• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:62]Mississippi senator, whose runoff opponent is black, jokes about 'public hanging'

Re: Mississippi senator, whose runoff opponent is black, jokes about 'public hanging'

This is just unbelievable.

They’re not even pretending anymore.

Last legal public hanging in MS :1940.

Last public hanging in MS: 2018.

Hanging death investigation: NAACP seeks FBI probe

Casual racism, and a joke about killing negroes... she really WOULD be representing Mississippi.

Yeah, she knows how to energize the base:

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

Her actions indicate she apparently agrees with Trump, that to energize the base, you need to treat the base like cowardly racists.

Trump’s Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

Last edited:
Re: Mississippi senator, whose runoff opponent is black, jokes about 'public hanging'

Now that Sam Troy, a poster with a David Duke avatar is supporting the person at the center of the story, and complaining about political correctness, I knoww Acadia, and Roadvirus couldn't possibly be right about whether knowledge of intent is necessary to determine racism.

Lol. Talk about internet prophecies becoming true all on their own.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

I'm getting the feeling that they need to tattoo swastikas on their backs to be deemed racists.

Otherwise, it's all opinion, all the time, and if you can't read what was on their mind at that moment, it can't be racist.

Unless you know that their decision for getting a swastika tattoo was because of racism, you just can’t know that they were racist.

Unless you know that their decision for getting a swastika tattoo was because of racism, you just can’t know that they were racist.
Unless you know the intent behind burning crosses, and wearing robes at night is to promote racism, you just can't know they are racists.

This is how memes are born.

How is it "racist"? How many Italians were hung? Yeah, they were.
The irony is that now it's the LEFT who are the lynch mobs, escalating violence and acting as judge and jury.

Oh really?

Please provide your evidence of conservatives being summarily executed for "crimes" such as "looking at a woman".

The conservative persecution complex is getting way out of hand. You trying to downplay the despicable crimes which occurred while whining and crying about how mean you think liberals are says a lot about you....none of it good.

Yeah, she knows how to energize the base:

Her actions indicate she apparently agrees with Trump, that to energize the base, you need to treat the base like cowardly racists.

Bringing up going to hangings in Mississippi while in the middle of a runoff election against a black man... and doing it for LAUGHS is pretty disqualifying for a Senator.

That is.. its disqualifying for a Senator from anywhere else but a Republican in the Deep South.

Outlaw speech. Violators will be sent to special Camps. From now on, hand gestures

And considering the attitudes of some people, a certain gesture would be used alot.

Outlaw criticizing someone's speech. Violators will be sent to special camps. Make your hand gesture, Roadvirus.

Outlaw criticizing someone's speech. Violators will be sent to special camps. Make your hand gesture, Roadvirus.
They have the right to say whatever they want, god forbid you wanted the right to not associate with them, and criticize them on a public forum.

C'mon, dude. He might've not thought before he spoke, or even intended to say that, but you can't seriously tell me that that wasn't a racist comment.

She. Hyde-Smith is a female.

I don't know, I just don't see it. Is this a regional phrase that I've never heard before? Something like "I trust this person enough that if they asked me to go to the worst spectacle I can think of I'd still watch from the front row". I don't really read it as "hey lets hang a black guy".

When I first heard the "Monkey this up" my first thought was that maybe it was just an off the cuff mistake. Then I watched the video and it was clear that it was a deliberate effort to make the race about race. This doesn't have that feel, at least not in my current opinion.

I'm not saying that she is or isn't racist, but this is Mississippi. It's a beautiful state with a lot of nice people, but no one would consider language or literacy their strong suit.

Also, while my experience isn't all that extensive, I find racism in Mississippi to be vastly different than you'd find in Florida or Appalachia.

It's Mississippi, you know.... the 'hang em high' state.

From 1882-1968, 4,743 lynchings occurred in the United States. Of these people that were lynched 3,446 were black. The blacks lynched accounted for 72.7% of the people lynched. Out of the 4,743 people lynched only 1,297 white people were lynched. That is only 27.3%. Many of the whites lynched were lynched for helping the black or being anti lynching and even for domestic crimes. Mississippi had the highest lynchings from 1882-1968 with 581. Georgia was second with 531, and Texas was third with 493. 79% of lynching happened in the South.

Does everyone have to walk on eggshells when they talk?

Not only in Mississippi, but any U.S. Senator damned well better 'walk on eggshells' when making an off-the-cuff reference to Black hangings.

Bringing up going to hangings in Mississippi while in the middle of a runoff election against a black man... and doing it for LAUGHS is pretty disqualifying for a Senator.

That is.. its disqualifying for a Senator from anywhere else but a Republican in the Deep South.

I suspect Mississippi is not aware of its reputation for hanging. Da Nile runs deeper than the Mississippi in that neck of the woods.

I suspect Mississippi is not aware of its reputation for hanging. Da Nile runs deeper than the Mississippi in that neck of the woods.
Buuuuut, butttt, what about Italians? What about hangings in Italy? Lol.

