• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:963][W:#588][W:#502]Transgender swimmer destroying records

The teachers stated they stalked the kids online search activities. The school will now put a stop to teachers monitoring of online activities. The teachers are facing discipline. Obviously, to lisa, that all means they didn't do it. Rofl

It is common for schools to monitor the use of their issued laptops.

It is common for schools to monitor the use of their issued laptops.
Ugh. Not in the way these teachers did.. Which is why the school is putting a stop to this sort use.

"Denial" to "justification" again.

Last edited:
Ugh. Not in the way these teachers did.. Which is why the school is putting a stop to this sort use.

Interesting how you are milking this one story to support a narrative of transphobia.

Interesting how you are milking this one story to support a narrative of transphobia.
A story from a very questionable source that Buck takes as fact because he believes and supports the same bias.

EDIT, This teacher was not monitoring the student's laptop because a teacher doesn't have the ability or access to that technology, despite what you believe.

Last edited:
A story from a very questionable source that Buck takes as fact because he believes and supports the same bias.

EDIT, This teacher was not monitoring the student's laptop because a teacher doesn't have the ability or access to that technology, despite what you believe.

The teachers stated they monitored students (more than just one). Despite what you believe.

Last edited:
The teachers stated they monitored students (more than just one). Despite what you believe.
Did they state how they monitored students? Do you have a source that is a bit more trustworthy than Epoch Times?

Did they state how they monitored students? Do you have a source that is a bit more trustworthy than Epoch Times?

They did not state. There was some evidence posted, that one of the teacher's is married to the school's IT guy. So, that seems possible.

They did not state. There was some evidence posted, that one of the teacher's is married to the school's IT guy. So, that seems possible.
Get back to me when you know for certain instead of leading questions.

Last edited:
Get back to me when you know for ceryain instead of leading questions.

I don't know nor care "how" they did it. That's something for the school to worry about.

The teacher's stated they were looking at the kids google history. The teachers made the statements. The school is putting a stop to it.

This really isn't in question, except for those like you. So, really.. Stop worrying about "how they did it" and start working on "why it's a great thing", so that you can justify their behavior.

Get back to me when you know for certain instead of leading questions.

You can even look it up. One of the teachers in question is Kelly Baraki. Her husband, Travis Baraki, is the Information Services Director at Spreckels Union School District

I don't know nor care "how" they did it. That's something for the school to worry about.

The teacher's stated they were looking at the kids google history. The teachers made the statements. The school is putting a stop to it.

This really isn't in question, except for those like you. So, really.. Stop worrying about "how they did it" and start working on "why it's a great thing", so that you can justify their behavior.
If they are using a school-issued laptop they have the right to search/monitor that, just as the school has the right to search a locker.

If they are using a school-issued laptop they have the right to search/monitor that, just as the school has the right to search a locker.

Yes, you already made that statement. The school disagrees with you. They are not to be using that feature for the reason these teachers did. It's that simple.

Yes, you already made that statement. The school disagrees with you. They are not to be using that feature for the reason these teachers did. It's that simple.

Are you still going on about a story that has nothing to do with the OP?

Are you still going on about a story that has nothing to do with the OP?

Yes, I'm responding. Seems like you are the one that keeps bringing it up.

Yes, I'm responding. Seems like you are the one that keeps bringing it up.

Oh really?

They can pressure students,which is what the mother says the daughter alleges. As these same teachers stalked kid's online activity during lockdowns and kept info.from parents, I wouldn't be surprised. As the daughter said: these teachers are "bad people".

I'm not sure exactly which part you are asking about. But, you'll have to ask the teachers. None of it has been disputed by the school or teachers. The school has indicated they are taking appropriate personnel steps to ensure the activities and comments will not be repeated. So, they may be fired. I would guess they will. There was a big enough uproar at the school board meeting over it. It's making the local CA news too.

Yes, the teacher's stalking the kid's online activities and keeping secrets from the parents. The school making a statement that they will ensure future activities meet state requirements, putting an end to a lot of what these teachers were involved in and taking "appropriate personnel" steps against the teachers involved... And you think the parents are the problem.. OK...

Glad the school doesn't agree with you and is placing blame appropriately on the teachers. Though, IMO, the school gets some blame when all this occurred under their noses while claiming they had no idea. Seems like poor management.

Anyway, we went from "it doesn't happen" to "it's good it happened" you even threw in a weird claim that "the parents are to blame".

The teachers stated they stalked the kids online search activities. The school will now put a stop to teachers monitoring of online activities. The teachers are facing discipline. Obviously, to lisa, that all means they didn't do it. Rofl

You can even look it up. One of the teachers in question is Kelly Baraki. Her husband, Travis Baraki, is the Information Services Director at Spreckels Union School District

^ Tons of drivel about a story that has nothing to do with the OP.

Oh

^ Tons of drivel about a story that has nothing to do with the OP.

They were all in response to others. Regardless, sometimes discussions veer from the op. Lobby to change the rules, if you are that bothered. That would be as productive as you screaming transphobe at everyone you disagree with.

Last edited:
Having a child take hormone blockers enough to stop the natural development of their bodies in puberty is a MAJOR medical procedure. And one that has not been totally studied as of yet. It will take many years before we know the side effects of this procedure. To behave like this procedure is just standard medical practice is truly ignorant.

Outkick is SPORTS. Jesus. Sports.

But please, put a “measure” on everything,

Phys251 can't argue the subject so he resorts to Ad Hominem Fallacy.

I think the funniest thing in this whole bout or Transgender insanity is the people rushing into the debate breathlessly now that Lia Thompson has lost a race... to a Transgender Male. So in this instance they need to misgender the winner of the race in order to try and make the argument that women can still compete! :rolleyes: 😄

Except that the female in question, who is transitioning to a Man, is taking testosterone.

And that still can't explain why a Transgender Man should be competing in a Women's swimming competition.....

The reality is that both the Transgender Woman and Transgender Man are competing in Women's swimming competitions for the same reason: They can win there.

Except that the female in question, who is transitioning to a Man, is taking testosterone.

The trans man swimming on the woman's team is not taking testosterone. Only transitioned socially. She placed more importance on her ability to swim and win than on her transition. Individuals make sacrifices all the time to participate in sports and I have no issue with her continuing to swim on the women's team, as she was not on testosterone.

I think the funniest thing in this whole bout or Transgender insanity is the people rushing into the debate breathlessly now that Lia Thompson has lost a race... to a Transgender Male.

Multiple people at the swim meet claimed that Lia was taking it easy, coasting. My guess is Lia saw the backlash from her teammates and didn't want to make it so obvious. Apparently, one of the races she won, she was behind the entire time and put on a burst of speed at the end to win.

One quickly gets into trouble with that position since we do not take any action based on the wide range of physiological advantages of some males over others. We don't say "well, that 7.5 foot guy shouldn't be allowed in the NBA because few males are that tall". And if we don't, it makes it harder to justify saying "ok, so you're a bit taller than women on average, and while we wouldn't utter a peep if you were born female, we are going to utter a peep because you've transitioned."

And as far as I'm aware, we actually do not have indication that the average differences between males and females actually translates into M-F females winning more on average than those born female. The media certainly blares on when a M-F trans person "breaks records", but they don't make much noise when they don't unless you scroll down a while. I remember noise on DP about a M-F trans body builder who was supposedly breaking records. Well, she bombed out of the Olympics. Didn't even make it in to compete there. One anecdote, but anecdotes are what we mostly seem to have.

I find it very hard to justify barring M-F trans people from female sports when we take no such action with any other biological advantage. (Mechanical ones, yes. See Pistorious. And that was of course its own debate... did he actually have an advantage?). And that's not to say that we should. We'd ruin sports if we barred particularly tall, broad-shouldered, strong, explosive males from the NBA out of a concern that they had unfair biological advantages over 5"8 males who really want to play.

🤷
I would say it's far from anecdotal. If it's true that transgender woman are dominating women's sports and the current rules are "unfair," then the Olympics would have been a perfect ground for transgender female domination. It wasn't. The only transgender person to win a metal at the Olympics (post-transition) was a non-binary women's soccer player named Quinn. They were born female, and simply identifies as non-binary. How about the WNBA? Are their transgender females who won league MVP awards?

The examples out there are pretty slim for two reason: (1) transgender females have to met certain and strict criteria. If they don't suffer from gender dysphoria (or have a severe case), they're ineligible to play in female sports. (2) transgender people are very rare in our society. In 2019, the government released statistics on the number of transgender adults, and it was clocked at about 0.6% of the population. And that stat includes all transgender people - male, female, non-binary, two-spirit, and so forth.

For me, these are decisions that the NCAA, Olympic, and state and local authorities need to make. I am quite frankly cool with whatever they say. I would hope we would encourage more co-ed sports, so no person can get left out, regardless of their gender identity/expression.

Are you affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania?

Not any more. And I'm no longer affiliated with anything in Pennsylvania nor will I patronize or support anything either of them does.

Just because a man puts on lip-stick it doesn't turn them into a woman.

The answer is not that simple.

Yes, it is that simple, but you needlessly complicate it.

It's astonishing that you cannot distinguish between mental abilities and physical abilities.

I think the funniest thing in this whole bout or Transgender insanity is the people rushing into the debate breathlessly now that Lia Thompson has lost a race... to a Transgender Male. So in this instance they need to misgender the winner of the race in order to try and make the argument that women can still compete! :rolleyes: 😄

And that still can't explain why a Transgender Man should be competing in a Women's swimming competition.....

The reality is that both the Transgender Woman and Transgender Man are competing in Women's swimming competitions for the same reason: They can win there.
Yup. So now women's sports can include not only male-bodied and female-bodied people, they can also include male-identifying and female-identifying people. So we have the spectacle of someone the league believes to be male defeating someone who actually is male. In the women's league.

Why are we doing this again? How does this make any sense at all? Because "**** you TERF." I think on some level the radical trans activists must know that their ideology is incoherent and they are making up new rules on the fly and pretending they are settled science. But they are so convinced that they are on the right side of history that they simply don't care.

Back
Top Bottom