• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:6]****Current Democratic Reps Controlled by Mexican Mafia; Refuse to Build Wall to Keep Cartels

Re: Are the drug cartels controlloing Pelosi?

Goodness knows if we're serious about fighting drugs, we should start with the broke, know-nothing grunts dragging a few pounds of weed through the desert, rather than face the fact that massive shipments routinely cross the border in truck and boats.

Good to see we still have our priorities in order.

While i agree with you in spirit, I believe the best way to fight drugs coming into this country is to fight the reason so many Americans want them in the first place.
If the demand is low, then so will be the supply.
Right now some Americans want their dope more than anything.
They has become common and mainstream now.

THAT is the problem.
Why do Americans have such a huge and overwhelming demand for them in the first place?

It is my opinion, the greatest demand is from Hollywood, the music industry, the ultra wealthy, and Wall Street types.

I quit my garage band as a kid because it seemed as soon as we started making a little money doing birthday parties, the guys started buying reds and weed. I will never understand why drugs and music are so intertwined. I quit and started stocking groceries at Safeway.

Eliminate the demand and we have no drug issue.
As long as the insatiable demand is there, someone will furnish the supply.
This is the underlying real reason and no one wants to even talk about it.

Last edited:

Because they were lobbying for keeping marijuana illegal, and that didn't go their way.

Not sure how you think unsuccessful lobbying is a sign she is being controlled. Did they just undercut their marijuana marketing as a gambit so she looks less shady trying to keep the border open (even though it is just about the least efficient route available?)

I doubt you agree that Trump's steady support for all thing Russian is a sign he is "in cahoots" with them, and yet where do his policies diverge from their preferences?

You could ask Obama and Hillary about helping the Russians but, that wouldn't have anything to do with the topic. ;)

Maybe if Trump had built a wall during his 1st 2 years the narco lords would be broke and unable to fund Pelosi? I say that makes Trump another guy on the narco payroll.

the swamp wasn't cooperative in the first two years.

While i agree with you in spirit, I believe the best way to fight drugs coming into this country is to fight the reason so many Americans want them in the first place.

THAT is the problem.
Why do Americans have such a huge and overwhelming demand for them in the first place?

There's a lot of evidence that legalization has just created a safe haven for criminals, including the Cartels. They were already here growing it.

The already have a budget for that albeit antiquated technology. Let's not forget the human trafficking, child sex slavery and terror threats.

And you see a wall as part of a real solution for all of that? What's to stop them from shifting those streams to the traffic we aren't watching, while we sink billions into a border wall?

Do you honestly think pumping up vehicle searching and related technology isn't going to be more effective?

Do you think serious terrorists are going to cross the border, when all they really need is a fake ID from a ME nation and a plane ticket?

If those are the priorities, why do we not go for the most effective countermeasures?

We could just use confiscated cartel monies to pay for it all.

That's a losing proposition, when the vast majority of it goes unconfiscated.

Still, is Nancy just being a turd because she hates Trump?

She's a turd because she's a career politician. What's Trump's excuse?

Many people (especially right wingers) don't evne want to address the real problems with drugs, address it with real world solutions. They just think the "war on drugs"strategy of throwing users and sellers in jail and forever increase the prison population, dumping money into law enforcement that has been proven over the past several decades to do nothing to stop drug use, importation of drugs, etc. That or they just want to thumb their nose at users (while they are probably alcoholics of fat asses addicted to food and killing themselves, call them losers, ignore the science of addition, or provide no funding to rehabilitation.

Drug abusers should not be just thrown in prison with mandatory min sentences, they should be put into rehabilitation at least a few times to actually address their addiction. Only after 3 strikes should prison be an option.

But no, people just want to keep pushing dumb, ineffective policies taht do nothing but cost money, harm people, and does nothing to address the problem

And you see a wall as part of a real solution for all of that? What's to stop them from shifting those streams to the traffic we aren't watching, while we sink billions into a border wall?

Do you honestly think pumping up vehicle searching and related technology isn't going to be more effective?

Do you think serious terrorists are going to cross the border, when all they really need is a fake ID from a ME nation and a plane ticket?

If those are the priorities, why do we not go for the most effective countermeasures?

That's a losing proposition, when the vast majority of it goes unconfiscated.

She's a turd because she's a career politician. What's Trump's excuse?

I think new technology will be effective but the small price for a little extra barrier is frosting on the cake. It's a war and the enemy will change it's tactics as needed. We need to give the frontline players what they want.

They has become common and mainstream now.

THAT is the problem.

It is my opinion, the greatest demand is from Hollywood, the music industry, the ultra wealthy, and Wall Street types.

I quit my garage band as a kid because it seemed as soon as we started making a little money doing birthday parties, the guys started buying reds and weed. I will never understand why drugs and music are so intertwined. I quit and started stocking groceries at Safeway.

Eliminate the demand and we have no drug issue.
As long as the insatiable demand is there, someone will furnish the supply.

I expect we're even closer on this topic than you imagine.

The only way I know to achieve what you are proposing is to decriminalize all drugs, removing the forbidden fruit aspect.

It can't be edgy if you can get it whereever and no one is panicking over it, and it won't look clever to smoke something cooked in a garage when a quality controlled option is available over the counter. The artistes will have to look elsewhere to shock us.

Re: Current Democratic Reps Controlled by Mexican Mafia; Refuse to Build Wall to Keep Cartels Flowin

Explain then Obama's Fast n' Furious, better known to Mexicans Obama's guns for cash. Cartel attorneys contributing to the DNC and Hillary's 2016 campaign.

I think new technology will be effective but the small price for a little extra barrier is frosting on the cake. It's a war and the enemy will change it's tactics as needed. We need to give the frontline players what they want.