Oh really?

Please provide your evidence of conservatives being summarily executed for "crimes" such as "looking at a woman".

The conservative persecution complex is getting way out of hand. You trying to downplay the despicable crimes which occurred while whining and crying about how mean you think liberals are says a lot about you....none of it good.

First of all, way to totally misrepresent what I wrote. Not playing.
Secondly, no crime was committed. At BEST, an unfortunate reference was made.
The liberal persecution complex is way out of hand. You and your thought police "dog whistles" downplay intent at every turn, then your lynch MOBS go after innocent people for what YOU determine THEY mean.
None of it good.

Why don't you just tie a large rock around her waist, throw her in the pond and see if she floats?

#metoomyrearend

The liberal persecution complex is way out of hand. You and your thought police "dog whistles" downplay intent at every turn, then your lynch MOBS go after innocent people for what YOU determine THEY mean.
None of it good.

Why don't you just tie a large rock around her waist, throw her in the pond and see if she floats?

#metoomyrearend

Lol, if only she could be allowed to be like her forefathers, and freely discuss hangings like in the good old days, when America was great. Them darn libruls.

Amirite?

Lol, if only she could be allowed to be like her forefathers, and freely discuss hangings like in the good old days, when America was great. Them darn libruls.

Amirite?

Listen, Hillary, no one is buying your "looking backwards" definition of MAGA. Say, how about those unemployment rates for black Americans?
Pretty darn historic!

No, Obama didn't do that.

None of it good.

#metoomyrearend

You said “the left are the lynch mobs”.

You indulging in hyberbolic screeching doesn’t change the fact that a lynch mob was a very specific phenomenon, and simply put it should not be marginalized by Trump cultists with victim complexes screaming about how mean they think the left is.

As I said before; please post your evidence of conservatives being executed for “crimes” like “looking at a woman”.

Yes, an “unfortunate reference” to a long history of tyrannical, unconstitutional rule in which Americans were murdered for exercising their constitutional rights.......and conservatives whine because supporting the perpetrators and making “jokes” about it are not socially acceptable.

But now that you bring up the witch trials, that was another example of religious conservatives launching a reign of brutal tyranny and executing people for no reason.

You said “the left are the lynch mobs”.

You indulging in hyberbolic screeching doesn’t change the fact that a lynch mob was a very specific phenomenon, and simply put it should not be marginalized by Trump cultists with victim complexes screaming about how mean they think the left is.

As I said before; please post your evidence of conservatives being executed for “crimes” like “looking at a woman”.

Yes, an “unfortunate reference” to a long history of tyrannical, unconstitutional rule in which Americans were murdered for exercising their constitutional rights.......and conservatives whine because supporting the perpetrators and making “jokes” about it are not socially acceptable.

But now that you bring up the witch trials, that was another example of religious conservatives launching a reign of brutal tyranny and executing people for no reason.

And Hillary thinks it's us "deplorables" are always looking backward.

Personally, I think public hangings should be brought back.

The bigger issue is the fact that capital punishment, for all intents and purposes, is no longer used in this country.

Only a few Southern states still occasionally use it.

You are 100% right: if all truly guilty murderers were executed (NOT necessarily in public), those horrible individuals might think twice before killing perfectly innocent people.

So-called liberals oppose capital punishment because it's highly unlikely that they or their loved ones will ever be a victim.

Yes, you Trump cultists----who constantly whine and cry about being called deplorable despite the numerous despicable claims and individuals you have supported--- are constantly looking backwards.

That's where the idiotic notion that America stopped being great and needed a draft dodger who said avoiding STDs was "his Vietnam" to make it "great again" came from.

But I get it---you are desperately flailing to support your persecution complex and your hysterics now that I've called you out on it.

Listen, Hillary, no one is buying your "looking backwards" definition of MAGA.

No one is buying a looking backwards definition of a term that looks backwards all by itself.

You know the second A in MAGA, stands for 'again', right? That implies looking backwards by the people who created it. Reading comprehension needs to get better in Italy or you are going to trouble following posts in America.

Lmao, watching you try to derail a thread by discussing Hillary is funny. I wonder how you always get away with it?

How is it "racist"?

Don't be ridiculous, of course it's racist. Trump has given the blueprint on how to energize the base:

so Trump treated the base like cowardly racists. And it worked.

Trump is only agreeing with numerous studies published in peer reviewed journals:

So denying a conservative official who just made a blatantly racist comment, which is the current primary campaign strategy of conservatives, is completely and utterly ridiculous. I don't think it's possible to bury one's head so far into the sand so as not to understand this.

This is the reason the GOP lost the house, most independents and some Democrats could stomach you when you weren't so obvious.

Now, they're out voting the GOP by 12 million in congressional elections. Hope you're ready for what's coming in 2020.

Best ramp up the Trump anti-immigrant message.

Back
Top Bottom