• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:58] Here are the 8 House Republicans who voted against suspending normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus

Those are just the ones who donated more or less directly.

There are a lot of others who received Russian money from the NRA, which laundered a lot of it.
Agree.
And remember Deripaska is the Russian money behind the Rudy Giuliani fake Biden/Ukraine conspiracy theory.

This may be a quaint notion these days, but congress cannot cede it's constitutional powers to the executive branch by statute.

That is as good a reason to vote against it as any.

Congress needs to be involved in these decisions.

Hmmm. Congress voted to give its war-making powers over to Presiden Bush.

Hmmm. Congress voted to give its war-making powers over to Presiden [sic] Bush.

Hi, j brown's body!

We have a national anthem. Various other organizations, notably our colleges, have songs. I submit that one be selected for the Congress of the United States of Amrica.

My suggestion: Sidestep, from The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas, Larry L. King, Peter Masterson, and Carol Hall.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Hmmm. Congress voted to give its war-making powers over to Presiden Bush.
First of all, I did not justify that decision.

Secondly, the war powers act of 1973 did that (wrongfully IMO) as well.

One wrong decision does not justify another, agreed?

That would be my point - knowing congress as I do and how they routinely pad bills - PLUS ogre Nancy's infamous "We must pass the bill to know what's in it" inanity...
No different than when McConnell was asked about his platform if they won back the senate. He said, when we win back the senate, we'll let you know.

House of Representatives voted to suspend normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus. the vote was 424-8. Those 8?

• Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia
  • Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida
  • Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado
  • Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky
  • Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona
  • Rep. Dan Bishop of North Carolina
  • Rep. Glenn Grothman of Wisconsin
  • Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

On to the Senate...

WHY don't the first three names surprise me?

Speaking of that idiot Boebert, did she ever figure out which Prince John she was fantasizing about yet?

Back
Top Bottom