• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:59] ***If reading only one article this year...

Re: If reading only one article this year...

For people that are in opposition to Trump and all he stands for, they will not be learning anything new. For those that support Trump, they quite possibly will never finish reading the entire article and that's if they even begin to read it.

I'm in complete agreement with those democrats who are reserved about pulling out the impeachment papers just yet. They know that if those efforts were defeated too soon that it would only strengthen his base and his republican co-conspirators. The author put it very succinctly;

"To move against Trump now, Democrats seem to believe, would only strengthen the president’s hand. Better to wait for public opinion to turn decisively against him and then use impeachment to ratify that view."

I am hoping, but not pinning all my hopes on, that when the facts are disclosed publicly and people see with their own eyes and hear with their own ears how deeply and solidly Russia has embedded itself within our government, they will be shocked and they will demand that their Congressmen act to impeach immediately. I think the revelations are going to be a lot more shocking than anyone can anticipate.

I am hoping, but not pinning all my hopes on, that when the facts are disclosed publicly and people see with their own eyes and hear with their own ears how deeply and solidly Russia has embedded itself within our government, they will be shocked and they will demand that their Congressmen act to impeach immediately. I think the revelations are going to be a lot more shocking than anyone can anticipate.

Those people who haven't already known that for at least two years running, they need to get it together and crawl out from under that rock they've been living under.

Wow. That was an amazing read.

As for the liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, Trump has repeatedly trampled upon them. He pledged to ban entry to the United States on the basis of religion, and did his best to follow through. He has attacked the press as the “enemy of the people” and barred critical outlets and reporters from attending his events. He has assailed black protesters. He has called for his critics in private industry to be fired from their jobs. He has falsely alleged that America’s electoral system is subject to massive fraud, impugning election results with which he disagrees as irredeemably tainted. Elected officials of both parties have repeatedly condemned such statements, which has only spurred the president to repeat them.

Every word of that is spot on. Every. Word.

That is not to say that impeachment hearings against Trump would be sober and orderly. The Clinton hearings were something of a circus, and the past two years on Capitol Hill suggest that any Trump hearings will be far worse. The president’s stalwart defenders are already attacking the integrity of potential witnesses and airing their own conspiracy theories; an attempt to smear Mueller with sexual-misconduct claims collapsed spectacularly in October. His accusers, meanwhile, hurl epithets and invective.

Also completely spot on.

Those were just 2 passages in a very interesting (long, too) article. I learned a lot about what occurred during the Johnson years. It also gave me great perspective into the thinking of the Framers.

I agree with you. That is one article everyone should read.

thank you for sharing this!

Those people who haven't already known that for at least two years running, they need to get it together and crawl out from under that rock they've been living under.

Year #1 and #2 it was 'her emails!!' 'Benghazi!!' Uranium One"

Entering year #3, Those things have all been disproved and the attention and focus on that bull**** waned and disappeared. There's only one thing left and that's the symbol of the wall and that's all the republicans have left to hang their hats on. It's a symbol of all those things they hate; illegals, Muslims, brown skinned people, etc. All those things rolled into one symbolic, desperate need - the wall.

'Cause you seriously don't want to end up on the wrong side of history.
And really an obviously slanted piece from an ultra-liberal periodical is going to put us on "the right side of history"? Not friggin' likely. I made it about two pages into the article before my eyeball muscles cramped from rolling them so much. You guys enjoy your ideological circle jerk with out me.

And really an obviously slanted piece from an ultra-liberal periodical is going to put us on "the right side of history"? Not friggin' likely. I made it about two pages into the article before my eyeball muscles cramped from rolling them so much. You guys enjoy your ideological circle jerk with out me.

Now I know what people cut ears off negros and posted them to Stowe.

Hi eye, see you're being your usual self. It must be rather dull disagreeing with everything. I kinda' like the libertarian idea, but not all the inconvenience it would bring actually living the lifestyle.

Hi eye, see you're being your usual self. It must be rather dull disagreeing with everything. I kinda' like the libertarian idea, but not all the inconvenience it would bring actually living the lifestyle.
Got anything other than personal affronts? Oh, wait - you're a Progressive. I already know the answer.

Got anything other than personal affronts? Oh, wait - you're a Progressive. I already know the answer.

It was an observation from reading many of your posts, no personal affront. I can count on angel for a particular kind of post, grokmeister for another and you cause you always disagree with most posters...and you used the term circle jerk to show others your disdain for their opinions. I don't believe I've ever attacked you personally.

'Cause you seriously don't want to end up on the wrong side of history.
Thanks for your concern. I will take my chances

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That was truly an amazing article. As one who best remembers the Clinton impeachment circus, I have been loathe to support impeachment until after Mueller's Report has been issued. Now I'm rethinking that.

I hope every single member of the House of Representatives is given a copy of this excellent article immediately.

I also hope every member of DP will read it, regardless of which "tribe" it supports, out of love for our country. This article is about the erosion and fracture of every institution each and every one of us should cherish; the only entity that can stop it from happening is the American population, united as a whole.

The "**** it, Mueller is taking too long and I am out of patience, Let's move against this AssHole now" school is growing rapidly.

Last edited:

It was an observation from reading many of your posts, no personal affront. I can count on angel for a particular kind of post, grokmeister for another and you cause you always disagree with most posters...and you used the term circle jerk to show others your disdain for their opinions. I don't believe I've ever attacked you personally.
Sure, fine, whatever you say.

Back
Top Bottom