• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;622]Please... Be honest. Do you really think a second impeachment is good for the country?

I don't think a violent and deadly insurrection attempt was good for the country. Also, telling the country that the election had been stolen for two months was pretty bad for the country.

Deflection. Intended? And I don't disagree with the above, but you didn't answer my question.

I believe without his personal poisonous rhetoric, it won't be violent. I believe the R's can find a way to push his policies peacefully with a sane candidate. That won't bother me, it's what our system is supposed to be like.

Pretty astute answer.
Care to speculate on who that candidate might be?

Well, do you?
I think its good that the public is seeing what a bunch of cowards there are in congress.

The same people who were screaming to defund the police have now got an army of law enforcement surrounding them. They are literally hiding from the public.

They are so terrified of Trump they are trying to disqualify him from running ever again.

I don't think Trump deserves to be impeached but I think its good that it forced the Washington insiders to expose themselves to the public.

Trump broke them all. They are all so invested in preventing Trump from governoring that they have sacrificed all their credibility.

Trump failed to drain the swamp but he did force a lot of critters out into the light of day.

It is good if the goal is to make President Trump a reverted martyr who gave it all. They have financially destroyed the Trump family financially and will continue to pursue greater martyrdom for him.
I do not really get you "trump supporters" Haven't you been listening to anything he has said or anything he has done for the last four years? In what reality is a bully made martyr by history?

Pretty astute answer.
Care to speculate on who that candidate might be?

Believe it or not, I think Pence might be the one. Sure, right now the extremists are foaming at the mouth about him, but the GOP needs to distance from those people anyway. He did his job on the election, obviously supports the trump agenda and hasn't espoused any crazy election fraud theories.

They don't care about America. It's all about hating Trump.
People hate Trump because they care about America. Look at his record of hate and division. He humped the flag on stage even as he insulted huge numbers of Americans. Trump doesn’t get America.

I think its good that the public is seeing what a bunch of cowards there are in congress.

The same people who were screaming to defund the police have now got an army of law enforcement surrounding them. They are literally hiding from the public.

They are so terrified of Trump they are trying to disqualify him from running ever again.

I don't think Trump deserves to be impeached but I think its good that it forced the Washington insiders to expose themselves to the public.

Trump broke them all. They are all so invested in preventing Trump from governoring that they have sacrificed all their credibility.

Trump failed to drain the swamp but he did force a lot of critters out into the light of day.
To the bolded statements above...
Trump made us much more aware of former RINOS, and now progressive, Supervisor of the fourth district of San Diego County, Nathan Fletcher, a true swamp creature, who tonight likened those who are attempting to recall Gov..Gavin Newsom to Nazis, friends of the Proud Boys. Can you imagine anyone being so swampy that they would liken over a million recallers to the Nazis?

His type are in every local government across the US. Trump made us all much more aware of them.

G'nite.

More tomorrow.

People hate Trump because they care about America.
Oh is that why the people elected Trump, because Trump doesn't care about America! :D

Deflection. Intended? And I don't disagree with the above, but you didn't answer my question.
It’s not deflection; it’s reintroducing the events that led up to impeachment. By not wanting to discuss those events you make it seem like impeachment is some random thing that happened out of the blue.

You can’t discuss impeachment without discussing why it’s happening.

I do not really get you "trump supporters" Haven't you been listening to anything he has said or anything he has done for the last four years? In what reality is a bully made martyr by history?
The censorship is making all Trump supporters martyrs. It also means the Democrats, Democratic Party, plutocrats and Big Tech will all be in their own echo chamber competing over continue to hate Republicans even more, while authoritarianism of the plutocrats and kelptocrats grows. There is no assurance there will not be a surprise backlash like there was after 8 years of Obama and the MSM trying to destroy conservatives, Republicans and anyone else not purely submissive - for which Republicans could take the House and Senate.

The impeachments have basically castrated the presidency. In 7 hours - no investigation, no hearing, no evidence presented - a president can be impeached. Since no evidence or investigation is necessary, if Republicans should win the House, Biden should be impeached before the end of the first day of the new session. Impeachment and Senate trial would be over his head every day. At anytime, he could be impeached before the end of the next day.

People hate Trump because they care about America. Look at his record of hate and division. He humped the flag on stage even as he insulted huge numbers of Americans. Trump doesn’t get America.
Care about what? Making the rich people richer? Accepting corruption at the highest level? Accepting bully rethorics? Accepting rasism at the highest level of goverment? Accepting a president that doesn't take responsibility for his actions or words and always blames someone else for ones shortcommings (example: Ohh the attemted coup was a failure, must have been Antifa...)Accepting a president that doesn't favor democracy? Is that the US you really want? (and stop calling it "America", America contains many countries. Northamerica contains 21 countries. You live in the US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_countries_by_population )

By stuck I meant confirmed by the Senate and Donald being removed from office.
Impeachments aren't confirmed by the Senate. Impeachments are solely an act of the House. The Senate has zero say.

I think you're confusing impeachment with charges. Impeachment is not the act of bringing charges, it's not like a lawsuit at all. Impeachment is just permission to bring charges because the President cannot be arrested or charged while in office. Impeachment is just special permission to bring charges for 1 specific instance.

All that happened with the last and the current impeachment is the House gave permission to the special prosecutor to bring charges. That's it. People act like being impeached is the equivalent of being found guilty. It doesn't work like that at all.

Believe it or not, I think Pence might be the one. Sure, right now the extremists are foaming at the mouth about him, but the GOP needs to distance from those people anyway. He did his job on the election, obviously supports the trump agenda and hasn't espoused any crazy election fraud theories.

The MSM, press and Big Tech will tell Republicans day and night continuously that it must be Mitt Romney with fake polls to declare he is unstoppable, while 17 Republicans to the right of him splinter the conservatives and Trump supporters. However, Romney would have little chance at the primary and would lose the general. Strong Trump supporters would ever vote for Romney. I would vote for Harris, AOC, Sanders - anyone - instead of Romney - and would not go 3rd party because that would cut my anti-Romney vote in half.

The censorship is making all Trump supporters martyrs. It also means the Democrats, Democratic Party, plutocrats and Big Tech will all be in their own echo chamber competing over continue to hate Republicans even more, while authoritarianism of the plutocrats and kelptocrats grows. There is no assurance there will not be a surprise backlash like there was after 8 years of Obama and the MSM trying to destroy conservatives, Republicans and anyone else not purely submissive - for which Republicans could take the House and Senate.

The impeachments have basically castrated the presidency. In 7 hours - no investigation, no hearing, no evidence presented - a president can be impeached. Since no evidence or investigation is necessary, if Republicans should win the House, Biden should be impeached before the end of the first day of the new session. Impeachment and Senate trial would be over his head every day. At anytime, he could be impeached before the end of the next day.
The speech he held before the rally was recorded and has since been broadcasted about a hundred times. His tweets in the upcomming to the demonstration has been read by at least 80 million people and saved. His TV appearances leading up to the demonstration has been seen by all and everyone. The conversations and efforts to get him to help and His refusal to help stop the riots has been documented. That is what the impeachment is based on. Evidence right there, open and availibly to everyone. No mistery there...

The speech he held before the rally was recorded and has since been broadcasted about a hundred times. His tweets in the upcomming to the demonstration has been read by at least 80 million people and saved. His TV appearances leading up to the demonstration has been seen by all and everyone. The conversations and efforts to get him to help and His refusal to help stop the riots has been documented. That is what the impeachment is based on. Evidence right there, open and availibly to everyone. No mistery there...

A prosecution team from the House should present their evidence and witnesses, and the Trump's defense team presents their evidence and witnesses. I have not seen or heard anything that was a high crime and misdemeanors. It was not illegal to call for a protest rally. When Tweeted his video urging people to go home in peace, Twitter conspired with the rioters by removing his videos calling for the rioters to stop and banned him from any further attempt to do so - for which the corporation of Twitter itself (corporations can be criminally prosecuted) and anyone with Twitter who decided to conspire to cause the rioting to continue should be prosecuted for conspiracy to rioting, sedition, trespassing in the Capital and for any violence that occurred.

The criminal is Twitter, not Trump.

The MSM, press and Big Tech will tell Republicans day and night continuously that it must be Mitt Romney with fake polls to declare he is unstoppable, while 17 Republicans to the right of him splinter the conservatives and Trump supporters. However, Romney would have little chance at the primary and would lose the general. Strong Trump supporters would ever vote for Romney. I would vote for Harris, AOC, Sanders - anyone - instead of Romney - and would not go 3rd party because that would cut my anti-Romney vote in half.
Just a question for you: Why do you think he made that pressconference he did yesterday? Because he is worried to lose those money or because he is ready to battle for the rights of his followers?

What do they need to investigate? They were there.

Just a question for you: Why do you think he made that pressconference he did yesterday? Because he is worried to lose those money or because he is ready to battle for the rights of his followers?

Who? Romney or Trump? What press conference?

A prosecution team from the House should present their evidence and witnesses, and the Trump's defense team presents their evidence and witnesses.
I am sure the senate will interrogate themselves (witnesses)..... Trump's defence team will surely get to present their evidence, but I am sure they will go for "no attempt" At least that is what Trump is building up for at the moment...

What do they need to investigate? They were there.

So what? I haven't read any of them saying they saw Trump leading rioters into the Capital. Which ones have said that?

Oh is that why the people elected Trump, because Trump doesn't care about America! :D
Trump doesn’t care about Latinos, blacks, refugees and immigrants. That’s a big chunk of America he dismisses. Maybe you missed his comments and tweets. That a significant minority voted for him was an example of what Lincoln said, “you can fool some of the people all of the time.” Some voted cause they are republicans, some cause they disliked Hillary, some cause he appealed to the lesser angels of their nature with his bigotry.

I am sure the senate will interrogate themselves (witnesses)..... Trump's defence team will surely get to present their evidence, but I am sure they will go for "no attempt" At least that is what Trump is building up for at the moment...

There is no time to prepare for and conduct a trial. The deadline is Jan. 20th (Next Tuesday) at noon.

Back
Top Bottom