• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;622]Please... Be honest. Do you really think a second impeachment is good for the country?

You're exactly right! Now the hypocrites are crying for unity and peace, where the hell were they for the past four years, besides cheering on and spreading Trump's lies and approving of his constant campaigning for his full term, having rallies, stoking division, hate and violence.

He attacked viciously anyone who didn't condone his corruption and obey his narrative, and he wet his pants when his base did the same thing, last week was a wet dream come true for the Divider In Chief. If the Trump Klan did their jobs during the first impeachment instead of turning a blind eye, there would have been no deadly insurrection on the Capitol, and there wouldn't be so many dead Americans overall. The Trump Party cultists are liars and hypocrites, now they run scared, afraid if they dare put country over traitor, the traitor will retaliate with a vengeance.
The Right's cry for peace and unity rings hollow indeed.

Any offer of unity by the dems is taken as permission to attack by the right.

The dems are basically the abused spouse that keeps taking the abuser back, and that has to stop.

Trump should have been impeached for his handling of the pandemic.

I mean, even with the impeachment there will be pretty well no repercussions. But the only reason I've given any legitimacy to the impeachment is that I think the President needs to be held to high standards, and inciting your rabid fans to storm Congress isn't among those standards.

But does Trump really give a flying **** about being impeached while he's heading for the door? I doubt it.
We have two huge Wins for the USA gained by the second impeachment.

1. It limits his pardon power. A must at this point.

2. It limits his ability to be an asshole this upcoming week because he is facing conviction, and if he pisses off a only few more Republicans, he will be removed.

Both one and two are essential right now.

I mean, even with the impeachment there will be pretty well no repercussions. But the only reason I've given any legitimacy to the impeachment is that I think the President needs to be held to high standards, and inciting your rabid fans to storm Congress isn't among those standards.

But does Trump really give a flying **** about being impeached while he's heading for the door? I doubt it.

I just read a report that he had to be stopped from going to the house floor during debate, because he was upset that the few R's that spoke ill of him would do such a thing.
I think he cares very much.

That's a fascinating take. Basically you're telling us that Michigan fans are liable to be inciting Ohio State fans when they cheer for their team.

Did they tell Ohio fans to attack the US capitol?

I just read a report that he had to be stopped from going to the house floor during debate, because he was upset that the few R's that spoke ill of him would do such a thing.

I agree but it's not about "getting even " with him. It is about doing what is right for our country.

To answer the thread title. Impeachment is great for non Trump supporters. It’s good for those who want to get the GOP back.

It must suck balls for the deplorables!

We have two huge Wins for the USA gained by the second impeachment.

1. It limits his pardon power. A must at this point.

2. It limits his ability to be an asshole this upcoming week because he is facing conviction, and if he pisses off a only few more Republicans, he will be removed.

Both one and two are essential right now.
Does it limit his pardon power? Because it's not like anything real has happened at this point, yes? He's impeached again, but the Senate won't start the trial til after the 20th. So what does that do to limit his pardon power?

OK, that's funny. I don't know if it's true, but it sure is believable. He cannot handle dissent, that's why he always surrounds himself with yes men.

Does it limit his pardon power? Because it's not like anything real has happened at this point, yes? He's impeached again, but the Senate won't start the trial til after the 20th. So what does that do to limit his pardon power?
"...except in the case of impeachment" is the only limit on pardon power written into the Constitution.

" The President ... shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment. "

How narrow that is defined is a matter for the courts. But, it clearly does put limits on what he can do and, even if he does it, may not hold up in court.

Incompetence is not an impeachable offense. However, suborning an insurrection certainly is.

It seems like he knowingly put the American people into harms way. Seems like a high crime to me.

"...except in the case of impeachment" is the only limit on pardon power written into the Constitution.

" The President ... shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment. "

How narrow that is defined is a matter for the courts. But, it clearly does put limits on what he can do and, even if he does it, may not hold up in court.
Doesn't that mean he can't overturn someone else's impeachment with a pardon?

Not sure who you're referencing with the walk-and-chew-gum thing.

When you talk about "contrition," what you're signaling to me is that your real interest is punitive. Is wanting to punish and humiliate 74+ million American citizens going to be productive? I'm wondering if what you truly want is continued division and strife. Is it?

"**** their feewings" ring any bells?

Did they tell Ohio fans to attack the US capitol?
Trump didn't tell people to do that.

