• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:5949][W:1030]***Official January 6 Public Hearings Thread***

WTF

Is this true, i did not see this in the hearing.

The Miller testimony isn't from this hearing (yet?).

Kushner was ”working on pardons,” what the actual ****?

9d71e8d5c011d183291cb0bf4dfc9c8827b5040c.jpg

:rolleyes:

I didn't realize we weren't going to see two sides. It would be helpful to see all of the evidence from both sides and not just a one-sided viewpoint. Although, that viewpoint is exceptionally strong for that day being a horrific event that should never have happened and should never happen again. What a bunch of crazy animals.
Sometimes there are two sides to an argument. Often, there are multiple sides. And sometimes the right and wrong are perfectly clear.

Just so I am clear about this;

Do you believe that Trump planned an insurrection and coordinated it with the protesters, Jan 6th that was the attempt?

So that you are clear on this;

Up until that hearing, I believed that the insurrection was a spontaneous event. A protest that turned into a riot then turned into an insurrection.

Up until that hearing, I didn't believe or even think that trump planned and coordinated it.

Now after watching that hearing, YES I now believe trump planned and coordinated all of it.

I don't want to believe that but I saw the evidence. I can't ignore that. I will watch the rest of the hearings to see the rest of their evidence but if it's anything like I saw last night, it will only solidify my believe that trump and everyone involved with this insurrection should be indicted and if found guilty, spend the rest of their miserable lives in prison.

Just to let you know, I have been a registered Independent since 1978. I have voted a variety of parties through the decades. Not just democrat or republican.

I know that no politician, either democrat or republican, can win an election without Independents like me.

I can't speak for all Independents. I can speak for myself. The republicans have sent me running from them in horror of what they have become. I will never vote for a republican until they become a sane party that works for the good of ALL the people of our nation.

The Reich Tribunal is lying.

{
Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the "optics" of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence. He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.

Like Sund, Irving and Stenger have also since resigned their posts.

Sund says he requested assistance six times ahead of and during the attack on the Capitol. Each of those requests was denied or delayed, he says.

Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser also wanted a light police presence at the Capitol. She reportedly wanted to avoid a similar scenario as last summer, when federal forces responded to demonstrators opposed to police abuses who assembled near the White House.}

democrats lie about everything - always
You're conflating two different things. The committee stated that after the Capitol had been breached President Trump did not contact any element of the US Federal Government, he never contacted the Secretary of Defense, Homeland security, Chiefs of staff, the DOJ or FBI to divert or devote any of their resources to the defense of the Capitol and put a halt to violence. Not a single soul. Trump was happy to let it continue and he did. What your linked article is talking about is the security preparations or lack thereof leading up to and prior the events of January 6. And Sund said that the people primarily pushing back on the "optics" of the presence of the Guard at the Capitol were the Secret Service and military leaders of which former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's brother was one. There is an another dark reason also as to why National Guard units were not placed nearer to the Capitol.

They? The witch hunters? Those who will not introduce Nancy Pelosi's correspondence refusing the National Guard? Those who openly falsified evidence from Jim Jordan?

It must sting that Tucker Carlson had more viewers in the same time slot than the Nazi democrats pulled in for their Reichstag Fire campaign ad - illegally funded by taxpayers.

Whether Nancy Pelosi asked for the National Guard in advance of the riot Trump was planning is irrelevant.

But since Trump and his henchmen were planning a riot, what makes you think he would have honored her request.

He did not honor it once his riot started.

Explain that.

Well, I'm used to watching non-political trials where each side makes their own argument. This is like the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard case but with only the Johnny Depp side speaking. I guess that's how the political process goes, though.

Are you under the impression this is a trial?

"Have they set a date yet for prime time hearings on the riots that left 19 dead,2,000 officers injured,97 police cars burned,over 600 acts of arson,2300 acts of looting & over $2 billion in property damage?"

You're conflating two different things. The committee stated that after the Capitol had been breached President Trump did not contact any element of the US Federal Government, he never contacted the Secretary of Defense, Homeland security, Chiefs of staff, the DOJ or FBI to divert or devote any of their resources to the defense of the Capitol and put a halt to violence. Not a single soul. Trump was happy to let it continue and he did. What your linked article is talking about is the security preparations or lack thereof leading up to and prior the events of January 6. And Sund said that the people primarily pushing back on the "optics" of the presence of the Guard at the Capitol were the Secret Service and military leaders of which former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's brother was one. There is an another dark reason also as to why National Guard units were not placed nearer to the Capitol.

You know that this is one of their talking points, and they’ll just keep repeating it.

What makes them think that Trump would have honored any request for National Guard, since he was planning the riot himself (or he had directed his henchmen to do it)?????

The whole line is ridiculous. But it’s all they have.

Sometimes there are two sides to an argument. Often, there are multiple sides. And sometimes the right and wrong are perfectly clear.

Oh, I agree that's it's very clear that every single person who ransacked the Capitol building, assaulted others, ran after Congressmen and women needs to go to prison. And Trump's speech and tweets fanned the flames. I just want to hear how a Congressmen would defend that side.

No one is is paying attention to this manufactured drivel.

However, they are paying attention to the highest inflation rate in 40 years.

Minorities are flocking to the GOP in droves. Hispanics especially, and Democrats are in full panic.

These silly diversionary tactics don't work when real-life Democrat policies are destroying American lives daily in their pocketbooks.

Democrats got their revolution. It's just backwards from what they intended.

Think about what you're doing here. You're blaming Nancy and Mitch because the NG wasn't there to protect the Capitol from a bunch of Trump-crazed MAGA thugs. That's only the "biggest question" to MAGAs. For the rest of us, it's the MAGA thugs who stormed the Capitol, injuring scores of LEOs who were there doing their job.

And then there is Miller, Acting SecDef, who in the clearest terms assumed command of the DCNG, and straight jacketed them. He works for Trump, was appointed by Trump. If you want to blame anyone, that's the man in charge, through his boss, Trump. You've seen the memo. You have to know by now that Miller didn't approve using the DCNG until after 4pm on January 6, after the riots had abeen going on for hours.

So, yeah, tell me all about why we don't know why the NG wasn't there. The answer is Trump and his minions, but you move the goal posts to "Nancy" like a good little MAGA soldier. It's sickening.

aa
You see. Nancy and her lack of thugs was planned to allow Trump thugs to look like thugs

It was part of an evil plan to allow the evil plan to storm the capital building.

Now if Nancy did not have her evil plan the evil plan to storm the capital building would have failed. It is Nancy and her evil plan that is the problem

Man what a sorry drinking party last night. Nobody posted about hunter , or dogs or ponies or anything except a couple of drive-by smearlies.
I had to watch Fox to get a few belts down. We were all set to see the chapped a** posts from trump supporters and it was gonna be bottoms up! But NO, y'all wimped out after they rolled out the facts ! 🤬

No one is is paying attention to this manufactured drivel.

However, they are paying attention to the highest inflation rate in 40 years.

Minorities are flocking to the GOP in droves. Hispanics especially, and Democrats are in full panic.

These silly diversionary tactics don't work when real-life Democrat policies are destroying American lives daily in their pocketbooks.

Democrats got their revolution. It's just backwards from what they intended.

You appear to be paying attention...

Oh, I agree that's it's very clear that every single person who ransacked the Capitol building, assaulted others, ran after Congressmen and women needs to go to prison. And Trump's speech and tweets fanned the flames. I just want to hear how a Congressmen would defend that side.

Are you saying there is another side that can justify what happened?

I would get more facts from a rerun of the Simpsons than the from the taxpayer funded campaign ad the fascists ran last night.

It must really burn you that more Americans tuned in to Tucker Carlson during Gobbelsesq dog and pony show than watched the democrat farce.

See if you can toss in a few more right wing code words. You’re slacking off!

I didn't realize we weren't going to see two sides.
If you feel this Commission is unfairly one-sided, then you can thank the spineless party-over-country Congressional Republicans for refusing to participate in the very bipartisan Commission that they themselves had agreed to before suddenly changing their mind.

It would be helpful to see all of the evidence from both sides and not just a one-sided viewpoint.
What "other side" do you think there is? Were you expecting to see more blame placed on the non-existent Antifa agitators? Were you expecting to see more irrelevant and desperate comparisons to the BLM riots? Were you expecting to see more alternative facts routinely peddled by the far-right echo chambers?

Because it's fair to hear both sides?

What side? That we should excuse what happened and forget about it? If it had been thousands of antifa would you feel the same?

What side? That we should excuse what happened and forget about it? If it had been thousands of antifa would you feel the same?

Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom