• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#657]America added 678,000 jobs in February, smashing forecasts

Plus upward revisions to the prior two months' numbers and an uptick in the labor force participation rate.

Pour one out for the Russian trolls out there who have to attack this report for rubles that are now worth toilet paper squares.

Looks like America continues to head in the right direction, despite rising inflation and costs for goods, adding 678K jobs in February, which exceeded economists' forecasts.

Unemployment dropped to 3.8%, which is also good news.
It's good that the trend is heading in the right direction in terms of employment. The continued decline in Omicron cases should help some of the impacted industries recover over the next few months I imagine; there's been good growth in leisure/hospitality but there's still a way to go before reaching pre-pandemic levels.

am i the only one who looks for the first person to come in and try to suck all the positivity out of the room (in the good jobs threads)?

i just wanna see who is first. who wins the Schleprock award for each of these threads.

am i the only one who looks for the first person to come in and try to suck all the positivity out of the room (in the good jobs threads)?

i just wanna see who is first. who wins the Schleprock award for each of these threads.
Just wait til Conservative jumps in and shits over America continuing to recover.
He hates when America is doing well.

Well that's a given, but you can make it more entertaining by guessing how many posts get in before that begins. I'm in before "b..b..but returning jerbs!!"
;)

Well at least part of the economy is moving in the right direction. That's good to see.

Looks like America continues to head in the right direction, despite rising inflation and costs for goods, adding 678K jobs in February, which exceeded economists' forecasts.

It's always great to see good economic news on a Friday morning.

Unemployment keeps dropping. The Stock Market keeps rising. Our home values keep increasing (remember what happened to them in 2008?).

I'm very glad to see this. Thank you for sharing.

Just wait til Conservative jumps in and shits over America continuing to recover.
He hates when America is doing well.
That should be refined a bit, because it's about who is in power when America is doing well more so than the country doing well.

the pandemic had to play out the way it did (don't listen to the people who say it was fake, etc) and then the recovery was going to happen.

now, if the loser ex-president were still in office he would be bragging that he created every single job and that he's the greatest of the great.

can the democrats just be a little self congratulatory? just a hair?

Really good trend. Leisure and hospitality is down by 1.5 million jobs compared to February 2020, so still some room for improvement there. I was surprised to see that the healthcare sector is down by 306,000 jobs compared to pre-pandemic numbers.

This is a terrible report... This will just further exacerbate the shortage of labor that Biden has created... Biden failure....

Thought I would try the other side for a post or two... :ROFLMAO:

Really good trend. Leisure and hospitality is down by 1.5 million jobs compared to February 2020, so still some room for improvement there. I was surprised to see that the healthcare sector is down by 306,000 jobs compared to pre-pandemic numbers.
I am not surprised that healthcare is down that much. They've been in the frontlines for 2 years, and are burnt out. I am not surprised many left the field.
Hopefully with COVID cases slowing down, there will be an uptick in jobs.

You also need to post Biden's polling to make it complete.

Dang it! Still working on it.. Thanks for the coaching...

I should probably also add that this will make the border crisis worse since there are more jobs for employers to hire illegals..

If Trump was president during this the right would be ecstatic about it. They would be dancing up and down, and ready to give the president all the credit. But because we elected President Biden, the right will not be interested in any such good news.

Why do i see 'Help Wanted' signs in every store front window if unemployment is 3.8%?

Is this more of that D.C. math where they stop counting people who dropped out of the work force, so it looks like unemployment is low?

Why do i see 'Help Wanted' signs in every store front window if unemployment is 3.8%?

Is this more of that D.C. math where they stop counting people who dropped out of the work force, so it looks like unemployment is low?

LMAO.... You should have thought about this a little bit before posting... Did you miss the part about labor participation rate?

...because almost everyone who wants a job has one. Leaving competition for labor more fierce than at any time in recent memory.
Or maybe unemployment is so low is because everyone has 2 jobs

Back
Top Bottom