• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;622]Please... Be honest. Do you really think a second impeachment is good for the country?

They followed up by relying on the Crowdstrike Report...You act just like the liar that changed their position when they were caught in their lie.:rolleyes:
Prove it.

Your claim is dismissed for lack of evidence

Well, do you?

I was against the first impeachment, still think it was stupid and hurt the country.

But after what Trump has done to the country since the election, something needs to be done to ensure history does not ever forget his actions. Not sure what else would do that other than the impeachment.

A sensible Senate will kill this dumb idea.

It's only dumb if one is of the opinion candidates who lose elections and their legal recourse to challenge the results should then also launch misinformation campaigns to incite their base. If that's the case, then elections will become sideshows similar to the one we just witnessed.

A Senate impeachment trial now is near certain failure, but that is not the point. You know what Biden has to get done in the Senate. The point is the enormous loss of time in the Senate devoted to a task doomed to fail.

Delay the trial for 100 days. Why will that hurt?
There are different ways of looking at it, and part of it might depend on wanting to deal with this now since it's fresh on everyone's mind versus in 3 months time when it might not be.

Forgetful Americans are not the jury. Senators are, and the Democratic managers will vividly remind them of what Trump did.

On th other hand, three months from now Americans will not forget the President-led insurgency against our capital. In over 19 years, Americans have not forgotten 9/11. A delay for three months can't hurt. We get a reprieve from Trump, and Biden can get a lot done in three months.

"There is no time to waste when it comes to tackling the crises we face," Biden said in his first tweet as president from the @POTUS account. "That's why today, I am heading to the Oval Office to get right to work delivering bold action and immediate relief for American families."

I am not sure why you are opposed to that delay, considering once again that it is extreemely likely Republicans will not convict and a trial will be a complete waste of time. You have yet to deal with that part of the issue. Like everyone else, including Democrats in Congress, you are avoiding that part.

Not sure what else would do that other than the impeachment.

Failure to convict, which is very likely, will only embolden future Presidents. Here is a President who led an insurgency against our capital, and he was not convicted by the Senate!

Meaning, if the President's party controls the Senate he can do virtually anything.

Let the courts decide Trump's guilt or innocence, not politicians with an agenda, nearly half of whom are still loyal to the President.

Failure to convict, which is very likely, will only embolden future Presidents. Here is a President who led an insurgency against our capital, and he was not convicted by the Senate!

Meaning, if the President's party controls the Senate he can do virtually anything.

Let the courts decide Trump's guilt or innocence, not politicians with an agenda, nearly half of whom are still loyal to the President.

The two are not mutually exclusive...he can be impeached and still held accountable legally.

Forgetful Americans are not the jury. Senators are, and the Democratic managers will vividly remind them of what Trump did.

No, but pressure from the public tends to drive the urgency. Remember, politicians are basing priorities in part due to public demand.

On th other hand, three months from now Americans will not forget the President-led insurgency against our capital. In over 19 years, Americans have not forgotten 9/11. A delay for three months can't hurt. We get a reprieve from Trump, and Biden can get a lot done in three months.

"There is no time to waste when it comes to tackling the crises we face," Biden said in his first tweet as president from the @POTUS account. "That's why today, I am heading to the Oval Office to get right to work delivering bold action and immediate relief for American families."

I am not sure why you are opposed to that delay, considering once again that it is extreemely likely Republicans will not convict and a trial will be a complete waste of time. You have yet to deal with that part of the issue. Like everyone else, including Democrats in Congress, you are avoiding that part.

I am not strongly opposed to a delay; I just hope it doesn't fall through the cracks. As for the trial the larger failure is not having a trial and setting the precedent for lack of follow through in the future.

No you dont, you think it is parroting extreme right wing CT nutjobs

You are not and have never been a conservative.
Look at my lean...I've never claimed to be conservative, just knowledgeable in the ways of politics.:rolleyes:

Prove it.

Your claim is dismissed for lack of evidence
Dude, reread the third subheading of this link you thought proved that other American gov't agencies and investigations did their own studies on the contents of the server in question that held the 'stolen' DNC emails.:rolleyes:

The third subheading of the link reads: Why did the DNC hire Crowd Strike instead of just working with the FBI to investigate the hack? I think that's self-explanatory (and really hurts your argument).:rolleyes:

Dude, reread the third subheading of this link you thought proved that other American gov't agencies and investigations did their own studies on the contents of the server in question that held the 'stolen' DNC emails.:rolleyes:

The third subheading of the link reads: Why did the DNC hire Crowd Strike instead of just working with the FBI to investigate the hack? I think that's self-explanatory (and really hurts your argument).:rolleyes:
It is a common practice.

Your claims are dismissed for lack of evidence

Did CrowdStrike have proof that Russia hacked the DNC?

Yes, and this is also supported by the U.S. Intelligence community and independent Congressional reports.

