• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:5949][W:1030]***Official January 6 Public Hearings Thread***

You think speaking on the phone is direct evidence of a crime? What is the crime?
You don't know what McCarthy said. You don't know what trump said. That's why you're asking the question.

Former Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo scheduled to testify before 1/6 Committee today

I just mean you are posting, basically, that you hate Trump. That's no news to me.
No, that's just the little dolly you invented to play with. And it's just a coping mechanism to ignore anything anybody actually says or any facts presented to you.

No, that's just the little dolly you invented to play with. And it's just a coping mechanism to ignore anything anybody actually says or any facts presented to you.
He truly thinks that if he posts last, no matter how inane, he wins.

Are you sure we are talking about the same post? Because that answer is a bit weird.

Former Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo scheduled to testify before 1/6 Committee today

Mike Pompeo was asked about discussing the 25th Amendment, a few early reports suggest neither witness was very cooperative. Rep. Lofgren was fairly positive. Pompeo is still looking for a future as a Republican. We can't tell if that changed the discussion.,

"Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with the January 6 Congressional Committee. He could shed light on discussions about invoking the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office after the attack on the U.S. Capitol."

"Also today, Doug Mastriano, who is the Republican nominee for governor of Pennsylvania, who was outside the Capitol on January 6, appeared virtually before the committee, but he left after challenging its validity. "

"Lofgren refused to comment on the particulars of Pompeo’s testimony in an interview on Tuesday, but told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on “The Situation Room” that “he came in willingly, and he did answer questions for quite some time.”

"When asked if the committee learned any new information from Pompeo’s testimony, Lofgren said, “I think we fill in a few pieces here and there each time we interview someone. Obviously, we’ve had testimony from others about what he said and did. And so, it’s just a matter of filling out the entire picture, especially on that day and the events subsequent to that day, where the Cabinet secretaries had concerns about the President.”

GOP's Doug Mastriano abruptly ends Jan. 6 interview after refusing to answer 'a single question'

Republican gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano reportedly ended his interview with the January 6 committee after just 15 minutes.

The Pennsylvania state senator wanted to record the deposition about his actions on January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol or wait until after the November election, but the House select committee declined his offer.

A source told CNN that Mastriano "didn't answer a single question" during his virtual appearance before the committee.

His attorney Tim Parlatore sent a letter last week saying the GOP gubernatorial candidate, who frequently streams his public appearances on Facebook, would not testify unless it could be recorded.

This is from an original request made in 2019. Has nothing to do with 1/6

House Committee Can Get Trump’s Tax Returns, Appeals Court Rules​

Donald Trump’s tax returns must be turned over to the House Ways and Means Committee, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday, the latest ruling in the ex-president’s ongoing effort to shield his taxes from Democrats in Congress.

CRUCIAL QUOTE

“While it is possible that Congress may attempt to threaten the sitting President with an invasive request after leaving office, every President takes office knowing that he will be subject to the same laws as all other citizens upon leaving office,” Judge David B. Sentelle wrote for the court, responding to Trump’s argument that letting the committee get his tax returns would “hinder Congress’ ‘ongoing relationship with the President.’” “This is a feature of our democratic republic, not a bug.”

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

The Ways and Means Committee claimed Tuesday it expected to get the tax returns “immediately,” but the court’s judgement won’t actually take effect for another seven days, giving Trump time to likely appeal the court’s ruling. The ex-president can ask the full D.C. Circuit to rule on the case (rather than just a panel of a few judges), and he could also appeal it to the Supreme Court.

Finally, we get to watch public hearings instead of just hear what happens during closed door "I plead the Fifth" trials on talk shows. Discuss everything that happens during these prime time events in this thread only, "Russia invades Ukraine" style. Let's get to it.

I am sure you all know how not to watch it by now. Your choices are NPR, PBS, CBS, ABC, MBC, MSNBC, and my favorite, CNN, plus a lot of websites for live streaming.

Tonight we are watching the first hearing; there are several more later this month. Have fun, no matter what your opinions about Trump the Terrorist are.
It's been a hit so far.

GOP's Doug Mastriano abruptly ends Jan. 6 interview after refusing to answer 'a single question'

Republican gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano reportedly ended his interview with the January 6 committee after just 15 minutes.

The Pennsylvania state senator wanted to record the deposition about his actions on January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol or wait until after the November election, but the House select committee declined his offer.

A source told CNN that Mastriano "didn't answer a single question" during his virtual appearance before the committee.

His attorney Tim Parlatore sent a letter last week saying the GOP gubernatorial candidate, who frequently streams his public appearances on Facebook, would not testify unless it could be recorded.

The republican children can't stand the heat.

I am surprised this thread became inactive after the last hearing. What is that about?

@Patriotic Voter
@Credence

The last public hearing will be Wednesday. The radio said today that Roger Stone's documentary will be featured.

I think it's at 1 Eastern, I'm trying to get my boss let me have the day off ☺️
You need a whole day off just to listen to politicians trying to put a nail in Trump's coffin?
Why not just put in an honest day's work and record it for later enjoyment?

You need a whole day off just to listen to politicians trying to put a nail in Trump's coffin?
Why not just put in an honest day's work and record it for later enjoyment?
It's like this, I want to see it live, and I haven't had a day off in months already. Besides , the research and the study is work of a different kind, so I get to choose to ask, we'll see what Mr. Newcombe has to say about it. If not, I'll record it.

It's like this, I want to see it live, and I haven't had a day off in months already. Besides , the research and the study is work of a different kind, so I get to choose to ask, we'll see what Mr. Newcombe has to say about it. If not, I'll record it.
OK, I'll ask, who is Mr. Newcombe?

OK,go for it and good luck.
On Wednesday, I hope the committee has something worth seeing and not just a single 9 second phone call from someone in the White House and some rioter during the invasion of the Capitol Bldg.

Back
Top Bottom