• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:58] Here are the 8 House Republicans who voted against suspending normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus

Lycanthrope

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
House of Representatives voted to suspend normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus. the vote was 424-8. Those 8?

• Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia
  • Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida
  • Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado
  • Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky
  • Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona
  • Rep. Dan Bishop of North Carolina
  • Rep. Glenn Grothman of Wisconsin
  • Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

On to the Senate...

• Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

Look at that list of deplorables.

House of Representatives voted to suspend normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus. the vote was 424-8. Those 8?

• Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

On to the Senate...

No surprises there. Bet there are no surprises in the senate, either.

Would be interesting to see if any of those 8 had received campaign 'donations' from recently indicted Andrey Muraviev or from the Russian oligarchs Len Blavatnik and Oleg Deripaska. Blavatnik is on Federal Election records for 'donating' more than $6 million to Republican candidates in 2015 and 2016.

• Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

On to the Senate...
I wonder how that bill will square with this:

• Rep. Chip Roy of Texas
Do you have any clue as to why they voted as they did, or is your issue not WHY they voted against the bill, but THAT they voted against the bill - the "why" in your mind being irrelevant?

• Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

On to the Senate...

Morons

Just curious - do their reasons matter? And if so, do we know what they are?

• Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

On to the Senate...
I've been looking for their reason for rejecting the bill and this is all I can find so far.

This bill allows [President Joe] Biden and future Presidents to sanction virtually anyone they choose anywhere on the globe without Congressional approval," Massie told Newsweek in an emailed statement to explain his rejection of the bipartisan legislation.
If this is true it does present a problem in that it seems to give the POTUS more unchecked power. I say this having not read the actual bill. Using the current crisis to pass a bill which might be problematic down the road might be reasonable.

Do you have any clue as to why they voted as they did, or is your issue not WHY they voted against the bill, but THAT they voted against the bill - the "why" in your mind being irrelevant?
I try not to ask why Marjorie Greene does anything. I'm more afraid of the answer than her stupid original ****ed up shit.

Is this where the bully’s hang out? Not one nice word amongst anyone. Unreal.

Why the gang up?

I've been looking for their reason for rejecting the bill and this is all I can find so far.

If this is true it does present a problem in that it seems to give the POTUS more unchecked power. I say this having not read the actual bill. Using the current crisis to pass a bill which might be problematic down the road might be reasonable.
...and that's the problem with a lot of our congressional bills -- laden with lots of crap not even related to the bill's title, and/or innocuous stipulations such as this that seriously warrant further discussion before tacit approval.

• Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

On to the Senate...
Traitors all

Nobody cares since everybody cares who doesn’t care to care, even care bears.

...and that's the problem with a lot of our congressional bills -- laden with lots of crap not even related to the bill's title, and/or innocuous stipulations such as this that seriously warrant further discussion before tacit approval.
Previous attempts at passing bills under pressure have been shown to merit suspicion. Idk, the specifics of this bill, having not read it, but perhaps it deserves more scrutiny if what I quoted is true.

Previous attempts at passing bills under pressure have been shown to merit suspicion. Idk, the specifics of this bill, having not read it, but perhaps it deserves more scrutiny if what I quoted is true.
That would be my point - knowing congress as I do and how they routinely pad bills - PLUS ogre Nancy's infamous "We must pass the bill to know what's in it" inanity...

Back
Top Bottom