• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 594] A great question for pro abortion types

How many questions are there?

If she decided she didnt want a baby why didnt her and her pardner be responsible and have safe sex???? Killing a baby is murder and for the reason she and her pardner were not responsible???????????

Under Roe? There are no babies involved, if the abortion is under the guidelines of Roe. & Roe makes this explicit - if the abortion follows the Roe guidelines, the abortion is not murder. It says so right in Roe.

Re: A great question for pro abortion types

The question is-----------if the baby aborted is not human, why are organs being harvested from them. That doesnt seem to compute.

Any logical comments?

Answer: Nobody is claiming that the fetus isn't human, they are claiming that early term fetuses don't have personhood.

The question is-----------if the baby aborted is not human, why are organs being harvested from them. That doesnt seem to compute.

Any logical comments?

Being human tissue doesn't make one a human being. I could cut off my hand, for example, and then its tendons, muscles, bones, skin, etc. harvested. The harm would not be to my hand, it would be to me. My hand is not a human being. Most people who think abortion morally permissible think that, up to a certain point in the pregnancy, the fetus is merely a collection of human tissues--crucially, lacking consciousness or individuality. Arguably, the harm that murder does is that it either destroys an individual consciousness, or removes it from being able to act in the world. If a fetus doesn't have that--whether or not it is composed of human tissues--it's just not morally repugnant to abort it.

I don't know ANYONE who is "pro-abortion"

MOST Americans are pro CHOICE

Wrong you are either pro abortion, or against it.

Re: The Pro-choice stance

Originally Posted by Logical1

Any logical comments?

Baby isn't aborted - it's a fetus, & that's by the holding of the US Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade, 1973 CE. Essentially, the SC holds that in order to be a person - from a legal POV - the fetus has to be born - that is, be a baby.

The fetus isn't a person, & so has no rights. & therfore, the woman can elect to have an abortion, up until the fetus is viable.

The humanity of the fetus was never in question, & the SC didn't rule on that, TMK.
The SC can change that law too. Remember slavery was once legal, and it got changed.

Being human tissue doesn't make one a human being. I could cut off my hand, for example, and then its tendons, muscles, bones, skin, etc. harvested. The harm would not be to my hand, it would be to me. My hand is not a human being. Most people who think abortion morally permissible think that, up to a certain point in the pregnancy, the fetus is merely a collection of human tissues--crucially, lacking consciousness or individuality. Arguably, the harm that murder does is that it either destroys an individual consciousness, or removes it from being able to act in the world. If a fetus doesn't have that--whether or not it is composed of human tissues--it's just not morally repugnant to abort it.

Are you saying that if a woman has an abortion, she should have her hand cut off????????????

You can call and unborn baby any damned thing you want to, fetus or what ever, but it is still a human being with its own DNA. Killing a human being is murder.

I still say there must be a special place in Hell for abortion doctors, right next to Stalin, Hitler, and Mao.

I am very pro abortion. I am also very pro other medical procedures

You can call and unborn baby any damned thing you want to, fetus or what ever, but it is still a human being with its own DNA. Killing a human being is murder.

I still say there must be a special place in Hell for abortion doctors, right next to Stalin, Hitler, and Mao.

Damm right it's a human. A dead one after the abortion

Are you saying that if a woman has an abortion, she should have her hand cut off????????????

No. I have no idea why a competent speaker of English could read what I wrote and think that's what I am saying. If you cut off a woman's hand, you harm a human being. If you abort a fetus before it becomes a human being, you harm nothing and no one.

No. I have no idea why a competent speaker of English could read what I wrote and think that's what I am saying. If you cut off a woman's hand, you harm a human being. If you abort a fetus before it becomes a human being, you harm nothing and no one.

and just when does the fetus (your description) become human?????

The day may come when you have to explain that position. And then beg forgiveness!!!!!!!!!!!!

You too.

It seems logical to me the fetus (again your description) might think a huge amount of harm has come to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems logical to me the fetus (again your description) might think a huge amount of harm has come to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any that complain can make their case

Any logical comments?

Ever get a vaccination? Ever read the "ingredients" of the label, the line about "human diploid cells" (on certain vaccines) ?

Apparently, the cells, derived from aborted fetuses, are associated with certain vaccines, in some way. I'm not a biologist, so I don't know the science.

You might want to google it before you get your next shot.

Which is greater, the life of the baby or a womans "rights"??????

Thanks for the addition on my sig that shows the utter ignorance on the part of pro lifers.

and just when does the fetus (your description) become human?????

It's always been human. However, it's probably not a human being until around the 7th or 8th month. It becomes a human being when it has an individual consciousness.

The fetus does not think. The fetus cannot think--any more than a hand on its own can think.

Any logical comments?

What baby would that be? Abortion prevents the birth of babies.

How do you live?

You want sharply black or white in a World full of grays & colors? Why?

What is the logical necessity for imposing Hobson's choice upon the World? & how do you propose to go about it?

Any logical comments?
You are asking a really moronic and ignorant question.

Some history on the cases

The SC can change that law too. Remember slavery was once legal, and it got changed.

The SC holding on Roe v. Wade is based on a long line of precedents & common-law understandings of pregnancy & fetus, going back to English common law (which the British colonies in what became the US adopted), as well as the US adopted. The precedents & associated with Roe are available @ any good article on Roe - the 1973 SC didn't simply pluck legal arguments out of the air.

Slavery was legal because the colonies (pre-US) & then the US inherited it from Britain. Abortion in British common law, was never outlawed, & prosecution was typically limited to a misdemeanor, as I recall. Abortion was quasi-legal in the US too, & rarely prosecuted - until the AMA in the US began agitating against the use of midwives in birthing in the late 1800s CE. The doctors succeeded, & abortion was outlawed by the states as part & parcel of the anti-midwife effort, by the 1900s.

Therefore the 1973 holding of Roe recognizes abortion as a possibility for women, & considers abortion to be part of the treatment spectrum available to women under a right to privacy (for medical treatment) & also as part of the family information that women & families have a right to (birth control, parenting, schooling of children, etc.)

Slavery in the US was abolished by force of arms - incidental to the US Civil War. With the US South's political influence in Congress momentarily paralyzed after the Civil War, it was easy enough to pass Constitutional amendments outlawing slavery & etc.

Back
Top Bottom