comments were lies, that the UN Report under his name was accurate
Yes well fake 'reports' like that one don't tend to recover from being labeled biased pile of trash by their very creator.

Yes well fake 'reports' like that one don't tend to recover from being labeled biased pile of trash by their very creator.
it was an official UN report
he was the lead investigator
he signed the report under his own name
was he lying then or now?
do i believe you or the other report investigator who also signed that report?
your posting habits indicate to me that you are obligated to post in defense of the israeli government
thus, i find you other than an objective forum member in this IP forum

the Palestinians are suspect, you insist

let's look at the Goldstone Report

When mentioning the Goldstone Report you will be met, by Jewish supremacists and their fellow travellers, with cries that he retracted his endorsement of it. That is true but the story of based on what and why is the most interesting part, along with the fact that all of the other never retracted their support for the report and stand by it.

He retracted on April Fools Day. He based his retraction on new material but the new material he cited confirmed what the Goldstone Report had also established. In short what he cited would not have made anyone change their mind and that's why the other heads of the report stood by it.

Needless to say that Goldstone himself was subjected to the same vile hate campaign any other Jewish person is subjected to if they dare criticize Israeli state policy / actions and it is likely that is the real reason he chose to recant.

If you read Norman Finkelstein book " Goldstone Recants " he walks you through it and it becomes obvious that Goldstone bent under the pressure

Whatever you're requiring of me I already replied to either to you before or to others in this thread.
I just don't consider your views as something that's relevant considering your history, surely you'd agree that your opinion as someone so radical and extremist who supports actual murder has no worth.

I don't " require" anything from you lol I learned long ago that your commentary is just Jewish supremacism trying to be passed off as rational analysis. That your commentary is inaccurate, as it has been here again. That you engage in major league projection. That you are prone to lie, as in the case of Mr Murtaja etc etc

Back
Top Bottom