Following a comprehensive investigation that CrowdStrike detailed publicly, the company concluded in May 2016 that two separate Russian intelligence-affiliated adversaries breached the DNC network.

Independent.

Right there

Clear as day

.... Trump was impeached in a rush is something people who supported the confirmation of a US SC pick a few days before the election would say.

A Senate impeachment trial now is near certain failure, but that is not the point. You know what Biden has to get done in the Senate. The point is the enormous loss of time in the Senate devoted to a task doomed to fail.

Delay the trial for 100 days. Why will that hurt?
Yes, but this is in the scene of the Republicans. As I said before, for the Republicans this is a must. And a conviction is a must for them to. That the Democrats continues to push the issue is partly to save the Republican party. Because if the Republican Party falls apart, it is a possibility they will to. Those two parties has build a stability on their dominans in your politics. Without the balance between the two the system might crumble. And frankly so might your country until you have build something else.

It is a common practice.

Your claims are dismissed for lack of evidence

Did CrowdStrike have proof that Russia hacked the DNC?

Yes, and this is also supported by the U.S. Intelligence community and independent Congressional reports.

Following a comprehensive investigation that CrowdStrike detailed publicly, the company concluded in May 2016 that two separate Russian intelligence-affiliated adversaries breached the DNC network.

Independent.

Right there

Clear as day
Yes. It was common practice by this investigation into the Trump campaign (and Russia) to allow just one entity (Crowdstrike) to examine the servers on which the alleged stolen DNC emails resided and to base all findings and reasoning for subsequent investigations into the Trump campaign (and Russia) based on the findings and only the findings of the Crowdstrike Report. You continue to lie. :rolleyes: Why?

OJ had arthritis and had taken meds to prevent swelling of his hands... until the trial.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hence his surprise that the plan worked.

Well, do you?

I think it makes absolutely no difference

Was the 16 Amendment good for our country?

How about the "New Deal"?

How about Lyndon Johnson's NOT so GREAT Society"?

Tough couple of months, huh?
Authoritarians should stick together.:rolleyes:...That is why you should go to the dems. No one but an authoritarian wants another authoritarian....unless and until they disagree with each other.:ROFLMAO:

Hence his surprise that the plan worked.
The bottom line is that judges enthusiastically allow hearsay evidence into their courtrooms...psst...unless it's to decide if an election is free and fair.:rolleyes:

Look at my lean...I've never claimed to be conservative, just knowledgeable in the ways of politics.:rolleyes:
Lol you knowledgeable in politics

Yes. It was common practice by this investigation into the Trump campaign (and Russia) to allow just one entity (Crowdstrike) to examine the servers on which the alleged stolen DNC emails resided and to base all findings and reasoning for subsequent investigations into the Trump campaign (and Russia) based on the findings and only the findings of the Crowdstrike Report. You continue to lie. :rolleyes: Why?
You continue to post no evidence for your claims. I have posted evidence

You claims are dismissed

Well, do you?
YES.... The Impeachment must proceed. Trump should never be allowed to hold any kind of public office, not even a local position in any kind of government be it federal, state or local. Nor should any of his kids.
Also, neither should any of his kids get to step away as if they were not complicit. except maybe a Tiffany and Barron who was not involved in anything related to governing.
The Tarnished, Seditious, Subversive and Terrorist promoting Insurrection of Treason which is Forever the identity of the disgraced Trump name, there should never be allowed any "Trump" to have anything to do with governing aspects, Period!

You continue to post no evidence for your claims. I have posted evidence

You claims are dismissed
Go ahead, be even more disingenuous and disclaim the link you introduced in the hopes that would solidify your claim that other American gov't agencies investigated the contents of the server(s) which housed the alleged stolen DNC emails. Now, I'm sure you were also hoping I wouldn't read said link.:ROFLMAO:

What's also funny is the link you introduced solidifies my claim that only Crowdstrike investigated the server(s).

The link does admit that only Crowdstrike investigated the server(s) but then goes into a yeah, but, that was justified because of...kinda argument.:ROFLMAO:

You must like to lose.

Um, maybe if Trump was the cause of the actual storming of the Capitol and evidence to prove that he was.

It's on video. No need to tell moronic lies to defend Trump.

Go ahead, be even more disingenuous and disclaim the link you introduced in the hopes that would solidify your claim that other American gov't agencies investigated the contents of the server(s) which housed the alleged stolen DNC emails. Now, I'm sure you were also hoping I wouldn't read said link.:ROFLMAO:

What's also funny is the link you introduced solidifies my claim that only Crowdstrike investigated the server(s).

The link does admit that only Crowdstrike investigated the server(s) but then goes into a yeah, but, that was justified because of...kinda argument.:ROFLMAO:

You must like to lose.
You have provided no evidence. Both congress and intelligence agencies conducted independent......i say again......independent.....investigations

Anyone can read that in the evidence provided.

Your claims are dismissed. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom