• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;622]Please... Be honest. Do you really think a second impeachment is good for the country?

trump went too far.

Telling the mob to go down to the capitol and cheer certain people on more than others. And that they had to be strong because only the strong are listened to.

trump incited a riot. A president did that.

Yes, impeach him.
That's a fascinating take. Basically you're telling us that Michigan fans are liable to be inciting Ohio State fans when they cheer for their team.

Trump could've avoided all of this by admitting he lost long ago. He deserves whatever happens.
Trump could end Impeachment today.

Admit he mislead America with the election fraud b.s.

Admit to his base that he intentionally ginned them up inorder to project his temper tantrum.

Tell his base that elections happen party control changes, America will be fine under Biden.

Then resign.

The Founding Fathers called it an experiment. Well, the experiment is producing Presidents who get impeached twice in a single term. I don't see how that could possibly reflect well on voters.

Trump's parents produced a narcissist s that operated his administration corruptly.

The experiment didn't produce Donald. But, the experiment voted him out.

Please... Be honest. Do you really think a second impeachment is good for the country?

It is extremely important as is his conviction.
At some point Trumpists have to come to "normalcy." It is going to take some time but this is an important first step. We can't have this "alternate" world and continue. We need to be debating ideas again and stop arguing about fact. This will serve as a good first step.

Did you feel that way when the leftwing mob tried to break into the White House, sending the Trump family down to the bunker and injuring 14 secret service officers? Did you feel that way when the rioting mobs killed 25 during the daily summer riots?
Was this in the movie Olympus has Fallen? Because it did not happen in real life.

Well, do you?

Well, the impeachment is a fait accompli. Does President-Elect Biden deserve an unclouded inauguration that offers hope of healing the nation and getting down to what he has said is "urgent business"--the economy, COVID, and his staffing of key positions?

I think he does deserve this and also a "honeymoon," something Trump was never afforded. As for him, he is leaving the White House in utter ignominy. I think this is enough. The desire for vengeance and retribution has become corrosive, and we have a pandemic to fight. I'd like for the nation to heal.

Well, the impeachment is a fait accompli. Does President-Elect Biden deserve an unclouded inauguration that offers hope of healing the nation and getting down to what he has said is "urgent business"--the economy, COVID, and his staffing of key positions?

I think he does deserve this and also a "honeymoon," something Trump was never afforded. As for him, he is leaving the White House in utter ignominy. I think this is enough. The desire for vengeance and retribution has become corrosive, and we have a pandemic to fight. I'd like for the nation to heal.

Letting insurrection go isn't healing. It's setting precedent for the next wannabe Sulla.

There will be no healing or unity with a group so radicalized like the cult.
If the GOP did their jobs from day one maybe we would not have been in this mess to start with.

If the GOP did their jobs from day one maybe we would not have been in this mess to start with.

And so...? They are now out of power. Move on.

If there aren't enough Republicans in the Senate to remove him then impeachment is just a waste of time. It will only reinforce the victimhood of Trump supporters.

Then logically prosecutors should not charge criminals unless they are certain a jury will convict them? Like a criminal act , the laying of charges should never be dependant on the anticipated judicial outcome but rather by the evidence as to whether a crime was committed.

And so...? They are now out of power. Move on.
They will. All this BS talk by the RW about unity is just trying to whitewash the shit stain that Trumpism put on America. Not real contrition form the wrong.
They will be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Well, do you?
Stop with the bullshit. Trump held a ninety two percent approval in the gop for the whole time he is/was in office. You and anyone else who mentions something like being good for the country has zero room to ask. You and the other seventy five million who voted for the bum.

Yes, it's great for the country.

You tell me. Do you think there should be?
I mean, even with the impeachment there will be pretty well no repercussions. But the only reason I've given any legitimacy to the impeachment is that I think the President needs to be held to high standards, and inciting your rabid fans to storm Congress isn't among those standards.

But does Trump really give a flying **** about being impeached while he's heading for the door? I doubt it.

They will. All this BS talk by the RW about unity is just trying to whitewash the shit stain that Trumpism put on America. Not real contrition form the wrong.
They will be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Not sure who you're referencing with the walk-and-chew-gum thing.

When you talk about "contrition," what you're signaling to me is that your real interest is punitive. Is wanting to punish and humiliate 74+ million American citizens going to be productive? I'm wondering if what you truly want is continued division and strife. Is it?

I mean, even with the impeachment there will be pretty well no repercussions. But the only reason I've given any legitimacy to the impeachment is that I think the President needs to be held to high standards, and inciting your rabid fans to storm Congress isn't among those standards.

But does Trump really give a flying **** about being impeached while he's heading for the door? I doubt it.

It is not about what Trump cars about. It is about what is best for the country.

I do agree, the repercussions are so "light" that this will not serve as a deterrent to any future Trump.

But not impeaching is actually an OK. A president will not even be questioned when he attempts to install himself as a permanent president.

I think it's sinking in that his humiliation is complete and that whatever his "legacy" was has probably been destroyed.

I think it's sinking in that his humiliation is complete and that whatever his "legacy" was has probably been destroyed.

Trump is not concerned with his legacy like a normal person, a normal President.
He has no sense of history. He has no inclination to think past this moment.
I don't mean this as a criticism, I mean it simply to explain him.

You're exactly right! Now the hypocrites are crying for unity and peace, where the hell were they for the past four years, besides cheering on and spreading Trump's lies and approving of his constant campaigning for his full term, having rallies, stoking division, hate and violence.

He attacked viciously anyone who didn't condone his corruption and obey his narrative, and he wet his pants when his base did the same thing, last week was a wet dream come true for the Divider In Chief. If the Trump Klan did their jobs during the first impeachment instead of turning a blind eye, there would have been no deadly insurrection on the Capitol, and there wouldn't be so many dead Americans overall. The Trump Party cultists are liars and hypocrites, now they run scared, afraid if they dare put country over traitor, the traitor will retaliate with a vengeance.

Back
Top Bottom