• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:5949][W:1030]***Official January 6 Public Hearings Thread***

When people refuse to watch the hearings, and instead insist on invoking proven lies about election fraud and dismissing the whole commission as a "dog and pony show", it's a decidedly trollish thing to do. Don't like being called a troll? Don't act like one. Easy peasy!
It does look like a "dog and pony show". How can anyone expect a fair representation of the facts when every single member of the committee has a shared hatred of Trump?

You know that this is one of their talking points, and they’ll just keep repeating it.

What makes them think that Trump would have honored any request for National Guard, since he was planning the riot himself (or he had directed his henchmen to do it)?????

The whole line is ridiculous. But it’s all they have.
If anything Trump wanted troops to protect his supporters. Not the lawmakers within the Capitol whom he had threatened.

"President Donald Trump wanted National Guard troops in Washington to protect his supporters at a Jan. 6 rally that ended with them attacking the U.S. Capitol, leaving five dead, Trump's former Pentagon chief testified on Wednesday.

Former Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller told a House of Representatives panel that he spoke with Trump on Jan. 3, three days before the now-former president's fiery speech that preceded the violence and led to his second impeachment.

According to Miller's testimony, Trump asked during that meeting whether the District of Columbia's mayor had requested National Guard troops for Jan. 6, the day Congress was to ratify Joe Biden's presidential election victory.

Trump told Miller to "fill" the request, the former defense secretary testified. Miller said Trump told him: "Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights."

It does look like a "dog and pony show". How can anyone expect a fair representation of the facts when every single member of the committee has a shared hatred of Trump?
If you feel this committee is unfairly one-sided, then you can thank the spineless party-over-country Congressional Republicans for refusing to participate in the very bipartisan Commission that they themselves had agreed to before suddenly changing their mind. Also bear in mind that there are two Republicans on the committee, who crossed party lines because they love their country more than their political careers.

Never say never

Myself i want to live in a political environment where more than 1 party has a grip on reality.

The current GOP is a cult, it's the damn text book definition.

How the GOP comes back to its senses, idk

Maybe it's too late. I am a glass half full type of guy, but this shit is crazy, certifiable.

I'm a glass half full type of person too.

I'm also a realist.

I agree. We need more than one major political party. Without republicans we really don't have a democratic republic anymore. I've been trying to get republicans to see this since trump became president. They don't listen.

Seriously. I have spent a long time trying to help republicans see truth and facts.

The only thing I've learned in that time is that it's a waste of time to try to present honest facts to them.

The only thing republicans have for Cheney is hate and contempt. I wouldn't be surprised if she has been getting death threats or if someone actually tried to follow through on the threat.

This is a party of people who have been brainwashed since limbaugh. I started telling them that their fellow Americans aren't their enemy in the 80s.

When I realize I'm banging my head on a very solid and determined brick wall, I stop and go find something to take for the horrible headache it caused.

Acting Secretary gave these reasons and concerns for why he placed the restrictions he did on the Guard on Jan 6.
My concerns regarding the appropriate and limited use of the military in domestic matters were heightened by commentary in the media about the possibility of a military coup or that advisors to the President were advocating the declaration of martial law. I was also cognizant of the fears promulgated by many about the prior use of the military in the June 2020 response to protests near the White House and fears that the President would invoke the Insurrection Act to politicize the military in an anti-democratic manner. And, just before the Electoral College certification, ten former Secretaries of Defense signed an Op-Ed piece published in the Washington Post warning of the dangers of politicizing and using inappropriately the military.

No such thing was going to occur on my watch but these concerns, and hysteria about them, nonetheless factored into my decisions regarding the appropriate and limited use of our Armed Forces to support civilian law enforcement during the Electoral College certification. My obligation to the Nation was to prevent a constitutional crisis. That, in addition to the limited request from the Mayor for D.C. National Guard deployment distanced from the Capitol, is why I agreed only to deploy our Soldiers in areas away from the Capitol, avoiding amplifying the irresponsible narrative that your Armed Forces were somehow going to be co-opted in an effort to overturn the election. But I did not believe, and I think my senior advisors shared this view, that January 6, 2021 was going to be “business-as-usual.”

There was absolutely no way … I was putting U.S. military forces at the Capitol, period.” He cited media stories alleging that the President’s advisors were pushing him to declare martial law to invalidate the election and that Mr. Miller was an ally installed as the Acting SecDef to facilitate a coup. He also cited a January 3, 2021 open letter from 10 former Secretaries of Defense warning the Defense Department not to use the military in a manner antithetical to the U.S. Constitution. Mr. Miller stated that he “made a very deliberate decision that I would not put U.S. military people … East of the 9th Street, northwest. … And the reason for that was I knew if the morning of the 6th or prior if we put U.S. military personnel on the Capitol, I would have created the greatest Constitutional crisis probably since the Civil War.”

What about the discrepancies and statistical data proving the Dems rigged the election? Are they going to show it during the hearing?

The mail-in ballots were the Dems “Trojan Horse”.

Now they are running a “dog and pony show” to project/hide what the truth really is.

With all the hate the MSM filled people with, along with TDS and the constant projection of that hate on to Donald Trump, then projecting everything and anything they don’t agree with as Trumpism? It’s a scapegoat tactic.

Does that even sound rational?

Whine, whine, whine!

Recycle discredited false claims.

The “truth” you’re referring to are lies. Lies even Cyber Ninjas couldn’t make come true.

I seriously doubt we will hear anything that the Dems haven't already blabbered about in the media for several months.

