• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#657]America added 678,000 jobs in February, smashing forecasts

Really good trend. Leisure and hospitality is down by 1.5 million jobs compared to February 2020, so still some room for improvement there. I was surprised to see that the healthcare sector is down by 306,000 jobs compared to pre-pandemic numbers.
The drop in Leisure and Hospitality is one of the drivers of inflation. Consumers are spending less on services like going out to eat and more on goods. I suspect there is a lot of burnout in healthcare that are driving those numbers.

Well it's interesting that @Conservative did not start this thread because that poster is the first one to start one when the numbers were not so positive...will he even join this thread???
Oh, he'll be around to spout the same nonsense. To him, jobs don't actually count if you have ever in your life had a job before. Only "new" jobs" count, which is really just a stupid way of tracking population growth instead of employment.

Why do i see 'Help Wanted' signs in every store front window if unemployment is 3.8%?
You don't think that it could possibly be that there aren't any people who are suitable for that work that are able to take it, do you?
Is this more of that D.C. math where they stop counting people who dropped out of the work force, so it looks like unemployment is low?
Ummm - that's the way the the "official" unemployment numbers have been calculated for decades longer than you have been alive.

If you want, you can always consult "Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization" as prepared by the Bureau of Labor Standards of the government of the United States of America to see the measures (other than the U-3) that the US government uses.

Have you ever considered actually doing some research rather than whining?

For sure, but I suspect that will change now that cases are in decline across the board and spring is coming. The drinks and services subset did really well, and that's good news for small businesses in this sector because they've been hit really hard throughout all of this. Restaurants had the food option, but bars were stuck in a really hard place; some pivoted to delivering food (the ones who had food menus) but were moving into an already really competitive space. I expect to see gains in this subset once office workers head back to the offices. Fingers crossed no surprise variants gum up the works.

It's not that surprising given all of the stories of burnout and a lot of people making their way out due to the stress and overall frustration. I would bet that this sector will see larger growth once the endemic status stabilizes.
And just today NYC is dropping our mask mandate for kids in school and people don't have to show a vax card to eat indoors (not sure I like this) but it's a sign of low positivity rate in NYC (2%) plus NYC restaurants and bars can start selling alcohol drinks to go again which was in place during the height of the pandemic.

Don't forget that Biden is the cause of the Ukraine war, gas prices, inflation, the baseball strike and worst of all - Biden picked a Black woman to be on the Supreme Court!
HEY!!!

You forgot to speculate about what he forced her to do in order to get the nomination.

Well it's interesting that @Conservative did not start this thread because that poster is the first one to start one when the numbers were not so positive...will he even join this thread???
What is interesting is how liberals like you continue to ignore actual verifiable results along with the effect they have on actual people outside of your household always seeking to give credit while never taking responsibility. Your loyalty to liberalism is cultlike and intellectually dishonest. It is support for the D and ignorance of the policies.

this has to be a vast national conspiracy by the Clintons and Biden......I mean how can we possibly have a good economy without a republican in white house.......hmmmm......oh wait we had a good economy the last time a democrat was in the WH......oh and yeah the time before that......

What is interesting is how liberals like you continue to ignore actual verifiable results along with the effect they have on actual people outside of your household always seeking to give credit while never taking responsibility. Your loyalty to liberalism is cultlike and intellectually dishonest. It is support for the D and ignorance of the policies.
What’s interesting is your childlike hatred of Democrats means you’re incapable of celebrating good news for Americans if the Dems are running the government. Maybe take off your partisan blinkers for once.

man. there's a lot of grumpy people that come out when there is good news.

it makes one wonder how people around them can take such negativity.

So what I'm hearing is that we have more jobs than people?

3 years ago there were no help wanted signs in every window and the service industry was fully staffed at 1/3 The wage that they offer now.

Were the people abducted by aliens?

So what I'm hearing is that we have more jobs than people?

3 years ago there were no help wanted signs in every window and the service industry was fully staffed at 1/3 The wage that they offer now.

Were the people abducted by aliens?
What are you whining about? It sounds as though you are whining about the fact that service industry workers can demand higher wages now.

What’s interesting is your childlike hatred of Democrats means you’re incapable of celebrating good news for Americans if the Dems are running the government. Maybe take off your partisan blinkers for once.
What childlike hatred of Democrats? I grew up a Democrat and have probably voted for more Democrats than you Republicans, it isn't hatred of Democrats it is hatred of today's democratic radical policies and agenda. You cannot seem to understand that reality. I believed in JFK's "ask not what your country can do for you" message whereas today's radicals are all about control and dependence creating policies. suggest you stop looking at the D and look at the policies promoted. there is a reason that 37% of the American people today support Biden's economic policies and results because they have hurt the pocketbook. Most Americans are worse off today than one year ago due to inflation

icky... need a shower... :ROFLMAO:
What is it about liberals who cannot respond to content and always make things personal. This is about policies and results that you and others want to divert from. why is that? What is it about today's liberals that creates this cult like attitude and support?

What are you whining about? It sounds as though you are whining about the fact that service industry workers can demand higher wages now.
I'm saying is realty doesn't reflect those numbers

Is this jobs report ACTUAL VERIFIABLE RESULTS?

Looks like America continues to head in the right direction, despite rising inflation and costs for goods, adding 678K jobs in February, which exceeded economists' forecasts.

Unemployment dropped to 3.8%, which is also good news.
Which unemployment number are you using to have it at 3.8%? The U-6 stands around 7% right now

"
  • The U-6 (Unemployment) rate is sometimes called the "real" unemployment rate.
  • The widely-reported official unemployment rate, the U-3, counts only people who are currently unemployed and have looked for work in the past four weeks.
  • The U-6 includes not only the unemployed but the underemployed, the "discouraged" workers who have given up looking for work, and the "marginally attached" who have left the workforce but may return at some point.
  • The U-6 is considered by many economists to be the most revealing measure of a country’s employment situation.
  • Both the U-3 rate and U-6 rate are published by the BLS in the monthly job report, which is used by market watchers to gauge the health of the economy."

What is it about liberals who cannot respond to content and always make things personal. This is about policies and results that you and others want to divert from. why is that? What is it about today's liberals that creates this cult like attitude and support?

These results seem very positive... Agree?

Is this jobs report ACTUAL VERIFIABLE RESULTS?
Yep, but context matters, is a returning job a new job created? what policies did Biden implement to get those numbers, 17 million of which returned from April 2020 to January 2021 and that is what Biden inherited an opening up economy along with having a vaccine in place

Just wait til Conservative jumps in and shits over America continuing to recover.
He hates when America is doing well.

Haven’t seem him around lately,

That makes sense. I always considered healthcare to be a desirable field that would attract a lot of people. Hopefully we’ll see that deficit decrease in the coming months.
It does but people are sick of everyone's shit.

Which unemployment number are you using to have it at 3.8%? The U-6 stands around 7% right now

"
  • The U-6 (Unemployment) rate is sometimes called the "real" unemployment rate.
  • The widely-reported official unemployment rate, the U-3, counts only people who are currently unemployed and have looked for work in the past four weeks.
  • The U-6 includes not only the unemployed but the underemployed, the "discouraged" workers who have given up looking for work, and the "marginally attached" who have left the workforce but may return at some point.
  • The U-6 is considered by many economists to be the most revealing measure of a country’s employment situation.
  • Both the U-3 rate and U-6 rate are published by the BLS in the monthly job report, which is used by market watchers to gauge the health of the economy."

Back
Top Bottom