I honestly don't much care about the wall, myself. I try to view it as a make-work project, and government spending that doesn't go directly to some massive, politically connected corporation is what counts as a win these days.

Sell it better to the public. Maybe if there's sufficient support for it, it'll get done someday.

I honestly don't much care about the wall, myself. I try to view it as a make-work project, and government spending that doesn't go directly to some massive, politically connected corporation is what counts as a win these days.

Sell it better to the public. Maybe if there's sufficient support for it, it'll get done someday.

The fact that no one in DC has done much about controlling the border over the last several decades, including finishing the first wall, tells me a lot of people have ulterior motives. At least [IMO] Trump is trying to restore the rule of law.

5a70c9e93c612.image.jpg

You sound a lot like Nancy.

lol...a couple backpacks? Holler when a bunch of Mexicans haul a 40' shipping container across the Mexican border on foot... ;)

The fact that no one in DC has done much about controlling the border over the last several decades, including finishing the first wall, tells me a lot of people have ulterior motives. At least [IMO] Trump is trying to restore the rule of law.

I'd even say there are a lot of people with a lot of different ulterior motives.

A successful attempt to "restore rule of law" must include ways around those interests.

If you're going to give out full credit for just the appearance of effort, why would they ever even want to succeed?

lol...a couple backpacks? Holler when a bunch of Mexicans haul a 40' shipping container across the Mexican border on foot... ;)

Would it change your opinion of they were full of more deadly drugs that kill people in both our countries everyday?

Would it change your opinion of they were full of more deadly drugs that kill people in both our countries everyday?

Change my opinion about what? Building a wall? No. That dangerous drugs that kill people must be stopped? I already think that should happen...which is why, if I were American, I would be in favor of a better solution - preferably one that works. The vast majority of drugs do not come from the south via the backs of Mexicans. Put the billions where they do come across...at least, start there, and if you have money left over, build all the walls you like. :shrug:

One more time: being against The Wall® is not being against better border control. I would argue, as I have been, it's being FOR better border control.

I'd even say there are a lot of people with a lot of different ulterior motives.

A successful attempt to "restore rule of law" must include ways around those interests.

If you're going to give out full credit for just the appearance of effort, why would they ever even want to succeed?

Well, there have been half-ass efforts to fix the border and those were never meant to solve the problems. Who knows what success will look like since none of us have ever witnessed it.

No one said the barrier would be the end-all. What it would do is funnel more people to the check points and allow more agents to investigate vehicular traffic with better technology.

Most drugs come through the checkpoints. How would funneling more people there reduce smuggling through them? More traffic would mean more drugs getting through.

Change my opinion about what? Building a wall? No. That dangerous drugs that kill people must be stopped? I already think that should happen...which is why, if I were American, I would be in favor of a better solution - preferably one that works. The vast majority of drugs do not come from the south via the backs of Mexicans. Put the billions where they do come across...at least, start there, and if you have money left over, build all the walls you like. :shrug:

One more time: being against The Wall® is not being against better border control. I would argue, as I have been, it's being FOR better border control.

No politician has been serious about border control for the last several decades. Sorry, ain't buying that jargon.

The agents on the border know what is needed.

Border apprehensions have decreased by a more than a million people per year in the past 2 decades. Where are you getting your information?

No politician has been serious about border control for the last several decades. Sorry, ain't buying that jargon.

lol...well, maybe I can agree that no politician has been serious about border control for the last several decades...that would include your boy, and his silly wall. If you guys were serious, you wouldn't be going after Mexicans, anyway … you'd be going after the Americans who give them a reason to go there by hiring them. But naaaah, you all just go on and build a big dumb wall instead...lol...this is taking border control seriously?

Most drugs come through the checkpoints. How would funneling more people there reduce smuggling through them? More traffic would mean more drugs getting through.

Assuming there was better technology, agents that would normally be elsewhere would be available at the checkpoints searching persons and vehicles. There is a shortage of agents also.

Border apprehensions have decreased by a more than a million people per year in the past 2 decades. Where are you getting your information?

Yea, and there are upwards of 30+ million illegals living here now. Who ya gonna believe?

lol...well, maybe I can agree that no politician has been serious about border control for the last several decades...that would include your boy, and his silly wall. If you guys were serious, you wouldn't be going after Mexicans, anyway … you'd be going after the Americans who give them a reason to go there by hiring them. But naaaah, you all just go on and build a big dumb wall instead...lol...this is taking border control seriously?

Doubt we'll know what border control looks like since none of us have ever seen it. ;)

you mean republicans don't care, they just say they do when nothing will get done so they can dupe idiots again and again over this same topic

The Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 (S.744) was a proposed immigration reform bill introduced by Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) in the United States Senate [1] and co-sponsored by the other seven members of the "Gang of Eight", a bipartisan group of U.S. Senators who wrote and negotiated the bill. It was introduced into the Senate of the 113th United States Congress on April 16, 2013.

2013, bipartisan senate bill passed, provided 40 billion for border security, including hiring 40K border agents. Republican lead House (Boner) wouldn't even have a vote on it. Sound familiar?

That's because this nonsense is all about politics for republicans, just like abortion. When they know they don't have control to pass abortion legislation or immigration reform, they push it, like the 50 anti abortion bills the House voted on during obama administration. Then when they get all three branches, suddenly no talk of abortion, or immigration reform. Now that democrats took back the Senate, all of sudden its a national emergency. ANd they will use that to get absolute idiots to claim democrats are against border security. They have done this for 40+ years. how stupid must one be to be a right winger?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borde...ty,_and_Immigration_Modernization_Act_of_2013

Back
Top Bottom