• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:58] Here are the 8 House Republicans who voted against suspending normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus

Obvious tag team trolling in attempts to derail this thread.

Thread topic...

Here are the 8 House Republicans who voted against suspending normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus​

Obviously the hottest of hot topics this week.

House of Representatives voted to suspend normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus. the vote was 424-8. Those 8?

• Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia
  • Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida
  • Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado
  • Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky
  • Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona
  • Rep. Dan Bishop of North Carolina
  • Rep. Glenn Grothman of Wisconsin
  • Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

On to the Senate...
Swine, all of them.

To answer your question: these are a bunch of idiots who are ALWAYS pulling stupid sh*t, so the automatic go-to is that thy arze just pulling stupid sh*t yet again. If you have information that would show otherwise, let’s see it. Otherwise STFU with your stupid questions.
Geez, it was just a question - no need for thread rage.

Obvious tag team trolling in attempts to derail this thread.

Thread topic...

Here are the 8 House Republicans who voted against suspending normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus​

Quite obvious, juvenile attempts also. 🤡

New acronym, TTT, (Tag Team Trolling)

Inspired by poweRob

Moderator's Warning:
Here's the topic of the thread;

"Here are the 8 House Republicans who voted against suspending normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus"​

Can we please focus on the topic only and not each other. Thank you.

“Some people look at the box and care what’s in it, some people only care what it says it says is in it.”, said someone. Me.

You’re welcome.

Just because the Reps voted it down isn’t a bad thing, maybe there was a bad part of the legislature.?

Think NATO, then you will get it.

There are some people who read the title of a bill and take it on face value that that's what the bill is about - and only about.

Those people are fools, with no practical understanding of how our government works, of how politics works.

They are "useful idiots" - lemmings, rats marching to the sonorous tunes of their political pied pipers - because they refuse to ask the most basic of questions - "Why?"
I looked for the text and can't find it anywhere. I'm happy to condemn and idiot for being an idiot but I like to knew what I'm talking about before I jump in those puddles.

Quite obvious, juvenile attempts also. 🤡
The question is WHY they voted against the bill. That's all. It's no more difficult than that.

I, for one, don't know why they voted against it.

But I think it a reasonable question to ask. Isn't it?

Most here don't seem to care to know the why, which I don't find particularly "adult" - since you put it in those terms. Do you know why?

At first blush, their "nays" seem improper, incongruous - but regardless one's political biases, they could have very good reasons for voting no - particularly when such a vote goes so completely against the grain of popular opinion as it obviously has here.

I looked for the text and can't find it anywhere. I'm happy to condemn and idiot for being an idiot but I like to knew what I'm talking about before I jump in those puddles.
And that's all I'm saying. We all know how politics works, how bills work.

I think it quite intolerant, and unfair to rush to such hasty judgments without knowing their reasons why, or merely because they're Republicans.

House of Representatives voted to suspend normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus. the vote was 424-8. Those 8?

• Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia
  • Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida
  • Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado
  • Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky
  • Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona
  • Rep. Dan Bishop of North Carolina
  • Rep. Glenn Grothman of Wisconsin
  • Rep. Chip Roy of Texas

On to the Senate...

I need a Trumpist here to step up and justify this pathetic behavior.

The question is WHY they voted against the bill. That's all. It's no more difficult than that.

I, for one, don't know why they voted against it.

But I think it a reasonable question to ask. Isn't it?

Most here don't seem to care to know the why, which I don't find particularly "adult" - since you put it in those terms. Do you know why?

At first blush, their "nays" seem improper, incongruous - but regardless one's political biases, they could have very good reasons

My fist though too, why?, until I saw the names of those who voted against it.
Then I immediately understood and you should to.
This was clearly nothing more than deplorables being deploables.

And that's all I'm saying. We all know how politics works, how bills work.

I think it quite intolerant, and unfair to rush to such hasty judgments without knowing their reasons why, or merely because they're Republicans.

Tell you what, you find out and tell us. It is very obvious to all.

In reading this text, I'm finding nothing objectionable in it to my way of thinking - at least on first read.

In general, it gives the president authority to up the duties levied on Russian and Belarus imports, while being accountable to the House Ways & Means committee, the House of Representatives, and the Committee on Finance of the Senate and limits his authority to Jan 1, 2024.

So my question stands, wondering what in this bill prompted those reps to vote against it?

In one of the articles it states that the bill was HR1708 yet when I look up that number on www.congress.gov that bill shows to be a Tribal Health Care bill. One of the accusations made by the eight GOP reps as to why they voted against it was that it would empower this and future presidents to act without input from congress. However the language in the bill states that the bill is to expire on Jan1, 2024.

Here is a link from the NWPost that is supposed to be the bill that the house approved. Note that this bill is as it was first submitted an does not have a HR number attached to it. I am trying to find a copy of the bill with the number and as passed.

What the NYPost says is the bill that passed.

I see that EdwinWillers was able to post just ahead of me with the actual bill. Seems someone listed the wrong number in an article I read. My bad.

In one of the articles it states that the bill was HR1708 yet when I look up that number on www.congress.gov that bill shows to be a Tribal Health Care bill. One of the accusations made by the eight GOP reps as to why they voted against it was that it would empower this and future presidents to act without input from congress. However the language in the bill states that the bill is to expire on Jan1, 2024.

Here is a link from the NWPost that is supposed to be the bill that the house approved. Note that this bill is as it was first submitted an does not have a HR number attached to it. I am trying to find a copy of the bill with the number and as passed.

What the NYPost says is the bill that passed.

I see that EdwinWillers was able to post just ahead of me with the actual bill. Seems someone listed the wrong number in an article I read. My bad.
It's actually H.R. 7014; I found the text here:
Whoops - I just saw that you just saw my post. :) :)

How do their constituents stand them?
If I had to guess?

Dimocrats like to sneak shit into every bill and they're using this little Russian skirmish to stealthy sneak in green new deal, anti 2A, build back worse, amnesty, ballot harvesting fraud, etc... that cant pass on a stand alone bill

Back
Top Bottom