I
Thanks for proving me right

Republicans voted against having an independent investigation. You've fallen for their trap. They wanted you to have exactly this reaction. Congrats.

I hadn't heard multiple members of congress were begging Trump for a pardon for their parts of his scheme, had you?

Actually, yes, I was aware of that. When the coup attempt failed, they all ran for cover. And Trump let them hang, as he usually did with people who were of no use to him anymore.

What about the discrepancies and statistical data proving the Dems rigged the election? Are they going to show it during the hearing?

The mail-in ballots were the Dems “Trojan Horse”.

Now they are running a “dog and pony show” to project/hide what the truth really is.

With all the hate the MSM filled people with, along with TDS and the constant projection of that hate on to Donald Trump, then projecting everything and anything they don’t agree with as Trumpism? It’s a scapegoat tactic.

Does that even sound rational?

All of this crap has been proven false.

Trump lost.

It's as simple as that.

"Have they set a date yet for prime time hearings on the riots that left 19 dead,2,000 officers injured,97 police cars burned,over 600 acts of arson,2300 acts of looting & over $2 billion in property damage?"

Why would Congress hold hearings on that?

We had riots in NH a few years ago. Hundreds of white Keene State students set fires, turned over and burned cars, attacked police, cost millions in property damage, etc. Was Congress supposed to hold hearings for that?

Here the flush of Trumps 2024 chances
While Jan 6 - and many other abuses - SHOULD bar Trump from being able to run again, I do not think this hearing will do anything to impact it's likelihood. :-/

If you feel this committee is unfairly one-sided, then you can thank the spineless party-over-country Congressional Republicans for refusing to participate in the very bipartisan Commission that they themselves had agreed to before suddenly changing their mind. Also bear in mind that there are two Republicans on the committee, who crossed party lines because they love their country more than their political careers.
Republican didn't "refuse" anything. Nancy Pelosi appointed them.

"The panel comprises seven Democrats and two Republicans all appointed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. She previously rejected several GOP members originally selected for the panel by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy — Rep. Jim Banks of Indiana and Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio — citing "statements and actions" made by the pair that she felt would "impact the integrity of the committee." Both Banks and Jordan had publicly expressed concerns over the panel itself."

I didn't realize we weren't going to see two sides. It would be helpful to see all of the evidence from both sides and not just a one-sided viewpoint. Although, that viewpoint is exceptionally strong for that day being a horrific event that should never have happened and should never happen again. What a bunch of crazy animals.

Sadly this is how far they have fallen, it's one sided if they don't get to hear from a bunch of "crazy animals".....

59bb5d1d56b91fea82c071353de2d99aa38d55a3.jpg

......wonder what happens when the "crazy animals" refuse to speak.

Just claim its a partisan witch hunt ?

Couldn't help but notice that one of the people "on the stand" yesterday implied that he wasn't exactly there voluntarily, said he was under subpoena.

Maybe we will get to see uncooperative witnesses in the coming days.

:unsure:

Facts have no bias, you know.

The jury in the Depp/Heard trial may have hated them both. Does that mean they couldn't do their jobs?

If you're on a jury and the case is a 30 year old man who raped his 2 month old daughter, you think you love the guy and can't be impartial when you're looking at facts?

Republican didn't "refuse" anything. Nancy Pelosi appointed them.

"The panel comprises seven Democrats and two Republicans all appointed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. She previously rejected several GOP members originally selected for the panel by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy — Rep. Jim Banks of Indiana and Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio — citing "statements and actions" made by the pair that she felt would "impact the integrity of the committee." Both Banks and Jordan had publicly expressed concerns over the panel itself."
Say what? https://www.npr.org/2021/05/28/1000...-independent-commission-on-jan-6-capitol-riot

"Have they set a date yet for prime time hearings on the riots that left 19 dead,2,000 officers injured,97 police cars burned,over 600 acts of arson,2300 acts of looting & over $2 billion in property damage?"

JFKs killer hasn't been convicted. Neither has 2pacs. Yet we still prosecute murders everyday.

Crying about other crimes to excuse crimes of terrorists whos America hating motto you like is a weak and ignorant defense.

You don’t remember Cheney talking about the meeting with Flynn, Powell, and Giuliani where they were feeding Trump bullshit and White House staff were rushing to get him out of there when they found out?

They weren’t “rushing to get him out of there”. They discovered that Trump had invited them to a meeting without telling his staff, and they were rushing to counter the BS coming from Flynn, Powell, and Giuliani.

But the BS is what Trump wanted to hear.

Every single person who loves this country or even has respect for our country should hate terrorists like him.

JFKs killer hasn't been convicted. Neither has 2pacs. Yet we still prosecute murders everyday.

Crying about other crimes to excuse crimes of terrorists whos America hating motto you like is a weak and ignorant defense.
;)(y)

I'll say it again: Republicans had everyone opportunity to be on the January 6 Commission panel, but refused. House Democrats/Speaker Pelosi agreed to EVERYTHING they asked for except allowing Rep. Jim Jordan as a member of the Committee. When Pelosi refused his placement, Minority Leader McCarthy pulled ALL House Republicans from the Committee. All McCarthy had to do was replace Jordan with someone else (preferably someone more credible), but he choose not to.

So, any claim of the J6 Commission being a partisan witch hunt is false right off the bat. House Republicans had their chance to be part of this investigative process and refused.

Republicans voted against having an independent investigation. You've fallen for their trap. They wanted you to have exactly this reaction. Congrats.
I assure you I am quite capable of thinking for myself.

Back
Top Bottom