Here's something to consider, the FBI is investigating whether the attack was planned - https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/capitol-riot-investigation/index.html - If the riot was planned then it wasn't Trump that "incited" it and the Democrats just impeached the guy based on a lie (frankly, not much different than the last impeachment).

Like I said in another thread, this incident was most likely the result of a good time gone bad when a few rowdies showed up.

That's an interesting take. I think all it means is that the President cannot pardon himself out of an impeachment. But I think his pardon powers are as the were previously. But who knows, without Twitter we don't know how bad he's really stewing over there.
lol

Well, do you?
Yes, how are consequences and paying for your actions relevant for everyone but the most powerful man in the country?

It boggles my mind how confused the rioters are that they are being held accountable for their actions, same for the President.

For all the people that create threads about white privilege...well these types of questions should open your eyes if you aren’t blind.

Trump didn't tell people to do that.

Here's something to consider, the FBI is investigating whether the attack was planned - https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/politics/capitol-riot-investigation/index.html - If the riot was planned then it wasn't Trump that "incited" it and the Democrats just impeached the guy based on a lie (frankly, not much different than the last impeachment).

Like I said in another thread, this incident was most likely the result of a good time gone bad when a few rowdies showed up.
Seditious acts of domestic terrorism are not just "a few rowdies showed up".

You’re supporting the very thing you denounce. The usurpation of the rule of law by those who would steal elections and power through tens of millions of dollars pumped in by few Marist billionaires to finance division, hate, and violent mobs that killed 25 people in 2020s daily riots.

Mashmont:

Good Mashmont, I was referring to events in the real world, not some fantasy Trumptonia. The election was not stolen, your faction was out voted. The courts reviewed the petitions of the Trump camp and found them to be wanting and unsubstantiated by fact. The courts are the arbiters of the Rule of Law. Faced with no legal case or pathway which would be accepted by the courts for a legitimate challenge to the election, President Trump over the last two months and his obedient but delusional agents continued to whip up and radicalise his followers at a more fevered pace than over the last five years. This culminated in Mr. Trump calling together, inciting and directing to the Capitol thousands of supporters to the House of the Congress where and when the Congress was meeting to certify the results of the election. Others had the good sense to leave immediately when things started getting out of hand. A significant fraction of that protesting mob attempted to use violence to circumvent both the Rule of Law and the US constitution in order to attempt to reverse their perceived election loss through intimidation, riotous mobbing and physical violence (both actual and threatened) against the sitting Congress.

Assuming you meant Marxist rather than Marist billionaires, I suggest you brush up on Marxism, which does not allow for billionaires holding private wealth or capital. Those were capitalist billionaires not Marxists.

The Riots of the summer were not incited, directed or set into motion by the US Government leadership. They were spontaneous riots incited by repeated police killings and abuse of American citizens by law enforcement agents and LEO's who abused their powers and mandates as armed guarantors of peaceful, civil society. The summer's rioters were treated as such with many hundreds of arrests and thousands of criminal charges filed against the riotous protesters. These included BLM protesters, Antifa vigilantes, unaligned looters and also alt-right agents provocateurs. There is a difference in a mob occupying a few blocks in a Northwestern city and a mob egged on by the out-going head of state, storming the Capitol which is the seat of one branch of your Federal Government to negate the results of an election they don't wish to accept.

This is the real world Mashmont, where illegal acts have legal consequences from rioters to presidents and where a pandemic kills hundreds of thousands of Americans and infects tens of millions. Your crystal ball has been broken for awhile and your coloured glasses are so distorting reality with ideological wishful thinking that you are becoming unreachable by folks in the real world. That is a condition shared by millions in America today on both the extreme right and the extreme left. You are two solitudes living in two realities which are rapidly diverging from normalcy.

I hope you find your way back to reality.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

People had been given inside intel the day before from members of Congress.
People had radios and were using them to coordinate movement inside the building.
Panic buttons were torn out of the wall in Ayanna Pressley's office.

It's impossible for these things to be spur of the moment.

People had been given inside intel the day before from members of Congress.
People had radios and were using them to coordinate movement inside the building.
Panic buttons were torn out of the wall in Ayanna Pressley's office.

It's impossible for these things to be spur of the moment.
Great! Then was was Trump impeached for "inciting" them a mere hour beforehand?

I think it's sinking in that his humiliation is complete and that whatever his "legacy" was has probably been destroyed.
I disagree. Four years of great leadership isn't erased by the leftwing media's phony narrative that Trump caused a riot. 75 million people who voted for Trump didn't change their minds and won't be dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom