• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:531]What Is Wrong with "slut shaming"?

Re: What Is Wrong with "slut shaming"?

In the days of slut shaming plenty of women lost their jobs or were expelled from school for being pregnant. You illustrated my point that men didn't pay the consequences for promiscuity as women did. Trump openly flaunted his affair with Marla Maples for months while he was married to Ivanna. There were never any consequences.

There were actually a lot of "atta boy"s when these conservatives heard about it.

The woman in question was caught committing adultery. It said nothing about her being "promiscuous" or a "prostitute". Seems like you need more Bible knowledge.

At any rate Jesus told the woman caught committing adultery "Go and sin no more".

So you feel you can too? What are you, Jesus?

What did he tell YOU you can do?

What is wrong with a sense of superiority?

Why don't we let Jesus answer that:

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

The woman in question was caught committing adultery. It said nothing about her being "promiscuous" or a "prostitute". Seems like you need more Bible knowledge.

At any rate Jesus told the woman caught committing adultery "Go and sin no more".

Exactly, he showed her grace With a view toward securing her repentance, not a validation of her behavior

Exactly, he showed her grace With a view toward securing her repentance, not a validation of her behavior

So you're Jesus now showing some grace?

Hm... the distinction is small. I remember people here calling Hill a slut...

No, the Dems have always had a higher standard regarding that. Remember Al Franken? If the GOP had similar high standards they wouldn't even have accepted Trump's application to run as a Republican.

HAHAHAHA!

Remember Bill Clinton? He was accused of rape and was proven by DNA to have shot his load all over an intern, did the democrats vote for his removal from office?

HAHAHAHA!

Remember Bill Clinton? He was accused of rape and was proven by DNA to have shot his load all over an intern, did the democrats vote for his removal from office?

Were they as self-righteous as you?

What consequences did you want of Donald Trump? You want a retroactive 15 year old summary removal from office from a job he was elected for?

You say “plenty of women were” but that’s just an unsupported assertion, you didn’t provide any concrete example so I could look into it and see the nuance of what actually happened.

That's the beauty of sexual infractions where if you wait long enough all that stuff is erased from the board.

Kind of like the Catholic Church in moving their pedophilic priest to another location for a "fresh start".

In the days of slut shaming plenty of women lost their jobs or were expelled from school for being pregnant. You illustrated my point that men didn't pay the consequences for promiscuity as women did. Trump openly flaunted his affair with Marla Maples for months while he was married to Ivanna. There were never any consequences.

It's the double-standard.

HAHAHAHA!

You know very well that Bill was only impeached because he committed perjury under oath as a married man lying about a blow job from someone who wasn't his wife (a rather common situation, the lying part - what is unusual is the under oath part). You know very well that Trump has done it over and over, the only difference is that his lawyers are smart enough to prevent him from going under oath, because he'd perjure himself 10 times in the first two minutes. We're talking about the guy who has told literally (not an exaggeration) 15,000 lies in three years of his term, including the statement to journalists on Air Force One that he never made any payment to Stormy Daniels. The ONLY difference between Trump's behavior and Bill Clinton's behavior is that Trump who actually wanted to testify, was prevented by his lawyers from doing so because they knew he'd perjure himself.

The same Newt Gingrich who was so outraged at Bill Clinton's behavior, was simultaneously cheating on his cancer-stricken wife.

There are hypocrites and double-standards in both parties. Don't give me the holier than thou attitude.

And in answer to your question, yes, five Democrats voted for impeaching Bill Clinton (Virgil Goode, Ralph Hall, Paul McHale, Charles Stenholm and Gene Taylor). How many Republicans voted for impeaching Trump for his OBVIOUS violation of US electoral laws when he tried to enlist the president of Ukraine to help him in his domestic contest against the then Dem front-runner Joe Biden???

So, the Democrats were more willing to engage in bi-partisan checks and balances against their own president, than the current Republicans.

That's the beauty of sexual infractions where if you wait long enough all that stuff is erased from the board.

Kind of like the Catholic Church in moving their pedophilic priest to another location for a "fresh start".

Pedophilia almost never happened in the Catholic Church.

Pedophilia occurs at a rate over 100 times higher in the public education system. And once the Church instituted better screening for homosexuals the problem went away

Pedophilia almost never happened in the Catholic Church.

Wow. I didn't know that DNA science was this advanced. Is your DNA a hybrid with an ostrich?

promiscuity is not "responsible sex".

Why not? Please explain what is irresponsible about it? Are you assuming they dont use birth control? That has nothing to do with numbers of partners and frequency of sex (promiscuity).

I thought it should be at least in a forum where it is related to the general range of topics. Abortion opponents are frequently accused of "slut shaming" (again I hate he term "slut" with a passion but I didn't know how else to introduce the subject).

That's true but IMO you really know it should have been in the Sex & Sexuality sub-forum. So I still suspect you have an ulterior agenda.

I've made it clear that I condemn men just as much as I have women.

Yes but there is no parallel 'shaming' for such men. They are generally admired by many in society.

