• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;622]Please... Be honest. Do you really think a second impeachment is good for the country?

Trump didn't tell people to do that.

Here's something to consider, the FBI is investigating whether the attack was planned - https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/capitol-riot-investigation/index.html - If the riot was planned then it wasn't Trump that "incited" it and the Democrats just impeached the guy based on a lie (frankly, not much different than the last impeachment).

Like I said in another thread, this incident was most likely the result of a good time gone bad when a few rowdies showed up.

Unless he was involved in that planning.

I agree but it's not about "getting even " with him. It is about doing what is right for our country.

I agree. Impeachment was the only course for the house in this situation.
But for Trump it is always transactional, which is why he wanted to go to the house floor.
I am sure they really had to hold him back too. Kind of like those fights were someone says "hold me back", but no one needs to.

OK, that's funny. I don't know if it's true, but it sure is believable. He cannot handle dissent, that's why he always surrounds himself with yes men.

Yeah I don't know it it was true. Just read a report on it.
Sounds like him though, the bravery of being out of range.

Well, it's nice to see that congress investigated that aspect before impeaching.

The Senate will handle all of this, I am sure.

Trump should have been impeached for his handling of the pandemic.

...or his handling of the information that the Russians had hacked into the Pentagon, intelligence agencies, nuclear labs and Fortune 500 companies. Basically he said and did nothing with that. He was so obsessed with the election. Such gross negligence of such flagrant f**cking of US intelligence agencies and infrastructure by a hostile foreign power would have been impeachable in and of itself in any other "normal" presidency.

It seems like he knowingly put the American people into harms way. Seems like a high crime to me.

And the punishment for "high crimes and misdemeanors" is death. Do you wish to see the soon-to-be-former President executed for treason?

How are you going to stop the idealogue known as Trumpism?

Trumpism is already dying. Nearly all of the cultists I work with are out on Trump. Trumps lost his financing/brand/platform.

It’s over!

Yeah, this is all a crock of shit. Trump egged on an insurrection. Everyone with two brains cells to rub together knows it.
No, only hacks with two brain cells believes that. He did nothing different than anyone who has ever spoken at a Washington rally has done. You just dont know wtf you are talking about. But thats nothing new.

Sure, what sitting potus hasn’t declared our national election rigged and demanded it be overturned leading to an armed insurrection at the Capitol. Happens all the time.

I dunno why you guys keep insisting all of this stuff is done to supposedly make liberals feel better. We won the election, took the senate, impeached Trump again, and the GOP is now the party of sedition with donors and Corp America running away in droves.

I’m pretty happy with the scoreboard, myself. How you doin?
Im fine. But then again I dont have the childish world view that you do.

Trump said nothing different than anything hundreds of people before him have said before throngs of Washington protesters. This was a purely political move. The goal was to simply impeach him, not convict him. There will be no trial in the senate for the simple reason that the left doesnt want to allow Trump to defend himself. But they will let you guys believe that there will be for the next week or so then Biden will call it of and be praised by you guys as the Great Unifier. This is completely predictable.

So if I am to understand, no conviction means yes, he will be able to run again?

The Senate will handle all of this, I am sure.
That's great. Accuse and charge first, investigate later...it's Social Justice writ large at the highest level of government in this nation. That. my dear friend, is NOT a good thing.

That's great. Accuse and charge first, investigate later...it's Social Justice writ large at the highest level of government in this nation. That. my dear friend, is NOT a good thing.

Deal with it.

We all have plenty of evidence. That you choose to deny the obvious is your prerogative. I am sure no one expected different, anyway.

So if I am to understand, no conviction means yes, he will be able to run again?

Only a White Supremacist would vote for him if he ran in 2024. They may all be locked up by then.

No, only hacks with two brain cells believes that. He did nothing different than anyone who has ever spoken at a Washington rally has done. You just dont know wtf you are talking about. But thats nothing new.

He knew his audience and he knew how they would respond.

So lets review:
- Donnie told the Proud Boys (meaning all of the Nazi, Whiteness Whack Job groups) to stand back and stand by. We all know how they took that
- then he pumped all of his cult like followers full of the most unbelievable, illogical 2020 widespread election fraud and malfeasance nonsense imaginable before the election while he was engaged not in statewide voter suppression, the tool states have used for decades, but nationwide voter suppression and continued his nonsense after the election! Nobody ever said donnie did not have balls. Just no brains
- then he called his hordes to DC for Jan 6th in multiple tweets claiming "it would be wild" in one of them
- then on Jan 6th. his son, his wacko attorney and various other whack jobs wound the crowd up and Donnie threw that mob down Pennsylvania Av toward the Capitol as if it was a bowling ball and the Capital Dome was the pocket.
- then (and this is the one that caused bipartisan pissedoffness) he just sat there in front of his frigging TV gleefully watching, doing NOTHING to stop the INSURRECTION he had fomented and hurled at the Capitol grinning like an IDIOT and wondering why WH aides were not equally enthused at what they were seeing, AS PEOPLE DIED.

THE END!

Deal with it.
Yeah...FWIW, The "deal with it" mentality from you guys on the left is a HUGE part of what got people on the right pissed off enough to do what they did last week.

Im fine. But then again I dont have the childish world view that you do.

I don’t know what makes it childish and I”m quite sure that’s true for both of us.

Yeah...FWIW, The "deal with it" mentality from you guys on the left is a HUGE part of what got people on the right pissed off enough to do what they did last week.

So the country had that terrorist attack coming is what you’re saying.

Back
Top Bottom