• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#656]What Age Should be Required to Legally Purchase an AR-15 in the US?

What Age Should be Required to Legally Purchase an AR-15 in the US?

• Total voters
That "the breakdown of the family" is the cause of gun violence. Then those children walk into schools with automatic firearms and murder a roomful of children.
no one has ever walked into a school and murdered American children with an automatic weapon that was legally possessed or purchased

I respect your point.
Thank you.

By leaving this and so much more to the states where it belongs it can be challenged by the people residing there at any time. Once the federal government steps in it is almost next to impossible to overturn anything.

Right now we do have a serious problem with the lack of respect for life in general. Until that is recognized then things will only get worse.

Thank you.

By leaving this and so much more to the states where it belongs it can be challenged by the people residing there at any time. Once the federal government steps in it is almost next to impossible to overturn anything.

Right now we do have a serious problem with the lack of respect for life in general. Until that is recognized then things will only get worse.

Indeed!

no one has ever walked into a school and murdered American children with an automatic weapon that was legally possessed or purchased
Does it make the murdered children any less dead whether the automatic weapon was legally purchased, or not?

That "the breakdown of the family" is the cause of gun violence. Then those children walk into schools with automatic firearms and murder a roomful of children.

Eighteen year olds with automatic weapons you say?

Link please?

Does it make the murdered children any less dead whether the automatic weapon was legally purchased, or not?

Again, what is with this automatic weapons canard?

Link please?
no one has ever been murdered by a legally owned (private person) machine gun in the USA other than a police informant, over the last 70 years

My bad. "Semi-automatic weapons."

Link please?
I edited myself to "semi-automatic weapons". But the point wasn't the gun, was it? The point was that you claimed (after sponging FoKKKs) that "the breakdown of the family" causes gun violence.

I edited myself to "semi-automatic weapons". But the point wasn't the gun, was it? The point was that you claimed (after sponging FoKKKs) that "the breakdown of the family" causes gun violence.

I think the breakdown of the family is the reason for a lot of crime, including mass shootings.

Try reviewing TurtleDude's rebuttal, but next time, read it for proper context.
Why don't you review for us, since you butted in, and now appear to have anointed yourself as class monitor?

Based on what?
the fact that firearms were even more widely distributed 60 years ago and semi auto rifles have been easily available for 100 years and our own government distributed hundreds of thousands of semi automatic military issued carbines to the US Public for decades. and there weren't these mass shootings back then, So it wasn't the guns or the availability of firearms.

Why don't you review for us, since you butted in, and now appear to have anointed yourself as class monitor?

Forgot to ask you... What age do you think should be set for those who buy guns?

the fact that firearms were even more widely distributed 60 years ago and semi auto rifles have been easily available for 100 years and our own government distributed hundreds of thousands of semi automatic military issued carbines to the US Public for decades. and there weren't these mass shootings back then, So it wasn't the guns or the availability of firearms.
I didn't say it was. Sigh. The question asked was how a different poster bases their assertion that "the breakdown of the family" is the cause of gun violence.

You don't know how to look at the poll results after being here at DP for 5 years? Try actually making an effort to click the tab, and see for yourself.

Was just curious as to stay on topic, LM. I thought you might want to elaborate on your reasons behind your vote.

Post 687
I gave my reasons for crime, and mass shootings.
No, you didn't. Post 687:

"I think the breakdown of the family is the reason for a lot of crime, including mass shootings."

The question, again, is on what did you base that baseless assertion?

I didn't say it was. Sigh. The question asked was how a different poster bases their assertion that "the breakdown of the family" is the cause of gun violence.
well my point is this-it's not the guns. so what has changed. I think -after spending 30 years as a prosecutor in various jurisdictions, that a breakdown in the family is a key factor

Was just curious as to stay on topic, LM. I thought you might want to elaborate on your reasons behind your vote.
That's odd. You hadn't bothered to look at the poll results OR inquire as to whether, or not, I wished "to elaborate" before putting forth your your post# 692, did you?

Back
Top Bottom