What is the parallel shaming then?

You know very well that Bill was only impeached because he committed perjury under oath
which is a crime
as a married man lying about a blow job from someone who wasn't his wife (a rather common situation, the lying part - what is unusual is the under oath part).
regardless your claim was the democrats hold people to higher standards, this is blatantly not true.
You know very well that Trump has done it over and over, the only difference is that his lawyers are smart enough to prevent him from going under oath, because he'd perjure himself 10 times in the first two minutes. We're talking about the guy who has told literally (not an exaggeration) 15,000 lies in three years of his term,
The media has fact checked Trump to have lied when he claimed he served burgers a mile high when he didn’t have enough burgers to literally make a mile high tower. This idea Trump has lied 15000 times is itself a lie.
including the statement to journalists on Air Force One that he never made any payment to Stormy Daniels.
he didn’t, Cohen did
The ONLY difference between Trump's behavior and Bill Clinton's behavior is that Trump who actually wanted to testify, was prevented by his lawyers from doing so because they knew he'd perjure himself.
Irrelevant

The same Newt Gingrich who was so outraged at Bill Clinton's behavior, was simultaneously cheating on his cancer-stricken wife.

That was very egregious and I hope Gingrich repents, but that is irrelevant

There are hypocrites and double-standards in both parties. Don't give me the holier than thou attitude.
You just claimed the democrats hold people to higher standards because Katie Hill and Al Franken voluntarily resigned, when the democrats had the decision to remove a rapist from the office of the presidency they refused to do so, so your claim was false. If you’re now saying they’re equal I have won the argument

And in answer to your question, yes, five Democrats voted for impeaching Bill Clinton (Virgil Goode, Ralph Hall, Paul McHale, Charles Stenholm and Gene Taylor). How many Republicans voted for impeaching Trump for his OBVIOUS violation of US electoral laws when he tried to enlist the president of Ukraine to help him in his domestic contest against the then Dem front-runner Joe Biden???
That is simply false, Trump wanted an investigation of obvious corruption Biden has openly bragged about.
So, the Democrats were more willing to engage in bi-partisan checks and balances against their own president, than the current Republicans.
A handful of democrats cared Clinton was a DNA proven perjurer then the number of Republicans who are willing to ignore Pelosi is covering up for Crooked Joe?

Well I consider my sense of moral superiority fully justified. As I'm not condemning anything I've ever done. My hands are clean.

I have not seen you justify it yet and I have read the entire thread.

So why are women who do it "sluts", but men who do it "studs"?
Women don't really believe in equality or equal work for equal pay.

Why do guys have to even have to Try for twat? Women don't have to try for dick.

I personally hate the word "slut" with a passion but I'm using it here given everyone will know what I'm talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slut

A recurring theme for people on the right who criticize women's sexual behaviors is that they are "slut shaming". Now according to everything I've read a "slut" or "slutty behavior" involves sexual promiscuity. Though it is almost always used to refer to women it can (and has) been used regarding men as well.

My point is this:

Shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something we should treat as "shameful"? What possible redeeming and positive attribute does it have? No matter your views on abortion, or premarital or extramarital sexual morality shouldn't sexual promiscuity be something that everyone on every side of the belief spectrum rightfully condemns?

What could possibly be wrong about shaming people who engage in such behavior?
Pull that big ol’ stick outta your keister and mind your own damn business. Who, how often, where and how others **** is their choice. That you are offended by it is your own freudian problem to deal with.

This idea Trump has lied 15000 times is itself a lie.
Agreed. 15,000 is way, way too low of an estimate. He probably crossed into 7 figure country years ago.

which is a crime regardless your claim was the democrats hold people to higher standards, this is blatantly not true.
The media has fact checked Trump to have lied when he claimed he served burgers a mile high when he didn’t have enough burgers to literally make a mile high tower. This idea Trump has lied 15000 times is itself a lie. he didn’t, Cohen did
Irrelevant

That was very egregious and I hope Gingrich repents, but that is irrelevant

You just claimed the democrats hold people to higher standards because Katie Hill and Al Franken voluntarily resigned, when the democrats had the decision to remove a rapist from the office of the presidency they refused to do so, so your claim was false. If you’re now saying they’re equal I have won the argument

That is simply false, Trump wanted an investigation of obvious corruption Biden has openly bragged about.

A handful of democrats cared Clinton was a DNA proven perjurer then the number of Republicans who are willing to ignore Pelosi is covering up for Crooked Joe?

If any of these women ever hurts you directly, let us know and we will look into it.

Otherwise, I am not sure how any of this is any of your business.

Do you really think 'sluts' is one of our compelling problems?

I think that sex outside of marriage is the underlying cause of ALL major social problems in the United States.

Why don't we let Jesus answer that:

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

I don't have a beam in my eye. I'm not guilty of any of the sins I'm condemning.

I don't have a beam in my eye. I'm not guilty of any of the sins I'm condemning.

Your hypocrisy is vile....you have never committed a sin in your life?

Credibility dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom