• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:5949][W:1030]***Official January 6 Public Hearings Thread***

It makes plenty of sense. Not to a lib, but it still makes sense.

They would have stopped at 20, 30 witnesses and realized there's no crime here, not even close. That's if they were after the truth. But, we know they aren't. Prime time hearings, thousands of witnesses, refusing to release transcripts, cherry picking what they do release... all political.

Of course, the low information types eat it up, they are essential to the existence of the Democrat party.
You’re embarrassing yourself.

Although you seem to have had a lot of practice.

You realize they were not investigating a crime, but what actually happened on 1/6 and what the WH response (or lack of such) was. Thats the mission of the committee.

They didn’t stop with a finite amount of witnesses because its patently obvious that there was wrongdoing, and its getting clearer it may be criminal.

It’s pretty clear you see its exposing a crime too - you wouldnt have jumped on that word if it wasn’t looking like one.

The real question is what in the holy hell is the Secret Service hiding that they have to delete stuff and potentially go to jail for deleting stuff?

It's got to be way worse than the potential sentences they can get for deleting stuff.

That didn't prevent trump from making a video to send them home when he first returned to the WH about 2pm. Why didn't he stop the riot? Because he wanted the riot. They needed the delay to stop the count. Pence made the call for mobilization, trump did nothing. When Milley wanted to speak with trump during the riot, Meadows told him that they didn't want an intervention because they wanted to maintain the narrative that trump was in control.
This just exposes that the committee is hiding exculpatory evidence. Pence isn't even in the chain of command to make the NG available.

You’re embarrassing yourself. Although you seem to have had a lot of practice. You realize they were not investigating a crime, but what actually happened on 1/6 and what the WH response (or lack of such) was. Thats the mission of the committee. They didn’t stop with a finite amount of witnesses because its patently obvious that there was wrongdoing, and its getting clearer it may be criminal. It’s pretty clear you see its exposing a crime too - you wouldnt have jumped on that word if it wasn’t looking like one.
LOL, funny how you grasp at straws and think you are making a point.

This just exposes that the committee is hiding exculpatory evidence. Pence isn't even in the chain of command to make the NG available.
Right. But the committee wasnt calling Pence to call out the NG - the other members of the administration did.

That means either someone didnt trust Trump to be competent to make that decision, or Pence and others were calling out military forces without authorization.

And somehow you think this doesnt need to be investigated.

What is the exculpatory evidence you suspect? If they divulge all the information they have, that could possibly taint the testimony of others who have not yet appeared before the committee or have not yet testified to DOJ. They aren't under any obligation to release information now nor is DOJ compelled to release anything, at this time. The committee is required by law to release ALL testimony, transcripts, data and materials within 6 months from the publication of their final report. All special or select committees have been bound by that same law. ( The only exceptions are national security ) The report and the data will be published through the GPO.

What was it that I posted that led to your response/ claim?

Pence gave strict and explicit orders, trump didn't respond. Trump could have ended the riot at least two hours earlier, why didn't he do so? Gen. Milley called and Meadows would not connect him to speak with trump. Meadows told Milley that the WH didn't want to intervene because they wanted to maintain the narrative that trump was in control. Meaning that if trump was in control, the NG wasn't needed.

Pence took action. Trump refused.

I noticed you ain't got nothing.

This just exposes that the committee is hiding exculpatory evidence.
then one would think the people who would benefit from that exculpatory evidence would bring it forward
that would be tantalizing for any media organization to release. yet that has not happened

no. this is a lame attempt to get the opposition to prove a negative

Pence isn't even in the chain of command to make the NG available.
was the right call made? did the NG presence enable the resumption of the Constitutional requirement to certify the electoral college votes and for the president of the senate to seclare the election winner?

did pence attempt to call the president? did the president respond? did pence have reason to believe the president was not in a position to carry out his presidential duties ... which, if true, would compel the vice president to act?

Will leave you all with this ....... goodnight

I don't know if anyone watched this last night but this was a great presentation put together by Ari Melber. He pulls everything together in a clear and concise manner for the audience.

It is definitely worth watching. He does not draw any conclusions for the audience but shows what elements were legal, in gray area or may be criminal based on legal expertise

Excellent

I don't know if anyone watched this last night but this was a great presentation put together by Ari Melber. He pulls everything together in a clear and concise manner for the audience.

It is definitely worth watching. He does not draw any conclusions for the audience but shows what elements were legal, in gray area or may be criminal based on legal expertise

Excellent

I saw it. Good show.

Excellent

I saw that too! Very comprehensive summary. Almost like a one hour guide to understanding J6.

The takeaway for me is how well it summarized:

The kegger CT is dead. The scheme was forming on election night, and continued the entire period. It was not spontaneous.

The sabotage of the EC was a last resort, after the other schemes fell apart. It started out as a legal effort in the courts, after failing there the desperation grew. The left to right timeline shows how busy they were.

trump was at the hub of a wide ranging effort.

ha! When I saw it I thought of posting but I didn't get it together, I took this picture, real amateur photo off the screen lol
IMG_20220729_175842758_HDR.jpg

You are such a troll ...........

It is so clear you have NOTHING to support your erroneous allegations.
Not worth even discussing with you further
It is you (the collective left) that have nothing. Thousands of witnesses, prime time hearings, day time hearings, secret hearings, even an emergency! hearing. And you guys can't get it through your think skulls that this is a 100% political operation to try and salvage the election and stop Trump from running.

So, I just don't want to keep repeating it over and over. So I'll through a few curve balls in there. That's why I'm one of the last here, everyone else has already figured out that there is a lack of ability for you guys to understand.

The FTG and his co-conspirators told you what they were doing starting when he said that if he lost the election was rigged in the summer of 2020. He declared his so-called re-election on Election Day and then they began their plans after numerous court cases (61) and then the fake electors and then Eastman's plot, the DoJ plots, military plans to take voting machines, martial law and then the rally on 1/6 to force Pence to declare Biden's win a loss.

It was all out in the open in plain sight. The quiet parts were said out loud.

The FTG and his co-conspirators told you what they were doing starting when he said that if he lost the election was rigged in the summer of 2020. He declared his so-called re-election on Election Day and then they began their plans after numerous court cases (61) and then the fake electors and then Eastman's plot, the DoJ plots, military plans to take voting machines, martial law and then the rally on 1/6 to force Pence to declare Biden's win a loss.

It was all out in the open in plain sight. The quiet parts were said out loud.
Right. That's the story of his presidency, really. He did the dirty deeds right in front of everyone. "**** you, I'm the president, what are you going to do about it?"

Thats why Bill Barr was invited in. He agreed.

Jan. 6 committee's August plan: More interviews with TFG's aides and studying the 25th Amendment
Includes a video by Biden

The Jan. 6 committee continues gathering information from witnesses including TFG's Cabinet secretaries while drafting fixes to prevent another attack and a final report about what happened.

After a series of eight blockbuster hearings in June and July, the House committee investigating the Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, will continue working during August to interview more witnesses, draft recommendations for legislation and begin writing a report about what happened that day and why.

The Committee is exploring how members of former TFG’s Cabinet considered whether to invoke the 25th Amendment, to potentially remove him from office during the final two weeks of his term.

Nobody asked you to chime in with your misinformation. Go back under your rock. Hate Islander's fans.
Hey thanks for bumping the thread back up to the top!

Back
Top Bottom